Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
vellus hairs EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
vellus hairs EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
vellus hairs EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
vellus hairs EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
vellus hairs EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
vellus hairs EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
vellus hairs EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
vellus hairs EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
vellus hairs EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

vellus hairs

5 posters

Go down

vellus hairs Empty vellus hairs

Post  thelibrarian Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:16 am

I finally have got my laser helmet running effectively. The research seems pretty convincing that lasers will regrow hair that is miniturized ( thnks JDP , OMG and all!), so --

What have people found effective in growing vellus hairs?! If I cangrow some of those I trust the lasers will do the rest!
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

vellus hairs Empty vellus hairs

Post  Crusher Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:46 am

thelibrarian,

in my opinion it is the hardest job to turn vellus hair into terminal hair.

Hope your laser helmet is able to manage this job.
Good luck.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

vellus hairs Empty I don't think the research is all that clear...

Post  Jocko59 Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 am

That a laser helmet can regrow hair that is minaturized. It's definately not convincing. Good luck though.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

vellus hairs Empty Re: vellus hairs

Post  baroudeur Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:46 am

maybe you can add some topical?

baroudeur

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Thanks thelibrarian. I appreciate it.

FWIW, I do believe that instead of using LLLT 20 minutes (i.e. 4- 6 joules) x 3 per week like the LLLT studies, I believe that treating more often but with maybe less joules would give faster and maybe better results. There are just a couple people that have tried it, but right now I'd say 15 minutes x 4 times a week IMO/IME would give better/faster results when treating MPB. You're still treating the same 60 minutes total for the week but it would be less of a seesaw affect and as hapyman has mentioned before it may make your hair feel more stable.

Here is an interesting study

"RESULTS: Rapid increases in the level of adenosine, GH, and FGF occurred. The F/C ratio and capillary diameter peaked at 12-16 h; their levels declined gradually, reaching normal values 72 h after irradiation in the treated group. Numerous collateral blood vessels proliferated the area, with marked increases in the diameters of the original blood vessels. CONCLUSIONS: The results indicated that LLLT accelerated collateral circulation and enhanced microcirculation and seemed to be unique in the normalization of the functional features of the injured area, which could lead to occlusion of the regional blood vessels."

Also, as far as washing your hair before treatment, I'd recommend french green montmorillonite clay or bentonite clay that way you don't have to experiment with a bunch of shampoos to see which works best. I've personally been using this one occasionally for the past 6 months or so and I'd say it appears to be the most foolproof /idiot proof way to clean your hair before your LLLT session. http://www.naturepurity.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?ref=cpa102&from=detox

To use all you do is add clay to a little bit of water. Stir with a plastic spoon (not metal) so it's the consistency of mud. Rub into your scalp and hair briefly and let dry for about 20 - 50 minutes. Then wash off in the shower and then use your laser helmet when your hair is mostly dry.

Of course you don't have to buy clay if you have a good shampoo but I'd recommend it anyway as an idiot proof way of knowing your scalp is clean.

As far as finding somehing "effective in growing vellus hairs." Personally, for supplements, I'd recommend something in the DKK-1 thread to combat Lp (a) maybe D3 too. I'm not sure how effective it is for other people yet, but I've had a little success with regrowth here.

Here is a quote from CausticSymmetry

"There are lots of questions on what is the exact cause and so far it is not fully understood. We know for instance that DHT signals DKK-1, a highly negative gene that is upregulated in balding dermal papilla. It's also implicated in reducing the activity of osteoblasts which are responsible for building bone. DKK-1 inhibits Wnt signaling which is essential for hair growth. It is possible that this can be counteracted by controlling levels of lipoprotein(a) or possibly by decreasing the upstream JNK/c-Jun signaling, which involves optimizing vitamin D levels (70 to 80 ng/mL)."

Probably, the cheapest way to combat Lp (a) would be Ubiquinol. Just one pill per day of this would be $7.50 per month http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Ubiquinol-50-mg-60-Softgels/8211?at=0 I use this brand. swansonsvitamins.com has their own brand of Ubiquinol for a couple dollars cheaper.

I also use many many other things for Lp (a). Lysine is also a very interesting one internally, as well as topically. Not sure if it'll regrow hair topically though.

As for a topical, you can try grapefruit seed extract with vinegar rubbed into the slick bald areas, left on for a bit and then washed off. Lugol's 2% iodine would also be interesting applied once per week on the slick bald areas as well.

Personally, wounding, while it does give regrowth, it's not a viable way of regrowing hair, IME.

hope this helps and good luck
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down