Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica

5 posters

Go down

Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica Empty Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica

Post  julien 1200 Mon May 18, 2009 1:15 am

hello,

I have tried to find the information I wanted but things are still not clear for me.

i'm 23 and started losing hair at 19, directly I started minox + fina wich gave me wonderfull results. One year ago I switched to dut for better results, it's not better nor worse. Never had side effects.

I'm happy with dut + minox but I know that they will loose efficiency by time, and i want to attack hairloss from a more global/natural way.

I know lot of people here are really against fin or dut. But please don't ask me to stop dut and minox now... i won't do it becuase I feel it to risky. First i want to evaluate the efficency of natural complement on me.

So I ordered 2 weeks ago the IH top 6! And use it everyday. I also gopnna add reverstarol to decrease stress damage.

I saw lot of talks about beta-sitosterol. If I'm not wrong is has the same way of action than dut. except that it's natural. So no need for me.

Now i'm seing a lot about Pueraria Mirifica, if I understand well it increase SHBG that bind to testosterone and so doesn't change in dht after... so thta's very good !
the problem is that it raise the estrogen level.

Globablly i want to know why poeple take maca with it ? is it to counteract the "bad" effect on libido that can have PM ?
Some poeple speack about 7hmr.

To summarize I would like to understand clearly what are the principle of actions of PM, maca and 7 HMR. How they help to fight hairloss and what are the risks of side effects.

Thanks a lot and sorry for asking so many queestions, but I don't want to make a stupide regimen.

Regards!

julien 1200

Back to top Go down

Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica Empty Re: Dutasteride with Pueraria Mirifica

Post  Swimmy Mon May 18, 2009 1:57 am

Unless you are switching. I probably wouldn't use PM with that. I think you will def see some side effects then. Might be too much.

If you are on the top 6 along with minox and duat I think that will probably suffice for now even with a lackluster diet.

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Mon May 18, 2009 1:59 am

BTW guys will finast/duat/minox efficiency be able to keep effectiveness over time with the top6 support?

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  julien 1200 Mon May 18, 2009 2:07 am

hey what mean lasckluster (english is not my motherlanguage) does it mean bad regimen, with lot of junkfood. ect

hum why niot using pm and dut together, as they have a different way of actions.

i agree that dut + beta sitosterol has no sence but dut + pm could be usefull no ??

julien 1200

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 18, 2009 6:15 am

julien 1200 - If you're using Dutasteride or Finasteride then Beta-Sitosterol or Pueraria Mirifica should not be used, because it will only increase potential side effects.

If you decided that you wanted to replace Dutasteride or Finasteride at some point, then Pueraria Mirifica would be a better replacement.

As for me, I don't use any strong Anti-DHT treatments. I spent years taking Saw Palmetto and then Beta-Sitosterol and it eventually became too much. The sexual sides can occur in a subtle way over time and eventually the worst can happen.

The other problem about strong DHT inhibitors is that they can increase anxiety and depression.

I do not believe PM falls into this category because instead of interfering with an enzyme what it does is, it increases the actions a beneficial estrogen called estriol, while displacing more potent and undesirable estrogens like estrone and estradiol. This also reduces the amount of androgens, so therefore puts the brakes on DHT.

What about Maca? No one is exactly sure how Maca works, some studies show it can shrink the prostate that was initially enlarged by testosterone stimulation. It also increases IGF-1 and this action could theoretically improve other treatments for hair loss. Maca is also supports balance of the adrenal system.

What about 7-HMR lignans? Read my site to know more about them. www.Immortalhair.org

As I said I personally do not use any of these things, even 7-HMR because there is now room for better treatments.
I think strongly blocking DHT is only wise in the very early stages--when you're very young, other than that blocking DHT will become a futile effort to saving hair.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  2560 Mon May 18, 2009 8:43 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:julien 1200 - If you're using Dutasteride or Finasteride then Beta-Sitosterol or Pueraria Mirifica should not be used, because it will only increase potential side effects.

If you decided that you wanted to replace Dutasteride or Finasteride at some point, then Pueraria Mirifica would be a better replacement.

As for me, I don't use any strong Anti-DHT treatments. I spent years taking Saw Palmetto and then Beta-Sitosterol and it eventually became too much. The sexual sides can occur in a subtle way over time and eventually the worst can happen.

The other problem about strong DHT inhibitors is that they can increase anxiety and depression.

I do not believe PM falls into this category because instead of interfering with an enzyme what it does is, it increases the actions a beneficial estrogen called estriol, while displacing more potent and undesirable estrogens like estrone and estradiol. This also reduces the amount of androgens, so therefore puts the brakes on DHT.

CS: I am confused regarding DUT and PM use. I thought you had said in another post that because Dut increases
bad estrogen that PM would be beneficial to use with DUT as the PM displaces the bad estogens. Please clarify if you
would. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon May 18, 2009 9:34 am

If you are seeing results with the medicine and you intend to hang on to the meds - look for other core aspects of natural healing instead of ingesting more supplements / chemicals hitting the same track ( DHT )

1. Clean up your diet
2. Exercise
3. Destress
4. Sleep well
5. Take a good multi vitamin, look for sources of Omega3, eat nuts - etc
6. Try to heal/fortify your gut --> Kefir / probiotics, etc
7. Try to keep your liver/kidney/GB/colon healthy
9. etc

I probably would do some of these first as companion stratgegies before continuing to tinker with more and more of your hormones...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

2560 - I don't remember saying that exactly, but maybe something close. In any case, it's hard to know what kind of effect that taking Pueraria Mirifica will have with something like Fin or Dut. Especially Dutasteride since it has such a long half-life. The only thing that might aid Dut or Fin use and this is just speculation on my part is Pregnenolone or Progesterone. Also recently someone mentioned nootropics also.

But as lund pointed out, messing with the drugs may only complicate matters and eventually it maybe difficult to know what is doing what.

If I suddenly fell into a coma and a well meaning person put me on 6-months of Dutasteride "therapy" the first thing I would when waking up and hearing the news is panic....... Then, after that slowly withdrawal from it and slip in Pueraria Mirifica and hope for the best. Then use the other natural treatments instead of PM and attack the primary roots.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Mon May 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Not to mention PM has other benefits as well!

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue May 19, 2009 2:39 am

Just remember it is very hard to get rid of bitch tits - keep an eye on them and take corrective actions at 1st signs...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  julien 1200 Tue May 19, 2009 4:19 am

The problem is that I'm too scared to stop the thing that has bring my hair back... If I had no succes on dut I would leave it directly. But it has save me. Seriously.
But I know that at long term it might be dangerous, and that it also loose effectiveness with time. That's why i'm considering a more natural regimen.

I have already bought the IH top 6 and I will defenitely use at least 1 year. But PM results looks impresive. I don't want to play the magician and risk my health. neverthless, today without dutasteride I would probably be in depression as I was when i began to loose my hair at 19.

i would like to try PM in conjunction with maca and se what happen. I know its sounds risky, but as it is supposed to regulate hormones I don't understand how it could be worse to use it than not.

CS... why do you say progesterone could be good with dut ?

julien 1200

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 19, 2009 4:59 am

julien 1200 - I'm going to make an about face recommendation on using Progesterone or Pregnenolone with Dutasteride or even Finasteride for that matter.

The reason is that the benefits of taking either of these hormones is lost with 5-alpha reductase when destroyed. This was confirmed when seeing a study on Dut, which had a significant reduction related to producing progesterone reduced metabolites.

Anyway to answer your initial question, why progesterone? although this is now a moot point check out this study:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/112650754/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Progesterone and Pregenolone have positive and neuroprotective attributes in the brain. These are diminished with the use of a strong 5-alpha reductase inhibitor
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  julien 1200 Tue May 19, 2009 10:35 pm

CS: I have even read on interent that progesterone could even be good for hair.

So do you advice it for hair or more to counteract the sides of dut ???

Do you have a brand to advice and how to use it ?

regards

julien 1200

Back to top Go down

Post  julien 1200 Wed May 20, 2009 1:10 am

i foun,d to wery interesting and easy to read article about progesterone

this on says it could be of great help and explain why very clearly, nice :

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateProgesterone5-08.html

this on says progesterone trial where not successfull against hairloss but the srtudy is maybe too small only 12 people...

http://www.androgeneticalopecia.com/hair-loss-treatments/topical-progesterone-pattern-baldness.shtml

what do you think about it CS

julien 1200

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 20, 2009 2:27 am

julien 1200 - I advised a relative who had use progesterone with excellent consistency and it had helped him maintain his hair. He did not have a strong tendency to bald and now days he's on a more stronger regimen. I have personally used it sporadically but did not find it potent enough as a stand alone treatment. Progesterone does counteract estrogen and inhibit DHT and that does sound good but I remember when using it alone there was more to be desired.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down