Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS)

3 posters

Go down

minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) Empty minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS)

Post  mphatesmpb Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 pm

From the physiology section on this website:

Human hair follicles contain ATP-sensitive potassium channels, which increase hair growth through the dermal papilla. This is believed to be part of the mechanism of how the drug, minoxidil works, yet increasing the uptake of Potassium is a healthier way to accomplish this.

Some foods are loaded with potassium, such as Pomegranate juice, low-sodium V8 Juice and many dark green vegetables.

CS, can you clarify for me how raising potassium levels (through diet) would induce the same effects as minoxidil?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) Empty Re: minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS)

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:48 am

mphatesmpb - It won't. Minoxidil is a poison.

However, insuring that one is not over producing aldosterone using proper balance of minerals (magnesium, potassium and proper blood sugar regulation) will allow for a similar, desired effect.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS) Empty Re: minoxidil and potassium levels (question for CS)

Post  fender89 Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Hey CS. I take 15 % minox with azealic acid 1 ml per night. Have been using it for a few months. Have zero side effects, no shed, no puffy face etc. Also out of the 1ml i use, some of it probs gets in my hair so i doubt it's even all fully absorbing. Is it only poison for those who are susceptible to the side effects? Or is it doing some damage to me regardless if i'm apparently tolerating it and not noticing anything? The reason i use such a high percentage is because i use no DHT blocker as those are the real poison IMO. I also use a few other natural things. If i ever get lucky and my hair mantains or gets better, i will definitly reduce the percentage of minox to be on the safe side!

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down