Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes?

2 posters

Go down

I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? Empty I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes?

Post  Growdamnit Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 am

Title. Also, should I avoid natural peanut butter because peanuts are a legume? How about arrowhead gluten-free, steel-cut oatmeal?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? Empty Re: I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes?

Post  AS54 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:01 am

Hell naw, rice was my savior on gluten free. Obviously, rice having high starch content means different people are going to tolerate different amounts in different ways. I can handle small amounts of rice. If I go much over a cup of cooked rice I'll get bloated. Others can tolerate more. You just have to decide for yourself on that aspect, but overall starch is pretty innocuous in terms of allergens. As I mentioned, the only issue with starch is that people break it down at different rates, so if you take in too much you may have the issue of too much getting into the distal intestine, leading to bloat. Also, if you don't have a healthy insulin sensitivity, starch can be bad for blood sugar in large amounts. These are particulars though. To be safe, just keep it to reasonable amounts at a sitting and you should be just fine.

Oats are debatable. A lot of oats still contain gluten, usually the more commercial ones like Quaker. I've used the brand you mentioned while gluten free and not had any issues.

As far as legumes go, its all going to depend on how they are processed. Peanuts won't naturally contain gluten, neither will most legumes. But if they are processed in a factory that also processes wheat, then yes they will. If you aren't true celiac, then its probably not an issue, but if you can get the really clean ones, go for them. With legumes, I'd be more concerned about the lectin content. Lectins are a topic requiring a book, but its well worth your time if you wanna do a bit of research on them. Beans and legumes are the worst offenders, but I think most people would do well to avoid them. Cooking tends to eliminate them, but to what degree we aren't sure, as this depends on cooking temp and cook time. I'd rather just avoid them. I've seen reports that taking an n-acetyl glucosamine supplement alongside lectin foods can reduce the damage, as the glucosamine component of the gut mucosa is what lectins bind to. So the NAG acts like a replacement, keeping lectins from binding to the gut wall.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes? Empty Re: I'm gluten-free, should I avoid rice and legumes?

Post  Growdamnit Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 pm

I just want to know the specifics of my already strict diet. Trying to chisel away the intricacies that might be causing problems. Even going as far to cut out vegetable oil, canola oil, and carrageenan from unflavored almond milks. A lot of research needs to be done.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down