Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
pueraria mirifica  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
pueraria mirifica  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
pueraria mirifica  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
pueraria mirifica  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
pueraria mirifica  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
pueraria mirifica  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
pueraria mirifica  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
pueraria mirifica  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
pueraria mirifica  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

pueraria mirifica

+2
SonofOdin
shaftless
6 posters

Go down

pueraria mirifica  Empty pueraria mirifica

Post  shaftless Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

This plant from thailand is high in phytosterols and estrogen. Some women take it to enlarge their breasts. Supposedly it can also help with hair growth as well. Has anybody ever used this? Since it may not be good for us guys to take this orally...maybe it might be a good topical. It's available as a supplement so it might be able to dissolve in water or alcohol.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

pueraria mirifica  Empty Re: pueraria mirifica

Post  SonofOdin Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Never heard of this, but I'll have to look into it. Sort of seems like anything that feminizes improves hair. Wish this wasn't so.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:14 am

I think it's worth noting this is in CS' topical:

http://hairevo.com/shop/view-all-products/25-rejuveplex-1-bottle.html

Water, Glycerine, Lumistorâ„¢ (L-Hydroproxyline), Pueraria Mirifica Root Extract, Alcohol (Ethanol), Panthenol, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopherol, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Lecithin, Opuntia Ficus Indica Stem Extract, Lactobacillus/Nereocystis Luetkeana Ferment Filtrate, Phenoxyethanol, Cyperus Rotundus Root Extract, Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract/Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Xanthium Sibiricum Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Grape (Vitis vinifera) Seed Extract, Silver (Nano-Particles), Olus Oil/Vegetable Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Stearamine, Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:07 pm

This was experimented with a few years back... apparently it was pretty powerful stuff and was causing gyno and loss of libido in ppl.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Incorrect.. it wasn't experimented with years back, BH. That wasn't Pueraria Mirifica... I've learned a TON about this stuff in the last couple of years, and here's the truth. A very tiny % of what is billed as "Pueraria Mirifica" on the market is actually PM. There are about 100 strains of Pueraria that grow in Thailand, and the only way to differentiate which strain is which is by the flowers that bud for literally ONE week per year. I learned about this from Dr. Sandy Schwartz, an American holistic doctor that moved to Thailand specifically to dedicate his life to this miracle herb. He had the locals tag the plants accordingly to the flower that blossomed from it (as only the natives knew which strains were which from hundreds if not thousands of years of proper usage), and it is exclusively his liquid Pueraria Mirifica extract that we utilize at his recommended 2% dosage in RejuvePlex. In fact, just PM alone has been shown to reverse grey hair and restore hair as well.

Taking it orally is perfectly safe, in the right dosage. If you want Dr. Sandy's stuff, get 112Degrees (http://www.112Degrees.com). Fantastic supplement, albeit expensive. If you e-mail them asking for a deal if you buy a half a year's supply, they're usually pretty cool. Sometime down the road when we can afford it, we'll create a "hormone balance" formula that will feature both his PM and Butea Superba.

To reiterate, when we thought we were experimenting with PM, it wasn't PM at all...

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  peatarian Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:34 pm

I personally wouldn't put any phytoestrogens or anything estrogen-related into my body. Topicals only work if they penetrate the skin, and that means they're going to your bloodstream, only WITHOUT passing through the digestive system. Some substance can actually have more potent absorption topically, if used in the right paces. (scalp, sublingual, underarm). Estrogen is not something that is beneficial to hair in anyway really...in fact the myth that it is the "female" hormone only came about because it is cheap to produce and pharmauetical maker could market it to "females". Ray peat, danny roddy, and their like will tell you it should be called the "stress" hormone more than anything. Progesterone, which has very different actions from estrogen, should be know as the female hormone. It antagonizes male hormones, but also has plenty of beneficial effects on the body if used in small doses, topically, for men. I'm sure the active ingredient in this plant is not the phyto-estrogens, but something else. Either way, I'd stay away from it.

peatarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down