Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal?

+6
stresssucks
ferox
Nanas
SlowMoe
Complexx
Growdamnit
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal?

Post  ferox Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:45 am

Growdamnit wrote:I feel as if my temples are receding but there is vellus hair that is getting longer and covers my temples. I am very unsure if these are regrowing hairs or miniaturizing hairs.

Slowmoe, I started a super strict no sugar, no gluten, no dairy diet about 3 1/2 months ago. Other than that, nothing.

I might be stressing about hair loss a little too much.

Don't worry about shedding, it is totally normal... and try to relax, go out, make some party, pick up some chicks, drink some alcohol! I'm not joking, this will help your mind and hair.

For regrowth: try to brush as hard as you can to cause little wounds (scratches), this will speed up your regrowth!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to turn vellus hairs terminal?

Post  stresssucks Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:01 am

shedding is normal?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:17 am

Nanas wrote:i stick my head into a bucket filled with water and ice , while im hanging upside down on a pull bar (with inversion boots).
its a little bit harsh but stimulates the scalp intensly.

Another nice thing is listening to frequencies for growth hormone stimulation , u can actaully feel the scalp pump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NMbV2QlIz4

does this work? What growth hormones does this beat release? I guess its worth a try huh?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:13 am

SlowMoe wrote:
Nanas wrote:its awesome, try it. you will feel so good after those 10 minutes.
Since cold water closes blood vessels i wonder if this would be counterproductive, since the point of inversion is to get as much blood to the hair as possible.... Sounds like it would be better to do a cold water dunk after the inversion IMO....?
I believe cold narrows the larger veins while opening the capillaries for increased micro circulation, which is what you want when it comes to hair and skin.Dont freeze your head, but definitely expose it to cold temperature often like what would have been experienced by pre modern man who had no indoors or water heating. The main effect here we are looking for is calming micro inflammation through lower temp plus increased oxygenation, while stimulation of BAT due to the cold exposure... Nanas method sounds effective, but no need to over do it in coldness of water used.

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 pm

How long would it take for the hairs to turn terminal? I just want to know if what I'm doing is working or not.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 am

stresssucks wrote:shedding is normal?
No, shedding is not normal.

it is almost always an inflammatory response...
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 am

Complexx wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:I have been balding at my temples since I was about 18, I'm 23 currently. I don't have the money for this violet ray and I don't think it could be healthy.
Okay I see... Well good luck on all of that bro. Those hairs will eventually become terminal (mine are starting to now) they took a little while though. Just be patient. Oh, & I forgot to mention "inversion therapy" I heard it was pretty effective.
Inversion therapy can be very effective. Especially, if you carry your own body weight whole doing it... e.g. handstand pushups

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:30 am

I'd say shedding a few hairs every day is very normal. If you are shedding a shit ton, maybe not. You are constantly turning hair over. There are multiple thousands on your head. Shedding 50 or so hairs a day is totally normal. Even more depending on the individual and how fast their growth rate is. Its fine because in a perfect world there are new hairs there to replace them. When you begin to notice a problem is when that replacement is nowhere to be found. I wouldn't be worried about measuring the number of hairs you are shedding so much as I'd be worried about tracking the growth that is there. Most of the time you aren't going to be able to pinpoint where a particular hair fell from on the scalp anyway, so don't let it cause you unecessary stress unless you are getting unreasonable amounts of hair fall. If you get out of the shower and there are one hundred hairs on the shower floor, yeah something more pathological is happening. If not, just track the density of the hair on your head and forget the fly-aways. But I get better than anyone that when your worry is losing your hair how seeing the shed ones can be stressful, to say the least.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2