Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Evidence for effectiveness of MSM

+17
symbiotic
Amaranthaceae
researchingeverything
helpmyhair1
NDW
JDawg
Balthier
RisingFist
Mastery
turbojet
dreft
Hairy Potter
CausticSymmetry
Misirlou
CF
The Liberator
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 Empty Re: Evidence for effectiveness of MSM

Post  researchingeverything Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:40 am

Mastery wrote:
Organic MSM is available in BC in powdered form.

Just google it.

Alternatively walk the ocean beach, with crashing waves.

M

what benefits has the ocean beach and the crashing waves?

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Evidence for effectiveness of MSM - Page 2 Empty Re: Evidence for effectiveness of MSM

Post  CF Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:45 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:
CF wrote:
helpmyhair1 wrote:CS,

would order MSM from iHerb, but I always get hit with the customs charges since I'm in Canada.

Would this stuff work? https://well.ca/products/st-francis-herb-farm-msm-powder_83904.html

It doesn't say anything about being organic though. Thanks.

All MSM is organic sulphur.

Well.ca is a good site (the free shipping with just spending $25 is great for Canada) but the supplements are expensive compared to the U.S.  If you were ever planning on ordering a lot of supplements I'd recommend Swanson's, the shipping is $10-15 dollars depending on the size of your order, but there are no surprises at the door.  They calculate the Canadian taxes so there is no customs and the delivery person just leaves the package at your door.  There are no brokerage fees or other stuff like that.

Swanson's has a deal on right now until tomorrow at midnight (CST), use the code NEWYEAR14 for 10% off products sitewide and another 5% on Swanson brand products.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the same brand CS uses from Swanson!

You're welcome.  Smile 

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:54 am

what benefits has the ocean beach and the crashing waves?
Not sure exactly what mastery is talking about, but one theory claims electron orgy, meaning your body is bukaked by mother earth with free radical scavengers (electrons) when walking barefoot or being in water.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:15 am

Sulphur is very important for the body, due to poor diets being widespread countless people develop sulphur deficiency - in return developing a plethora of lifestyle diseases. These folks will experience many positive effects from supplementing MSM. A much better choice is of course to eat onions, leeks and broccoli just to mention a few, there are a huge range of sulphur based vegetables.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:49 am

Amaranthaceae wrote:there are a huge range of sulphur based vegetables.
Quite a few veggies on the market today seems to be truly organic nor as nutrient dense as could be, so supplementing with MSM is most likely a viable option for most people.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  symbiotic Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:16 am

Cs, how come you recommend MRM MSM crystals? They don't seem to have a patented form of MSM that would guarantee certain purity and potency, or even origin. Why choose them over OptiMSM, since the price is about the same? Am i missing something?

Also, i notice that iHerb is a lot more expensive than Swasnon. For example the two things i ordered from your list are Ecklonia Cava - costs a whooping $8 more, and Toco-sorb - costs almost $3 more. Not to mention Swanson has 10% (and was 13% a few months back) off almost every month. Perhaps affiliating with them would be a good move? The only thing they don't have and that you use seem to be Thorne research vitamin B, thou i haven't checked the whole list extensiveness.

Cheers.

symbiotic

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:03 pm

symbiotic - Most companies that work with MSM pass through flow agents (including OptiMSM). Even if there is no encapsulation or tabulation happening, it is often contaminated nonetheless. Sulfur is highly sensitive to any adulteration.
Perhaps in a similar way that making the "blue" stuff in "Breaking Bad" was easily made impure by contamination.

The only downside to MRM cystals is that I have to buy several tubs of it at a time. However, they offer additional discounts on purchasing 4 or more. MRM makes the best stuff, anything that comes close seems to cost 10 times the price.

Swanson's has slow shipping times and some of their products confuse consumers by using ultra cheap, low dose formulas (there are exceptions). Also, the international distribution is much better on iherb, it's faster and better prices. From an affiliate standpoint, Swanson's pays higher amounts, yet is a one shot deal. In short, they are unfair...I tried it once and got burned heavily.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 pm

On your IH regimen page it says you use one spoon instead of scoop does that also equals 1 gram?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  symbiotic Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:43 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:symbiotic - Most companies that work with MSM  pass through flow agents (including OptiMSM). Even if there is no encapsulation or tabulation happening, it is often contaminated nonetheless. Sulfur is highly sensitive to any adulteration.
Perhaps in a similar way that making the "blue" stuff in "Breaking Bad" was easily made impure by contamination.  

The only downside to MRM cystals is that I have to buy several tubs of it at a time. However, they offer additional discounts on purchasing 4 or more. MRM makes the best stuff, anything that comes close seems to cost 10 times the price.

I didn't know even bulk powder form could have flow agents in them. The one i use (OptiMSM form Dr. Best) clumps together pretty well. I will order MRM brand next time to see if i can feel difference.

Biffy - it says one teaspoon on IH's reg page. That is a 5 ml scoop by European standards, which translates to about 5 grams (5000 Mg) of MSM. No idea how much your scoop holds, but it probably says on the box under serving instructions.

symbiotic

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 pm

symbiotic wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:symbiotic - Most companies that work with MSM  pass through flow agents (including OptiMSM). Even if there is no encapsulation or tabulation happening, it is often contaminated nonetheless. Sulfur is highly sensitive to any adulteration.

I didn't know even bulk powder form could have flow agents in them. The one i use (OptiMSM form Dr. Best) clumps together pretty well. I will order MRM brand next time to see if i can feel difference.

Biffy - it says one teaspoon on IH's reg page. That is a 5 ml scoop by European standards, which translates to about 5 grams (5000 Mg) of MSM. No idea how much your scoop holds, but it probably says on the box under serving instructions.

Any recommendations for how much I should start off with and how I should work my way up?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Fri May 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Complexx wrote:
symbiotic wrote:

Any recommendations for how much I should start off with and how I should work my way up?

This is how I did it: started with 1 tsp (±5 grams) a day and stay at that dose for a week. Up it to 1.5 tsp the second week. On the third week, take 2 tsp a day, one in the morning, one in the evening.

Keep working it like that - if/when you experience healing responses like mild headache, funny taste in the mouth, stiff / sore neck, sneezing, the trots, it's a good sign, just stay at that dose and it will pass in a day or two.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Hairy Potter wrote:
Complexx wrote:
symbiotic wrote:

This is how I did it: started with 1 tsp (±5 grams) a day and stay at that dose for a week. Up it to 1.5 tsp the second week. On the third week, take 2 tsp a day, one in the morning, one in the evening.

Keep working it like that - if/when you experience healing responses like mild headache, funny taste in the mouth, stiff / sore neck, sneezing, the trots, it's a good sign, just stay at that dose and it will pass in a day or two.

Thanks HP! Do these dosages apply with MSM crystals though? I purchased the product that is on CS's regimen page.

Thanks again!
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Fri May 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Complexx wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:
Complexx wrote:
symbiotic wrote:

Thanks HP! Do these dosages apply with MSM crystals though? I purchased the product that is on CS's regimen page.

Thanks again!

Cool Complexx - I would say that it's the same (I use the powder, but maybe we're just calling the same thing by different names?). But if you have any doubt rather start smaller and work your way up gradually, there's no rush :-)

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue May 06, 2014 1:47 am

I have given up on MSM. Been taking it for 3 years, sometimes with vitamin c to make sure it works, and I still am not sure it has ever done anything for me.

Then I read I had a molybdenum deficiency which meant it didn't work, but who knows ? I can't be bothered with it anymore.

However, with my remaining tub, I will try using it externally mixed with aloe liquid, dmso, magnesium oil, liquid zinc and liquid b vitamins.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:47 am

bump. bounce

anyone grew hair or slowed the loss with internal MSM ?

thanks
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2