Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese)

3 posters

Go down

top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) Empty top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese)

Post  researchingeverything Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 am

ok it seems that actually might be a food to avoid because of the mycotoxins?

http://wageningenacademic.metapress.com/content/5151j377v8v12260/

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) Empty Re: top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese)

Post  AS54 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:21 am

If someone is allergic to mold, I'd say it is a priority to avoid these kinds of foods. Dairy itself causes enough problems to justify anyone in seeing if they improve on a dairy free diet (similar to wheat).

Something to consider is how your cheese is made. The ancient ways of making cheeses involved allowing milk to curdle in the preserved organs of a calf (a pasture raised animal), so you were getting the natural bacterial populations present there. The cheese was also heavily salted. Today, your cheese is produced in a factory, if you are buying the popular commercial stuff. It is made with recombinant bacterial strains that are selectively cultured to produce higher levels of certain free aminos (glutamic acid, a neurotoxin in the right amounts) and the cheese isn't always aged as long as traditional cheeses were. This can leave a lot more lactose and casein in the cheese, which by themselves cause problems irrespective of the mold content.

The fact is today cheeses aren't salty enough, at least the varieties that get eaten the most. Ancient cheeses probably more closely resembled things like feta. The salt, and vinegar washes, prevent molds from growing in the first place. But they don't help if the mold is present in the milk substrate to begin with!

So the most important thing to consider is the cow you're getting the milk from. Since most of these animals today are getting fed with corn that is mold infested, you get contamination of the milk that is used to make the cheese. If you look at the FDA acceptable mycotoxin levels, there is a 20 ppm cap for aflatoxin EXCEPT in milk. I wonder why that is...because the cows we get our milk from are fed corn. Corn itself has pretty stringent caps for mycotoxin levels for human consumption, less than 2-4 ppm I believe. And corn suspected of containing higher levels of fumosin isn't fed to horses/rabbits. Where does it go? It goes to the cows. Trust me, ask a farmer today what the difficulty with cows is. They'll tell you its trying to get them to grow as fast as possible and fatten them with corn, to get them to slaughter before they die of illness.

What foods are generally highest in mycotoxins? Obviously the fermentable stuff like beers, especially wheat beers. Pretty much anything involving a nut or a grain. Wheat, corn, and dairy are probably the biggest offenders that get the most consumption by people today. And the only true way to avoid them (since they can't be neturalized) is to avoid any food that is made with milk, wheat, and/or corn. And to be honest, there are more reasons than this to avoid these anyway. But again, I'd say its all an issue of how you handle the food personally. I know people who have no problems with food sensitivities and eat things like hard cheeses all the time. If I have any kind of milk products, its instant brain fog/headache/dizziness.

I don't think dairy is necessarily an evil in and of itself. The argument against casein is strong though, but certain populations seem more well adapted. The problem with milk is the problem with corn.

Besides this and other evidence, I continue to find reasons that a diet consisting of fruit, pasture-raised meat, animal fats, and some vegetation is the ideal human diet. What does it leave out? All of the wheat, corn, and dairy.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese) Empty Re: top foods to avoid (mycotoxins and cheese)

Post  lutz Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:47 am

I've had good experiences overall with quality cheeses from pastured cows. Find some grass based gouda or pick up some Kerrygold Dubliner. This is some of the highest quality food you can eat! Artisan cheeses are one of the last bastions of food that remains mostly the same as it was historically imo....(I'm not talking way back like curdling in organs historically)

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down