Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
SHBG-Prolactine EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
SHBG-Prolactine EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
SHBG-Prolactine EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
SHBG-Prolactine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
SHBG-Prolactine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
SHBG-Prolactine EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
SHBG-Prolactine EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
SHBG-Prolactine EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
SHBG-Prolactine EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

SHBG-Prolactine

4 posters

Go down

SHBG-Prolactine Empty SHBG-Prolactine

Post  baldoner Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:50 am

Can shbg be normal and prolactine be imbalanced?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

SHBG-Prolactine Empty Re: SHBG-Prolactine

Post  AS54 Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:39 am

Yes, they can be two separate issues. SHBG production has a good deal to do with levels of T3 hormone and liver function. But its multi-factorial. Even after getting my thyroid levels in check, my SHBG is still low. It is a big problem for hair loss.

Prolactin levels are a function of the pituitary. When they are off, at least in males, its a sign of a pituitary problem.

Of course they can be related. Androgen and estrogen levels or imbalances will have a big impact on HPG and HPA axis. Estrogen can alter levels of both SHBG and prolactin.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

SHBG-Prolactine Empty hormones

Post  baldoner Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks for your answer.I have dramatic hairloss lately and I wanna check hormones which are related to hairloss.
I checked SHBG which is normal.
What do you suggest me to check next?
I cant check them all together since they are too expensive.

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 am

Prolactin is certainly worth getting checked. It can indicate other problems if it is out of range as well. To save yourself money, you will want to get a few others tested, but you can do certain ones initially, which if out of range will indicate potential problems with the others, which then you can subsequently check afterward.

So if it were me I would have these checked:

T3 and T4
Testosterone (Free and Total)
Estradiol (or Total Estrogen)
Prolactin

If testosterone comes in under normal, it will require you to get your LH and FSH tested to begin to establish a cause. If the estrogen comes in out of whack, well that will depend on by how off it is. The thyroid hormones are extremely important, I would make sure you have adequate T4 and T3. I believe the estrogen test can be expensive (I'm not positive on that), so if it is, you could potentially leave this test out. However, if testosterone is off at all, knowing where estrogen is at can help paint a better picture of what's happening.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:06 am

Thanks for aswers.I checked Total testerone since it was free.
3.51(2.8-8.0)
Tommorow i will check prolactin-dht(since i started propecia i want to check over time this hormone)-and I am between LH and  FSH.Can LH be normal and FSH imbalance?or vice versa
Should i check both of them as I have low total testo?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:44 am

Yes, I would test both LH and FSH. They tend to correlate, but you never know. These should be about mid-range I'd expect, if they are off go talk to your GP or an endo. Are you getting these labs on your own or through your doctor?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:42 am

By my own and unfortonately they are too expensive!What is your opinion about ACTH?Can play such a big role on hairloss?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:07 am

Yeah, that's tough. These tests are unreasonably expensive.

ACTH is a pituitary hormone. It isn't something they would normally test for unless you had high urinary/salivary/serum cortisol. The best cortisol test is probably the 24 hr. urine sample. Signs of high cortisol are pretty evident, however, so you can look at yourself and kind of decipher whether or not you have high cortisol, and thus high ACTH. Check out Cushing's Disease. All of the symptoms of this condition are the direct result of excess cortisol. If you have any of them, ACTH could be a problem, but if not, I wouldn't spend the money to get the test done. It just wouldn't be worth it.

TSH, LH, and FSH can all indicate a pituitary problem as well. So get these and let these sort of be an indicator on where to go next.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:19 am

Thanks,you are really helpful!I have checked thiroid and doctor told me that I have thiroiditis.
T4 3.86(5.10-14.10)
TSH 7.820(0.270-4.200)
ANTI-TG 81.65 (<115)
ANTI TPO 5.23(0-34)
That was 2.5 months ago.I am taking t4 levothyroxine sodium 62μg every morning but hairloss is unstopable.I also started big 3(propecia,minox,ketaco) but nothing happens.I also have too much sebum.
As I said i suspect that I have been poisoned.I read on net that arsenic can create this dysfunction on thiroid(high tsh low t4)
I have 80euro and every hormone cost 20 so I only can have 4 checked.
I will be glad if u could tell what hormones can be affected by heavy metals.
Should I also check alkaline phosphatase?
I am thinking to check Prolactin,LH and DHT.
Sorry for being tiring but tommorow is lab time again.

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:07 am

I cant stress enough how useful it is to do a ferritin test, high tsh is associated with low ferritin, high prolactin as well. People treat their high prolactin and hypothyroidism by correcting ferritin, optimumis 70-90 regardless of the "normal" values of 20-300...This test is a musttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt 4 u tomorrow.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:10 am

Id save all the money and just do a ferritin and prolactin test, i can bet that you are ferritin deficient, ill even pay u the 20 euros Smile

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 am

Dont assume your not deficient as u eat red meat, u will be shocked to see the number of deficient people with optimum iron diets. Copper is a must or ferritin will also be useless.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 am

I tend to agree with YAER, but I would also still get the LH and FSH tests done. Also, have you ever tried dessicated thyroid instead of Synthroid? Synthroid didn't do much for me, but 60 mg of Armour got my thyroid completely leveled out. I can't stress enough the importance of getting your thyroid under control. This alone could throw off the lot of the others, particularly the steroids, as active T3 opposes estrogen.

Also, last thing is that I'm not sure that a DHT test is that useful (given you are paying out of pocket). Obviously if you want to check how effective your meds are, that's one thing. But the effects are pretty universal as far as I know, if you are taking the proper dose at the proper interval, your DHT levels won't be an issue. Its not really going to be very useful in any diagnostic sense.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 am

I will get the results on Tuesday.(prolactin-lh-fsh-feritin)
I will check thiroid again in 2 weeks.
So if I solve the hormonal imbalance I read on net that heavy metal support infection on hair follicles by trapping dht on scalp(my english are not so good-I hope you understand what I mean)
So I am thinnking to add some inflammatory on my scalp daily.Colloidal Silver or peptides cooper.I also thinking to take MSM or some light oral inflammatory.
What do you think?Any suggests?
Has anyone use Colloidal Silver?I read that Colloidal silver with minoxidil can give a great regrowth!

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:51 am

For anti inflammatory I prefer vitamin C and E at a fairly high dose, along with Krill Oil.

There are some good plant extracts out there as well, my favorites being Quercetin and Curcumin.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Unfortunately all hormones are normal.
LH5.56(0,--10)
Prolactin7.66(1.6-21.4)
Feritin151.1(20-352)
I did a feritin test since I believed that feritin and iron is the same thing I will check iron in few days with some other hormones DHEA etc..
I cannot find out what is happening.Is there any possibility to exist any bacteries,toxins,fungi trapped on hair follicles that can fasten androgenetic alopecia?
I am thinking to use some aztec indian healing clay daily in my scalp for detox.What do you think?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 pm

LH5.65(0.6-10.0)*

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:35 pm

You can check copper, copper deficiency is associated with hyper thyroidism so you can be copper toxic and zinc deficient. You should also take black seed oil to treat hypothyroid.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Hairloss started before four monhts.So here are the tests so far:
8/7/13
T4 3.86(5.10-14.10)
TSH 7.820(0.270-4.200)
Total testo 3.51(2.8-8.0)
Anti-Tg 81.65(<115)
Anti-TPO 5.23(0-34)

22-25/8/13
I think it was 40(I dont remember exactly cannot find the test but it was perfect)

2/9/13
LH 5.65(0.6-10.0)
PRL 7.66(1.6-21.4)

6/9/13
FSH 1.9(1.5-13.0)
LH 4.0(1.5-10)
Total testo 8.8(2.55-8.5)
DHEA.S 440(120-360)
SHBG 74(10.0-70.0)
Free testo 20.9(7.0-42)
17-OH progesterone 1.6(0.05-3.9)
E2 40(15-60)
androstenedione 2.9(0.45-3.1)

35 days on finasteride.I cannot find out what happens.
Can SHBG be elevated by fina?
Also to add that when Ι sweep my forehead with my hand and look at itd the sweet is like saliva.It is white like I spit my hand.
The hair that fall out thin or thick have no root(the white thing)It is a extremely thin that u cannot see it.

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:31 am

Let me know if I'm mistaken. It looks like you were using (day/month/year) format for your dates.

In that case, your most recent test looks pretty good (test on bottom). Your total testosterone is pretty high, but its really more about hitting a certain threshold than anything and so you're fine in that regard. DHEA is also a bit high, and since its aromatizable you might be worrying about estrogen levels. But your estrogen really isn't bad. You could probably stand to get it down closer to 20-30, you may feel better that way, but the sex hormones seem pretty on point as of this last test.

Your thyroid looks to be the issue here. Did the doctor palpate or do an ultrasound to check for enlargement? At any rate, you should be being treated for hypo.

I'm not sure what caused the swing in testosterone from back in July to now, but have you noticed feeling better? Hair symptoms?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:03 am

Thanx for answer.To add that I started taking vitamin E to lower my Dhea levels.
I feel better but I cannot say the same for my hair.Hairloss is unstoppable.
Before three monhts I was norwood 1 and now I am norwood 3 with diffuse hairloss,hairloss on sides.
I will re-check thyroid.But if thiriod is normalized what else can I check?
I also have chest hairloss and my mustache hair are going thin.Can demodex be responsible for this situation?
Should I also check for a candida overgrowth?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:50 pm

I just checked my vitamin d and turns out im severely deficient, upon research i found that it is much much more involved than i ever though with the body. Hair loss, hypothyroid, poor immunity and memory are just a very few of its symptoms. Im now taking 35,000 IU twice a week.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 pm

baldoner wrote:Unfortunately all hormones are normal.
LH5.56(0,--10)
Prolactin7.66(1.6-21.4)
Feritin151.1(20-352)
I did a feritin test since I believed that feritin and iron is the same thing I will check iron in few days with some other hormones DHEA etc..
I cannot find out what is happening.Is there any possibility to exist any bacteries,toxins,fungi trapped on hair follicles that can fasten androgenetic alopecia?
I am thinking to use some aztec indian healing clay daily in my scalp for detox.What do you think?
Reference ranges are based on sick people, they do not reflect healthy people. To make matters a little worse,
most "healthy people" are not even healthy.

Another point I should make is that many lab tests are mostly irrelevant for hair loss anyway.

The exception however is your ferritin level. (it's way too high).

A high DHEA level does not equal hair loss.

Hair loss is a comprise in oxygen saturation in the blood. It's also subject to loss of electrons.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down