Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen

+2
blackjack
Yanks
6 posters

Go down

Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen Empty Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen

Post  Yanks Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:53 am

So I need some clarification on how Testosterone is used by the body. I've read in the past that only free T (non SHBG bound) is considered active and therefore able to be used by the muscles and body in general. So it seems that TOTAL T wouldn't matter. Free T would be the issue.

However, in recent posts I've read things about only FREE T being able to be converted to Estrogen and DHT via their respective enzymes. So now I'm wondering if I should be focusing on getting my SHBG up instead of down (which I've been doing with Nettle Root) in order to put on muscle and benefit my hair.

Also I know that Nettle Root seems to rid the body of DHT. MisterE had claimed it was by displacing it from SHBG, the same way in which that happens with T, allowing it to be excreted. But, does this mean that the T is excreted the same way? And how does estrogen play into this situation?

I thought I had the main sex hormones figured out, yet I'm more confused than ever.

CS, Prague, JDP I need your help on this one.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen Empty Re: Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen

Post  blackjack Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:52 am

Total T, SHBG, DHT, Prolactin, IGF1, Estradiol

all need to be just right!

its very complicated

the idea is to have good amounts Bioavailable TEstosterone.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen Empty Re: Available T, SHBG, DHT and Estrgoen

Post  misterE Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:56 am

SHBGs role in the body is to prevent the excretion and conversion of testosterone. When SHBG is not bound to a hormone it is able to bind to the SHBG-receptor [1]. When testosterone binds with SHBG, which is attached to the SHBG-receptor is when you get an anabolic genetic expression.

Contrary to popular belief, when testosterone is bound to SHBG, it exerts an anabolic effect. When testosterone is free, it is able to exert estrogenic/androgenic effects due to its conversion into estrogen, which is obviously estrogenic, or DHT, which is strictly androgenic.

If SHBG is low, that means your total-amount of testosterone is low.

SHBG also prevents the excretion/metabolism of DHT especially because DHT has a very high binding affinity to SHBG. But estrogen doesn't. So it would be much easier to displace estrogen from SHBG than testosterone or DHT.

Also it is extremely crucial that everyone understands this: when estradiol binds with SHBG, it exerts the same effects as DHT, but these effects are not inhibited with an anti-estrogen, but rather an anti-androgen [2]!

Increasing free-estrogen might not sound good to your prostate at first, but remember only free-testosterone can enter the prostate... not free-estrogen. Same in regards to DHT. If you increase free-DHT it would not cause baldness or prostate-problems, because like I said, only free-testosterone can enter cells and convert into SHBG-bound-estrogen or SHBG-bound-DHT in the scalp or prostate. I know CS has made light of this phenomenon before: whereas using DHT cream actually helps combat prostate-enlargement!

Displacing estrogen from SHBG seems to be a very crucial step for hormonal balance... for instance displacing estradiol from SHBG would obviously increase free-estradiol, which would further help increase IGFBP's and SHBG, both of which are stimulated by free-estrogen.

So what are some of the ways to manipulate SHBG. Well diet has a direct effect on SHBG. Research shows that dietary-protein especially dairy-protein and animal-protein directly lowers SHBG [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]. While dietary-fiber increases it [9].

The way protein lowers SHBG is by increasing free-IGF-1.

Free-IGF-1 is the most potent regulator of SHBG [10] [11]. Bald men are shown to have higher free-IGF-1 and lower IGFBPs [12]. However, vegans are shown to have 9% lower free-IGF-1 and 13% higher SHBG-bound-testosterone [8].

What humans should strive for is low free-IGF-1 and high SHBG-bound-testosterone. So what are some of the things that can displace estrogen and DHT from SHBG? Phytoestrogens, zinc, beta-sitosterol, ketoconazole [13], and most phytonutrients found in plant-based-foods.

[1] The control of the interaction of sex hormone-binding globulin with its receptor by steroid hormones.
[2] Estradiol Activates the Prostate Androgen Receptor and Prostate-specific Antigen Secretion through the Intermediacy of Sex Hormone-binding Globulin.
[3] Long-term effects of calorie or protein restriction on serum IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 concentration in humans.
[4] Dietary correlates of plasma insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 concentrations.
[5] Determinants of circulating insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 concentrations in a cohort of Singapore men and women.
[6] The influence of dietary intake on the insulin–like growth factor (IGF) system across three ethnic groups: a population–based study.
[7] The associations of diet with serum insulin–like growth factor I and its main binding proteins in 292 women meat–eaters, vegetarians, and vegans.
[8] Hormones and diet: low insulin-like growth factor-I but normal bioavailable androgens in vegan men.
[9] Diet and sex hormone binding globulin.
[10] Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization.
[11] Diet and acne.
[12] Vertex balding, plasma insulin-like growth factor 1, and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3.
[13] Ketoconazole Inhibition of Testicular Secretion of Testosterone and Displacement of Steroid Hormones from Serum Transport Proteins.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:10 am

The way protein lowers SHBG is by increasing free-IGF-1.

Donno about that i been eating more protein.... 200-300g a day, yet my shbg has hit a record high but i have a record high protein intake as well

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:55 am

BlackJack - By Bioavailable T do you mean Free T? Can you expand on this?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Total testosterone = testosterone-bound-to-SHBG + testosterone-bound-to-albumin + free testosterone

Bioavailable testosterone = [ testosterone-bound-to-albumin + free testosterone ]

Total testosterone = testosterone-bound-to-SHBG + Bioavailable testosterone

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Ok so is T that's SHBG bound rendered useless? How does it factor in exactly?

Is free T excreted or converted to DHT and Estrogen?

And should our goal be to maximize albumin and minimize SHBG then in order to have maximun benefits of T and minimum detriments like hair loss?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:22 pm

doesnt shbg levels at older age mean something different than when younger? i remember CS saying something about that..

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:12 pm

MisterE - is there any studies showing that a protein/fat based diet increases SHBG/raises IGFBP/lowers free IGF ... or studies showing that a protein/fat based diet does the opposite ( lowers SHBG/lowers IGFBP/increases free IGF ) ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:34 am

NrwgnKID wrote:MisterE - is there any studies showing that a protein/fat based diet increases SHBG/raises IGFBP/lowers free IGF ... or studies showing that a protein/fat based diet does the opposite ( lowers SHBG/lowers IGFBP/increases free IGF ) ?

All the studies show that animal-protein, especially dairy-protein, increases free-IGF-1, so a meat-based-diet like the atkins-diet would be a good way to lower your SHBG (and clog your arteries and loose your bones). Vegan-diets are shown to lower free-IGF-1 and increase SHBG.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am

Yanks wrote:Ok so is T that's SHBG bound rendered useless? How does it factor in exactly?

SHBG-bound-testosterone is not useless because SHBG has a receptor! SHBG keeps testosterone preserved as testosterone and inhibits it conversion to DHT or estrogen. Once DHT or estrogen bind to SHBG, they are unable to be metabolized (excreted), unless displaced.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am

misterE wrote:
Yanks wrote:Ok so is T that's SHBG bound rendered useless? How does it factor in exactly?

SHBG-bound-testosterone is not useless because SHBG has a receptor! SHBG keeps testosterone preserved as testosterone and inhibits it conversion to DHT or estrogen. Once DHT or estrogen bind to SHBG, they are unable to be metabolized (excreted), unless displaced.

misterE,

what is the ideal level of SHBG in regards to hair?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:09 am

RobHealthMan wrote:
misterE wrote:

misterE,

The higher the better. High SHBG will ensure a high testosterone level and good health. SHBG is inversely related to diabetes, prostate-cancer, cardiovascular-disease, PCOS, acne, etc.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:30 am

I do agree with SHBG its better to have a high (not to high ) SHBG and high total testosterone

but MIs needs to stop telling lies ", so a meat-based-diet like the atkins-diet would be a good way to lower your SHBG (and clog your arteries and loose your bones). Vegan-diets are shown to lower free-IGF-1 and increase SHBG."

this is 1990's BS....

If weston price were alive today and knew there was a huge vegan movement being promoted as a healthy diet im sure he would be deeply upset.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:21 am

blackjack wrote:
but MIs needs to stop telling lies ", so a meat-based-diet like the atkins-diet would be a good way to lower your SHBG (and clog your arteries and loose your bones). Vegan-diets are shown to lower free-IGF-1 and increase SHBG."

I have "backed-up" every claim I made with scientific evidence and shown how this ties in with MPB.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:25 am

But i proved in my own experiment

that a vegan diet really does nothing to improve hormones ..

and that protein doesnt decrease SHBG..

i have had extensive blood testing for the past 5 years... 2 out of 5 years i was 98% vegan.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Ok can we NOT make this into another vegan vs carnivore debate. This is starting to get really old.

I'd really like to discuss how these hormones work in the body and NOT what kind of diet increases/decreases what.

For instance, how does albumin-bound T workthe body? And does Free T REALLY result in more DHT and Estrogen? I know MisterE claims this, but I'd like to hear what others have to say about it. Hormones are a tricky and confusing subject so it's not that I'm trying to discredit you MisterE, but I'd like to hear from some other people and see if we can get a consensus on this subject.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 pm

not a carnivore diet but a diet based on plants + animals.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  "Supo" Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Want to solve all these problems without any fuss? Exercise to a sweat everyday and eat the food pyramid upside down and lift heavy weights 4 times per week. Problem solved.

"Supo"

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:32 am

SUPO you need to get help! Hairloss Help will have you.

LOL.................... The Food Pyramid..................................... yeah, make sure you eat processed foods loaded with TRANSFATS too , smoke Cigarettes and take PROPECIA.

This guy is not only a PSYCHOPATH, he is totally CLUELESS.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:25 am

Got another question. Hopefully someone can answer it...

Will Nettle Root have initial anabolic benefits by freeing up T but over the course of time deplete Total T in doing so? I seem to notice a drop off of results the longer I use it. If I take a break the results return.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 am

misterE wrote:
RobHealthMan wrote:
misterE wrote:

misterE,

misterE, can you reaffirm? i get conflicting information all the time about low vs high shbg in terms if men over 40+

The higher the better. High SHBG will ensure a high testosterone level and good health. SHBG is inversely related to diabetes, prostate-cancer, cardiovascular-disease, PCOS, acne, etc.

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:32 am

misterE was banned

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 am

he was banned? why so? i know he offered conflicting info but in a way...that was good...

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:39 am

RobHealthMan wrote:he was banned? why so? i know he offered conflicting info but in a way...that was good...

I send MP for CS:

Steven_Tyler - Yes, misterE he was. Some of the moderators all voted on it. Over all we warned him on a number of occasions on some issues and we gave him many chances, and he continued to violate the conditions, so he was banned.

The fundamental reason was that he would not move on from an issue, even though it was discussed over and over again.

misterE was a good User
Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down