Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments

2 posters

Go down

Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments Empty Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments

Post  magic_gro Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Emu Oil:

-1- when applied on a clean scalp it would thin my blood and cause higher heart rate and lower blood pressure
-2- when applied after minoxidil, it would send minoxidil systemically, by delivering it into the blood stream, causing very low blood pressure (30 mm less for both readings) and very high heart rate (above 120/min)

Of course it could always be that -1- is just a minor form of -2-: that is, it draws into the blood stream the minox that was absorbed the day before, and that the shampoo couldn't suck back out of my skin.

On a positive note, just 3-4 days of emu oil caused my temples to grow vellus hair. They had been smooth like crazy for 10 years now. Weird enough, my widow peak has thinned recently and didn't grow any vellus hair like the neighboring temples did. That gives me the impression that when treatments don't seem to work it is because they only work once it's been a while since hair was lost, and not on the follicles that have just ended their cycle and need to rest for some time before they can be stimulated.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments Empty Re: Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments

Post  bayman Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:26 am

Interesting. I used to use a 15% minoxidil with emu oil product called Lipogaine a couple years ago when I didn't know any better and the spots where I applied the topical seemed to have caused the follicles to go permanently dormant after systemic absorption and discontinue of use.

bayman

Back to top Go down

Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments Empty Re: Dangers of Emu + Minox; and weird observation on effectiveness of treatments

Post  magic_gro Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 pm

I thought Lipogaine had 5% minox in lipospheres... If it were 15%, the FDA would have shut them down. Tonight I'm gonna check if it has Emu Oil in it. I have been using it in the mornings sometimes.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  bayman Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:03 pm

magic_gro wrote:I thought Lipogaine had 5% minox in lipospheres... If it were 15%, the FDA would have shut them down. Tonight I'm gonna check if it has Emu Oil in it. I have been using it in the mornings sometimes.

Lipogaine was 15% before the FDA ban when I first started exploring minoxidil and it is now 5%. Just my luck.

bayman

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:42 pm

my lipogaine 5% doesn't have emu oil...

do you think they could still make 15% if you place your order with a prescription?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  bayman Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:05 am

Look at their website with the listed ingredients. It says emu oil. The only difference between the old and new bottle is before it was 15% minoxidil with azeliac acid and now it's 5% minoxidil without azeliac acid. Don't think they make 15% anymore due to the ban.

http://www.lipogaine.com/ingredients/

bayman

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 am

That's a kitchen sink page with all the ingredients from across all of their products. If you go on each product's page you will see that Emu Oil is present only in their shampoo. And probably for the very same reason why I am warning against the concomitant use of Emu Oil and Minoxidil.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down