Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
what should I do (pics)? EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
what should I do (pics)? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
what should I do (pics)? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
what should I do (pics)? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
what should I do (pics)? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
what should I do (pics)? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
what should I do (pics)? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
what should I do (pics)? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
what should I do (pics)? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

what should I do (pics)?

+5
lizgee1
Misirlou
Hairy Potter
AS54
gannex
9 posters

Go down

what should I do (pics)? Empty what should I do (pics)?

Post  gannex Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:56 pm

what should I do (pics)? Viewattachment
what should I do (pics)? Viewattachment
what should I do (pics)? Viewattachmentwhat should I do (pics)? Viewattachment

I posted on hairlosshelp.they were dicks and are very pro-drug use. I want some advice from you guys. Fuck propecia. Fuck minoxidil

What natural treatments could I try before i give up?

ultimately I want to get a HT from dr rahal during the christmas holidays, if I can

gannex

Back to top Go down

what should I do (pics)? Empty Re: what should I do (pics)?

Post  AS54 Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:55 pm

To get into all of the possible natural treatments in one post is next to impossible. There are several things to consider:

1) Everyone's situation is somewhat different. I believe the end-organ response is ultimately biochemically similar in all MPB situations, but the enzymatic/hormonal cascade that can get you there can be effected by many different aspects of one's overall metabolism, so there are different things going on in different people that can effect the process of MPB.

2) Finding out what your own situation "looks like" in that regard is a frustrating, arduous process. It requires a great deal of your own time and research into all of the possibilities and then establishing which ones are relevant to you. Then there's figuring out what needs to be done, and putting together a regimen.

3) If you plan on going natural, you'll undoubtedly put together a list of supplements which represent an ongoing financial commitment. Some get deeper into that side than others.

4) The natural route is a lifestyle commitment. You aren't going to pop the pills mentioned in (3) and see miracles. You will literally have to make significant and ongoing changes to the way you eat, sleep, exercise, not to mention the psychosocial factors.

5) You aren't likely going to see the kinds of changes you'd see with the drug paradigm. Drugs are powerful and the results are more immediate and more potent. The natural route isn't as immediately powerful or SPECIFIC (there isn't a natural compound avaialble OTC that has enzyme specificity like drugs do) you should know before beginning that any success you may (or may not) have will likely take much longer than the drug route.

6) Overall the natural route is safer, albeit the results aren't as reliable in the formal sense. The things you'll learn here will benefit you for the rest of your life in many, many ways. You'll increase longevity, and your "good" years. In almost any other area of health you could mention, this strategies will benefit you, irregardless of their effect on hair.

Overall, your success will depend in large part on your ability to commit time and energy to researching, your success in filtering out what is relevant to your particular situation, putting together a proper regimen, optimizing every relevant aspect of your lifestyle, and being able to commit long term financially and psychologically. And even then your success isn't a guarantee. But success on the drugs isn't a guarantee either, and you already know the risks associated with the drugs. So you've gotta weight it out, benefits vs costs.

The first thing I'd do if I was in your situation would be to go to the IH home site and read each article there. Go over the physiology pages. Get familiar with the top 6 and why they do what they do. Then you'll need to pour over the forum. There are many valuable pieces of information buried here, and part of the weight of this task is just taking the time to dive in. You'll want to look into topics like thyroid, the gut, mitochondria and oxidant stress, the inflammatory cascade, heavy metals, pathogens (yeast, bacteria including spirochetes). You'll find fairly quickly that there are posters here with a treasure trove of knowledge, and when you do go search their posts specifically. If you want to get started immediately, start with the top six while you are doing this initial research. You'll eventually be able to hone in on your specific needs and build a more customized regimen from there. If you have access to a primary care physician that you trust and who will listen, it would probably be majorly helpful to you to be able to get some bloodwork done during that phase which will help to put some of the pieces together for you, ruling certain things out, and pointing you in the right direction.

I think its good to have a heads up for what you are in for with the natural route. It has its benefits, no doubt, but its certainly not as simple as going to the doc and grabbing a scrip. So depending on what your immediate goals are its something to think about. Just don't want you abandoning something without knowing what you're bargaining for first. Good luck man, and if you stick around, the community here is pretty awesome and you'll have lots of support and people who are willing to answer questions whenever you wanna field em.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Forgot to mention that manual methods have become a pretty big focus of the community here. Something to check out because it may have some more immediate benefit for ya.

As far as the paradigms go here I'd say almost everything fits into these categories:
1) Manual Methods (including any bloodflow/galea therapy in here)
2) Supplements (with a focus on inflammation and oxidative stress)
3) Other Lifestyle Factors (Diet/Exercise)
4) Temperature Regulation (kind of the newer kid on the block)
5) Frequency (& Other) Therapies (look up the poster Rdkml)

Just giving you some beacons to kind of organize your search through the forum, or outline it if you will. Like anything, you'll probably get the most benefit from using each perspective.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Firstly - welcome, you'll probably find most people on here to be friendly and helpful. I reckon you'll get as many different opinions as there are people on this forum, so brace yourself :-)

Overall, I'd agree with AS54: look for the deeper cause, but not in a worried, all-consuming way. What I'd do in the mean time if I had your hair is get myself a violet ray. The manuals aren't fixing the root cause (and I'm saying that as a manuals guy myself), but they do produce results, and with your limited hairloss, you should see results within a year IMO.

I'd check out Slowmoe's regime - but for a quick answer I'd say get a good quality violet ray and check out the other manuals guys are doing.

All the best man!

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  gannex Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 am

I woudn't call this limited hair loss for 19

gannex

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:00 am

gannex wrote:I woudn't call this limited hair loss for 19
Oh right, you're 19 - I thought you were older. In fact your hair line reminds me almost exactly of the way mine used to look when I was your age.

I also started to notice considerable loss in my final year of school (18). Bro, the good thing is that you're getting onto it early - most people here are dealing with a lot worse. I'm pretty confident that it can be reversed, or at the very least, stopped.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:04 am

You are too young for a hair transplant IMHO.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  gannex Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:28 am

Well I just want enough hair to get through my 20s and get my life established. I'm not thaaat vain, I just want to be bald only by the time balding is normal...

I just want to experience a little bit of life without baldness.

Hairy Potter wrote:
Oh right, you're 19 - I thought you were older. In fact your hair line reminds me almost exactly of the way mine used to look when I was your age.

I also started to notice considerable loss in my final year of school (18). Bro, the good thing is that you're getting onto it early - most people here are dealing with a lot worse. I'm pretty confident that it can be reversed, or at the very least, stopped.
how bad did it get how fast?

gannex

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:04 am

gannex wrote:Well I just want enough hair to get through my 20s and get my life established. I'm not thaaat vain, I just want to be bald only by the time balding is normal...

I just want to experience a little bit of life without baldness.

Hairy Potter wrote:

how bad did it get how fast?
Your case will be different from mine, because you can change your situation early on - but for me it started with the receding hairline (as I mentioned), and around 21 / 22 I was already starting to lose hair in the crown area, I mean depending on what angle you looked at it it was noticeable.

Then it just got progressively worse year by year until by around 29 / 30 I had made the decision to cut my hair really short and I would have been what anyone would have classed as bald. This was at a time that there were so many misconceptions about what baldness is, so I tried a few different things that didn't really have much power to help me, not knowing any better.

Bear in mind that stress is massive with baldness and I was strung out about a multitude of stupid little things, not the least of which was hairloss, and I wasn't really doing much to combat it. Your situation is different.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  gannex Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 am

man I need to find a way to not get so stressed but im a college student taking hard classes :/

I also go treeplanting every summer (mostly so i can save up for HT) and I always find that while treeplanting, my hair feels awesome and I don't worry about it (I worry about it 100% of the time during the winter) because I'm always outdoors, get super good nutrition and lots of excersize and health and only wash it once every week or two, so aesthetically, my hair always looks better during the summer: it is thicker and nicer and isn't getting damaged by city air (living in the forest) and I find that all that sweat in your hair makes it look fuller (just like ocean water -- saltwater seems to give you volume and strength. But when I get home after the summer, I always find that (once mair hair returns to its normal city unhealthy look) I have lost a lot of hairline, but I just didn't notice it because it looked more healthy- especially on the sides.

The thing is with treeplanting, if you have long hair or bangs, you have to tie it with a bandana or wear a hate, because you need to protect yourself from the sun and keep your hair out of your face while you bend over to plant trees and run around and get super sweaty and, since I wear a hat/bandana for like 10 hours a day every day during work, I loose a lot of hair, especially on the sides (I wrap the bandana around my forehead, like one strip, so it mostly just covers my sides, right above my ears)

Do you guys think that working with a bandana could contribute to hairloss?

gannex

Back to top Go down

Post  lizgee1 Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:56 am

Would you consider a hair system? How are things going now?

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:21 am

You're very physically active, sweat a lot, and only wash your hair once every week or two? No doubt a build up of sebum which breeds inflammatory fungi has contributed very heavily to your hair loss. If I go even a day without washing my hair, then my scalp will inflame.

BTW when you wash your hair make sure you cleanse your scalp thoroughly, so that excess sebum is washed off. Most shampoos - after one wash - don't remove excess scalp sebum. You can feel this afterwards, as the scalp still feels a tad greasy. This, no doubt, causes further proliferation of fungi.

Also remember this: the sebaceous gland actually secretes sebum from inside the follicle. If too much of it builds up inside the follicle, then it will spread downwards into the hair producing cells of the papilla and so too will the fungi, which will lead to the matrix region suffering from inflammation.

Women generally don't have this problem as bad as men because male sex steroids cause the sebaceous glands to produce much more sebum.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:27 am

I'd agree that things covering the scalp for any period of time, combined with a lot of sweating/moisture, is a bad recipe. I experienced the fastest hair loss during the time that I wore hats constantly. There is definitely some common link to the bacterial/fungal populations that exist on the skin with balding. Sunlight and oxygen are important for controlling these things. Wearing a hat all day with the sebum buildup and lack of sunlight is like an incubator for bacterial/yeast overgrowth. It isn't clear to me whether these organisms are a cause of hairloss, or just participants that contribute to the underlying problem, but either way it isn't something we need haha.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  lizgee1 Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Haha that is true, but I suppose it all depends on the materials used in the hair piece.

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:38 pm

imo, yeasts like malezzia furfur cause seborraic dermitits, which imo exists adjacent to mpb, that is 2 separate causes of hairloss, that exist concurrently but share common symptoms. so even if u treat the seborraic dermititis, by not wearing dirty hats, or finding a successful anti fungal routine youll still be left with miniturizing hair.

that said, when it all started for me at around 17, and by 19 i looked exactly like this OP, except my temples were getting eaten into alot quicker. I know this. my seborraic dermititis which was diagnosed eventually and treated, always was 1 cm behind the receding hairline. forcing me to scratch, and make it recede even more. so i definately think its related, and speeds up the recession. but cure it, and youll still have mpb, maybe just not as fierce. Im left wondering how the recession would have been if i treated it earlier. i suspect, it would have been not as fast. also when the scabs came off, they always had hair in them. they probably grew back and continued to miniturize, but im sure it didnt help.

by the way, selsun gold (selenium sulphide has worked the best for me to kill fungal infection and keep it away. yes its a chemical, which i try to avoid, but i cant deny how effective it was. i highly reccomend it, its better than keto, and coal tar.

keto fryed my hair and scalp, and coal tar, stopped the dermititis but didnt keep it away for long.

btw u should cut ur hair short. youll find the recession wont be as noticeable. in fact i think it will look quite good. go for a short ceasar. not gelled and spiked.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  BrodjeQuestion Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Frankly, your hair doesn't look that much different from mine. It looks like a similar texture at first glance. I wonder did your hair change in texture over the years? Mine for instance was more curly, before it became as it is now (more fine imo and greasy). Though I would certainly lose all the headgear, especially if you're prone to heat. Like Xenon said I'd skip them it only makes sense that your scalp can't cool properly if you continue wearing them. I know alot of people who have little hair loss who can successfully wear anything but that doesn't apply to many here. If you're outdoors often and exercising so much you should watch your food in take. You might be eating to little, I think this is also one of the biggest contributors. Prolonged under nutrition, which will whack your adrenals.

BrodjeQuestion

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:36 am

Heya dude Smile

Hope my advice from before helps anyway, and good luck with everything!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lizgee1 Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:05 am

Thanks for that advice :-)

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down