Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk

+4
theseeker86
Hoppipolla
abc123
mphatesmpb
8 posters

Go down

Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk Empty Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:26 am

Chlorella (Chlorella pyrenoidosa) supplementation decreases dioxin and increases immunoglobulin a concentrations in breast milk.
Nakano S, Takekoshi H, Nakano M.
Source

Saiseikai Nara Hospital, Nara, Japan.
Abstract

In addition to meeting nutritional requirements, breast milk plays important roles in biodefense for nursing infants. Dioxins have been detected at high concentrations in breast milk, raising concerns about disorders in nursing infants caused by breast milk containing dioxins in Japan. We analyzed dioxin levels in breast milk and maternal blood samples from 35 pregnant women in Japan. We also measured immunoglobulin (Ig) A concentrations in breast milk and investigated correlations with dioxin concentrations. In addition, 18 of the 35 women took Chlorella pyrenoidosa (Chlorella) supplements during pregnancy, and the effects on dioxin and IgA concentrations in breast milk were investigated. Toxic equivalents were significantly lower in the breast milk of women taking Chlorella tablets than in the Control group (P = .003). These results suggest that Chlorella supplementation by the mother may reduce transfer of dioxins to the child through breast milk. No significant correlation was identified between dioxin and IgA concentrations in breast milk in the Control group. It is unlikely that normal levels of dioxin exposure via food have a remarkable influence on IgA in breast milk. IgA concentrations in breast milk in the Chlorella group were significantly higher than in the Control group (P = .03). Increasing IgA levels in breast milk is considered to be effective for reducing the risk of infection in nursing infants. The present results suggest that Chlorella supplementation not only reduces dioxin levels in breast milk, but may also have beneficial effects on nursing infants by increasing IgA levels in breast milk.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk Empty Re: Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk

Post  abc123 Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:40 am

We investigated the effects of Chlorella on fecal excretion of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxin (PCDD) congeners and polychlorinated dibenzofuran (PCDF) congeners in Wistar rats administered the rice oil that caused Yusho disease, as a substitute for purified dioxin. The rats were fed 4 g of a control diet or a 10% Chlorella diet containing 0.2 mL of the rice oil once during the 5-d experimental period. The amounts of PCDD and PCDF congeners excreted in feces from d 1 to 5 in the group fed 10% Chlorella were 0.2-11.3 and 0.3-12.8 times greater (P < 0.05), respectively, than those of the control group. We then investigated the fecal excretion of PCDD and PCDF congeners from d 8 to 35 in rats administered 0.5 mL of the rice oil. Rats consumed the basal diet for 1 wk. After 1 wk, they consumed either the basal diet or the 10% Chorella diet. The fecal excretions of PCDD and PCDF congeners in the group fed 10% Chlorella were 0.3-3.4 and 0.5-2.5 times greater (most, P < 0.05), respectively, than those of the control group. Thus, the fecal excretions of PCDD and PCDF congeners were greater in rats fed Chlorella. These findings suggest that the administration of Chlorella may be useful in preventing gastrointestinal absorption and for promoting the excretion of dioxin already absorbed into tissues. Moreover, these findings suggest that Chlorella might be useful in the treatment of humans exposed to dioxin.

It's on my list of,"If I had $5000/year to spend on supplements I'd buy it".

abc123

Back to top Go down

Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk Empty Re: Chlorella Supplementation Decreases Dioxin Levels and Increases IgA Levels in Breast Milk

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 am

Chlorella is dirt cheap, though.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

Supplementary chlorella increases serum levels of AWESOME! Very Happy
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am

mphatesmpb wrote:Chlorella is dirt cheap, though.

I must be buying it from the wrong place then. How much do you take and what is the serve per day?

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:09 pm

I take chlorella from NOW foods. I just looked at the prices again, and found out that it's not as cheap as i thought:

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Chlorella-Powder-4-Ounce/dp/B0014M3G4A

But it's not prohibitively expensive either.

If you're consuming large amounts of animal products, then you're probably getting a steady dosage of dioxins. I believe beef is the biggest source of dioxins in the American diet. Considering the fact that this stuff bioaccumulates in your adipose tissue, and the correlation between its bioaccumulation and insulin resistance...adding chlorella might be a good decision.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:53 pm

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Certified-Organic-Chlorella-100-Pure-Powder-1-lb-454-g/514?at=hil335

I was thinking of ordering that one a while ago but the price when combined with shipping slightly put me off.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Yah chlorella is expensive usually but IMO incredible. Nutrient dense (including powerful complete protein), cleansing, good fatty acids, b12 I think as well... it's wicked stuff Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:51 am

No risk for iron overload?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 am

I imagine that excessive iron absorption is always a risk. One option would be to avoid having iron-rich foods with anything that contains large amounts of vitamin C. Phytic acid can bind to iron (and many other metals/minerals) and prevent intestinal absorption.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

The thing to remember about detoxification studies is that the control animals are on a standard lab diet. This is not always comparable to a standard human diet.

So, for example: humans eat spinach, especially us IH'ers. if the chlorella fed animals were compared to spinach fed animals, the difference might not be as impressive.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Yeah, that's why epidemiological studies shouldn't readily be dismissed as being unscientific. Often times in vitro and rat studies are physiologically irrelevant because they are so far removed from what would actually occur in people.

Where have you been crincrin?

Last edited by mphatesmpb on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:38 pm

crincrin wrote:The thing to remember about detoxification studies is that the control animals are on a standard lab diet. This is not always comparable to a standard human diet.

So, for example: humans eat spinach, especially us IH'ers. if the chlorella fed animals were compared to spinach fed animals, the difference might not be as impressive.

Good point, a reason people manage to justify crack-pot theories through rat studies.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Just finished an exam period at school, I should be back to posting once in a while soon. Anything new going on?

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:00 pm

I have Sun Chlorella and have been taking it for the last couple weeks and noticed spiked level of stress(like with Panax Ginseng) and an increase in hairloss. I have been taking it to work on removing herbicides, pesticides and other stuff. I was hoping I might make it a daily staple to work on those issues, but I don't think I can. If anyone knows of other herbs, superfoods, etc to remove herbicide, pesticide etc, shoot it my way. I'm pretty sure that those things contributed to the neuropathy. That being said I just started Red Algae and it is working great(no negative impact on hair/stress) and also has a high vitamin/mineral content. It just hasn't really been studied for detoxification though from what I've seen online. I would take Spirulina but the high GLA content burns me out.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  steve215 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 am

Probably most chlorella is coming from Japan's sea area...Should there be a concern that it is tainted with radiation? Anyone know?

steve215

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down