Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein

5 posters

Go down

never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein Empty never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein

Post  sanderson Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 pm

i am procrastinating right now doing some HW and luckily for me my procrastination involves researching random health related topics. :p I just found this article on Mercola and I never knew about this before. I always used to eat sweet potatoes and protein together or other starchy veggies and protein together and always worse afterwards. The other day I went to the gym and only ate vegetables before I went, but found myself feeling really good. I wonder now if it was because I didn't eat protein with it.

I figured if I didn't know.. maybe others didn't.

The Three Commandments of Food Combination

Dr. Pickering lays out three basic commandments of eating that he recommends you not deviate from:

No proteins and starches at the same meal, as they neutralize each other and prevent proper digestion of either food. To ensure proper digestion of each food, wait two hours after eating a starch before eating protein. And wait three hours after eating protein before eating a starch.

No fruits and vegetables at the same meal. Fruits are either a single or double sugar, whereas the starches are a triple sugar. Fruits mechanically break down in your stomach, but chemically, they don’t break down until they reach the third and fourth stage of your digestive system, which are in your small intestine. Starches, again, are broken down in three different stages, starting in your mouth.

According to Dr. Pickering, this is also why it’s crucial to not eat dessert after a meal. When you do, it gets trapped in your stomach with all that other food, where it starts to rot as it’s not being chemically digested there. Therefore, eat fruit 30-60 minutes before dinner. The same applies if you want to eat another piece of fruit. Acidic fruits, such as lemons for example, also do not combine well with starches. Lemon and banana is but one example of a combination that is sure to lead to gastrointestinal upset...

Many people consider tomatoes a fruit, yet it’s commonly added to salad. Dr. Pickering classifies tomatoes as a “fruit-vegetable,” because even though they don’t have the sugar like most fruits, they’re still an acidic fruit-vegetable. As such they’re okay to combine with other vegetables. He suggests the following recipe for an excellent salad:

“Any kind of vegetable that has seed in it; for example summer squash, zucchini, eggplant, cucumbers, bell peppers, and okra—those are all fruit-vegetables. Your tomatoes go well with those. And since lettuce and celery have a neutral effect, as far as the breakdown of food, the celery and the lettuce combine very well with all of that. You can also add avocados.”

“Eat melon alone, or leave it alone, or your stomach will moan.” In short, melons do not digest well with other foods and will frequently cause problems unless consumed by itself.
You can check out the full article here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/27/food-combining.aspx?e_cid=20131027Z1_SNL_Art_1&utm_source=snl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20131027Z1
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein Empty Re: never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein

Post  catcat Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:05 pm

an old fad

catcat

Back to top Go down

never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein Empty Re: never knew this.. don't combine starch and protein

Post  isis Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:45 am

every food except white sugar contains protein and carbohydrates

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:28 am

I remember this stuff from my dark days of nutritional fad dieting. I do the exact opposite....at least with respect to the starches and proteins part. I always combine them. The reason is that there is more stable blood sugar. Having said that, there are different degrees in which one can handle levels of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

I think its a pretty good idea to combine all of the macronutrients in each meal, that is unless you are on a goal-specific diet like intermittent fasting or carb cycling. But if you are on just a healthy maintenance diet I think its best to get all of them with each meal, although not in equal proportions.

All of this "Don't eat that with that, and never that with that", just riding the BS bus.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:00 am

thanks guys for the comments. in the first few days of doing this, i felt pretty good. i agree with CS in that there are varying degrees in which we can handle it.. my body was in a weird state.. i def. could not do carbs and protein mixture.. based on what you guys have said.. i think this is good for someone who has serious digestive issues as a way to help if other options have been exhausted and unsuccessful...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down