Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss

+4
Vince Clortho
sanderson
lutz
MikeGore
8 posters

Go down

Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss Empty Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss

Post  MikeGore Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:04 am

It's amazing that after all this time and I am still learning stuff. Or perhaps I've read them before, but there are so many supplements to take that I must have ignored this stuff.

I've read the threads, there is many information regarding the relationship of prolactin with hair loss.

Hopefully, this relationship is a big one. Perhaps what I need. So I think I will be buying Chasteberry or Mucuna Dopa.

It seems Mucuna Dopa is better. My only concern with this one is how it affects the dopamine levels. All this time I have taken supplements, I have never taken one that would affect my dopamine, serotonin levels type thing. Should I be concerned? Could it have addictive qualities like anti-depressants? Does it require weaning off etc?

Do I need to check my prolactin levels before taking any of these supplements?

I do believe I might have some gynecomastia,(and I was taking Maca, and DIM before for this). I do have more than average body hair. What other symptoms are indicative of abnormal prolactin levels?

Also, all this time I had thought Maca, DIM balance the hormones. So does both Mucuna Dopa/Chasterberry do more than Maca or DIM?

Thanks

Mike

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss Empty Re: Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss

Post  lutz Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:04 am

SNS Inhibit-P is a good formulation for prolactin. It is Chasteberry, Macuna, and p5p I think.

Lately though, I've been pondering why my prolactin might be high, instead of committing to combating the issue through long term supplement use.

lutz

Back to top Go down

Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss Empty Re: Mucuna Dopa vs Chasteberry: Prolactin and Hair Loss

Post  sanderson Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:11 am

mucana dopa is crazy how happy it makes you. i bought some of it to add into a rotation of 6 supplements for testosterone boosters. the stuff works.. it creates a really nice happy feeling in your stomach for the entire day. i only took it once a week, but id imagine you would create a tolerance.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:42 am

Mucuna Pruriens worked great for me for about 2 weeks then it's effects diminished quickly and I took a month off. I started back up last week and I had a great high using 4 pills @ 50 mg a pill of L Dopa and 200 mg of egcg for decarboxylase inhibition. I would not take l dopa with out a decarboxylase inhibitor of some sort bc the l dopa will not reach the BBB unless they are used together also taking p5p at the same time as the l dopa will render the l dopa useless being that it will release into the body before it reaches the brain. Ou are better off taking the p5p an hour after the ingestion of the mucuna pruriens.
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:53 am

I'm a bit confused with the Mucuna right now. The reason why I wanted to buy it was to reduce prolactin. But I also find out that mucuna increases dopamine, and I've read that dopamine causes hair loss. In fact CS posted a study about dopamine agonists causing hair loss. So why should we take mucuna then? I don't even know what my dopamine levels are, but had thought that this herbs is reasonably safe to take without testing. I do have some symptoms like anxiety that may indicate low dopamine, but frankly I do not know

Also, may of the supplements say directions for use such as (http://images.iherb.com/l/NOW-03092-2.jpg) to take two pills (presumably daily). Would this be too much?7

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:36 am

You need to take a good amount to notice any pro dopamine effects. Im talking like at least 300mgs at one time. Dopamine and prolactin go hand in hand so if one is low the other will be high. I don't see how raising dopamine would cause you to loose hair being that the general consensus is that prolactin can increase dht so using dopa to lower prolactin should be a good thing. Dopa at best is a subtle psychoactive herb used to reduce anxiety,promote feelings of well being, and possibly shorten the refractory period. I doubt it does much for raising test.
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:00 pm

There is pretty good evidence that proper dopamine modulates the immune system, and that in autoimmune conditions dopamine is low. You pump endorphins into some with autoimmunity and it tends to resolve temporarily. I believe hairloss is a localized autoimmune condition and would probably benefit from normal dopamine levels. Obviously I don't have the means to test that though, so I'm spitballing. But over time I've also saw a correlation, at least here at the forum, between hairloss and some psychological conditions (anxiety, avoidant personality, depression), and all of these can be connected to an imbalance in endorphins as well. If any of you want proof of that, next time you are feeling nervous or something (as long as you aren't in public), try edging. I won't explain what that means in detail haha, but use manual stimulation to get yourself a bit aroused but don't literally start masturbating. Just enough to arouse yourself. See what happens to yourself mentally. That's what a rush of dopamine feels like. I actually learned this trick from a quirky, but brilliant, dr of physiology who was explaining that if you ever find yourself nodding off while doing something important (like driving) to use this trick. If the brain perceives sex is about to happen, it energizes the entire system briefly. Could save your life  Very Happy .
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:51 pm

AS54 wrote: If any of you want proof of that, next time you are feeling nervous or something (as long as you aren't in public), try edging. I won't explain what that means in detail haha, but use manual stimulation to get yourself a bit aroused but don't literally start masturbating. Just enough to arouse yourself. See what happens to yourself mentally. That's what a rush of dopamine feels like. I actually learned this trick from a quirky, but brilliant, dr of physiology who was explaining that if you ever find yourself nodding off while doing something important (like driving) to use this trick. If the brain perceives sex is about to happen, it energizes the entire system briefly. Could save your life  Very Happy .

lol! this is exactly what i am doing when i am driving home late at night  Very Happy 

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:41 am

zinc is another prolacting inhibitor

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmed Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 am

My 19 year old daughter was on an antianxiety medication prescribed by a licensed Psychiatrist. It was working pretty good, but needed to be tweaked. While at college, she was talked into stopping her prescribed meds and taking mucuna. She only took it for a month but experienced EXPREME hair loss! EXTREME! her long, beautiful, thick hair is now half as thick and fine. Please do not fall for the crap that it doesn't cause hair loss, because after only a month of use, here's is bad! Which brings me to my question:

Now that she has stopped it for about 3 weeks, will the hair loss stop & will her thickness grow back? Does anyone know?

Charmed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down