Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptyToday at 5:05 am by Zaphod

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss?

4 posters

Go down

Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? Empty Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss?

Post  hairisthickening Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,

so my friend has a room he will let me live in for free. The problem is im worried the place has mold. It has a very "old house" smell when you walk into it. My hair right now is doing better and seems to be even stable potentially as of the last say 30-60 days. I don't want to do anything that will make my hair loss worse. I hate living at my current place and would love to move in with my friend.

I am just scared this possible mold would make my hair worse. It's a house that is a bit older in the los angeles area. What do you guys think? Am I being paranoid of should this be a real issue not to move in? Thanks

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? Empty Re: Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss?

Post  ngb Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Is there water damage? What floor is it on? You can get a mold test done if you are that worried. It would be less than one months rent so if you are going to live there for awhile it would be worth it. There has to be a source of water somewhere so if you aren't in the basement I don't know how there would be water considering it rarely rains in LA (if there was a leak in the roof). You could also just get a really good air filter.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss? Empty Re: Considering moving into apartment with mold. Could it worsen hair loss?

Post  hairisthickening Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks NGB. It is on the bottom floor. I don't think it's the basement because there is no floor above it. Its a one story house. There is a patio outside of it too. I don't see any water damage that I can tell. I don't see any visible mold....but some of the walls do have a slight dirty tint to them. There is a bathroom in the apartment too of course.

I mean it doesnt rain much in LA true but there can still be mold just from the shower or something right? I am planning on staying there many months. Where can I buy one of these mold test you speak about? Thx

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Mold in your shower is nothing to worry about, just spray bleach on it. The horror stories you hear about mold are when there is a lot of water damage and I think it would be pretty obvious. You have to have a professional come out and test the air for spores. They run a machine for a period of time and it collects everything in the air. This should be hundreds of dollars but cheaper than 1 months rent I would think. I don't think there is a cheap at home test that would be accurate. Mold is everywhere so don't be freaked out if they find "black mold". They will try to get you to pay for expensive remediation if they find low levels so do your research to make sure the level is something to worry about. If you decide to get a good air filter do your research on that to (allergy forums, etc.) and don't get a cheap one. Make sure it says that it filters mold spores which are very small.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:16 pm

The moldy house smell is a giveaway. There always is *some* smell in the place to rent, just make sure you smell and suspect mold. Did you feel immediately better when you walked out of the house? Did your eyes water a bit? Learn how you react in presence of mold, and use it as a test in the future. Smell the curtains, sofa, carpet.

Imho, fungus is super detrimental to hair and sinuses. If I were you, I'd look for other options. But then I already know I am vulnerable and sensitive to fungus.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 am

Thanks guys. Hmmm....what to do. I mean if the house did have a mold problem could it really make my hairloss worse? As in accelerate it or is this just being paranoid? It's the only issue that is keeping me from moving into my friends place. My hair is doing good right now and I dont want to take any chances. Im so frustrated with this.

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 am

yeah man i agree with rugrats. even if you don't smell anything, there's usually always mold at least somewhere. like if you walk into a house and you are wet and the water goes on the floor, there is a chance for mold to grow even if you don't smell it. i would seriously avoid it just because you know it is bad for your health regardless of your hair. and since you smell it.. you know there is something there, that should not be happening. if you have no other option, at least get theives oil and spray it around.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down