Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Combatting androgen sensitivities? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Combatting androgen sensitivities?

Go down

Combatting androgen sensitivities? Empty Combatting androgen sensitivities?

Post  zerogravity Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 am

From what I've gathered, androgen sensitivities play a role in scalp hair loss, increased body hair growth, acne, etc. (to a similar extent as insulin resistance/sensitivity influences diabetes). CS and others have discussed sensitivities to a small degree in past posts, but there are still a few question marks surrounding this (at least to me, but I'm sure to others too).

Using myself as an example, my serum testosterone and DHT levels are both much lower than average... yet here I am struggling from androgen-related conditions. I know, I know, serum levels don't always tell the whole story and tissue concentrations are more important... but there must be an explanation for suppressed serum androgens whilst exhibiting typically high-androgen conditions, right? CS has said that DHT and MPB are inversely correlated, while testosterone is directly correlated to MPB. But what triggers a person to become overly sensitive to androgens in the first place, and what can a person do to combat it?

CS's supplemental recommendations just don't seem like enough. It's tough turning down pharmaceutical options (which often do work well, but come with many longterm risks) in favor of a natural approach while watching a condition continue or get worse in the mean time... all while wondering if what you're trying is doing any good at all.

I know there are other factors involved, such as inflammation (many of which are androgen-induced). Some people appear lucky in never acquiring these conditions despite living extremely unhealthy lifestyles... while others seem so sensitive to "normal" daily things that they must do a complete overhaul in their daily lives in an attempt to feel like everyone else. I'm NOT going to just sit back and say, "Well, it must be my genes... can't do anything about it," ...because even genes have triggers.

I realize that, in the crudest sense, the body is a series of causes and effects... an input will lead to an output, good or bad. When symptoms are exhibited, there is always a reason either at the micro or macro level. Sometimes the wiring and plumbing needs maintenance or replacement, but I know everything has an explanation waiting to be unraveled.

zerogravity

Back to top Go down