Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching

+4
Mastery
Duketronix
dudebro
masterfree
8 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching Empty Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching

Post  masterfree Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Can someone explain why my eyes twitch everytime I start minoxidil and/or if I apply twice a day instead of once a day.

Interestingly eating potassium rich foods such as bananas cause the same eye twitching for me, especially bananas. I have tested this and it is not a coincidence.

I know Minoxidil works through potassium channels but I have no idea what it actually means and how this process affects potassium levels.

Could all of this be related somehow?

Thanks

masterfree

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching Empty Re: Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching

Post  masterfree Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 am

anyone, CS?

bump.

masterfree

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching Empty Re: Potassium levels , Minoxidil, Bananas and eye twitching

Post  dudebro Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:34 am

Youre probably over thinking it... Just a coincidence, I use rogaine; and experience eye twitching when my sleep patterns change. For instance I am currently using rogaine, but I have no eye twitch.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:28 am

FWIW I used to get a lot of eye twitching when I was on Minox. I eat a fair bit of bananas now but don't get any twitch though....
I never thought about it being the minox but I certainly have not experienced it in years now and it used to be a daily occurrence

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Mg deficiency

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:26 am

Mastery wrote:Mg deficiency

M
If you are eating food it's highly unlikely that anyone has a Mg deficiency.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:22 am

ngb wrote:

M
No one replaces minerals in our soils...it's been overrun with industrial fertilizers since the late 40's.
Up 70% of people are Mg deficient. Not even organic will resolve the problem...Our soils are ruined.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:51 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
ngb wrote:

M
No one replaces minerals in our soils...it's been overrun with industrial fertilizers since the late 40's.
Up 70% of people are Mg deficient. Not even organic will resolve the problem...Our soils are ruined.

I've added up the Mg that is supposedly in my meals and it's way more than RDA. One cup of almonds has 100% RDA of Mg and less than half of your daily calories. In other words they have twice as much Mg as you need. Many foods are like this and if you eat a reasonable diet you are getting plenty of Mg. If Mg deficiency causes an eye twitch and 70% of people are Mg deficient then 70% of people would have eye twitches in BOTH eyes. It's not like 30% of people are supplementing Mg, it's closer to 0% so they are getting adequate Mg somehow. I'll buy the idea that you can be deficient in other trace minerals but not Mg.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 am

247 mg is estimated in a cup of almonds. A lot of people do not eat so many nuts.

I should mentioned that Mg and the twitching are probably not related. Whatever it is,
I'm sure it has some mechanism related to blepharospasm induced by Minoxidil. Maybe boosting potassium channels in this way is causing a problem.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:07 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
ngb wrote:

M

As usual CS is 100% right, absolutely. And let's not even talk about pesticides....

Just buy some Mg Citrate like CALM, or Mg Ascorbate by NOW, or the Mg CS recommends that crosses the blood brain barrier easily...
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Please define "deficient". How many mg's is deficient? I guarantee you that if any of you add up the Mg in your food you are getting more than RDA if you are eating reasonably. What are they symptoms of Mg deficiency? How do you test for it?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Mastery wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:
ngb wrote:

M

As usual CS is 100% right, absolutely. And let's not even talk about pesticides....

Just buy some Mg Citrate like CALM, or Mg Ascorbate by NOW, or the Mg CS recommends that crosses the blood brain barrier easily...
He just said that the twitch has nothing to do with Mg so why are you telling him to supplement it?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:24 am

could be caffeine related. Do you drink a lot of coffee?

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  masterfree Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am

JDawg wrote:could be caffeine related. Do you drink a lot of coffee?
no, and I do not think it has anything to do with caffeine.

Minox causes eye twitches for me , period. I have gone on and off over the years and EVERYTIME I started Minox I experienced this. It is not coincidence. If I dilute the minox to about 1% or less and if I use once per day I do not get it. Otherwise it is very annoying to have your eye twitch all day long.

Can someone explain why minox is causing this. and the relation to the suggested Mg deficiency.

masterfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Most people are Mg deficient. The RDA is nonsense.

If you have depression or toxicity, Mg needs are way higher.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I believe him that its the minox. but i have no idea why.

ive heard from many people that minox effects there eyes, usually some sort of reaction makes big bags under the eyes, and dark circles. If it can do this, im sure it can cause eye twitching.

dont think it has anything to do with Mg
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Mastery wrote:Most people are Mg deficient. The RDA is nonsense.

If you have depression or toxicity, Mg needs are way higher.

M
So how many Mg should you get per day? You can't just throw out a statement that RDA is "nonsense" and not back it up. For certain nutrients it probably is but the government also says that most people don't get RDA of all essential nutrients so it would be a good start to get everyone to that point. Mg is necessary for a plant to grow so if there wasn't enough Mg in the soil the plant wouldn't exist. Anyone who eats reasonably gets plenty of Mg. If you think I'm wrong then back it up. Lay out your diet, add up the Mg and then prove to me that there isn't enough Mg and you need to supplement.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down