Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptyToday at 5:05 am by Zaphod

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Regarding zinc and copper balance EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regarding zinc and copper balance

4 posters

Go down

Regarding zinc and copper balance Empty Regarding zinc and copper balance

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:59 am

Hey guys, so I take around 15mg zinc/day. If I take 2 mg copper every other day, is this enough to balance things out?

Thanks

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Regarding zinc and copper balance Empty Coppper

Post  bocor Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:12 am

2 mg is rda so every day is ok on the copper I take new chapter zinc force which has 15 mg zinc and 1.5 mg copper

bocor

Back to top Go down

Regarding zinc and copper balance Empty Re: Regarding zinc and copper balance

Post  4039 Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:48 am

Looks good. I personally take a multi-mineral every once in a while, because the daily micromanaging of minerals/vitamins is tough. If you are taking higher-dose MSM (2-4+grams daily,) make sure to get enough potassium. MSM is a major antagonist of potassium.... and calcium.

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:43 am

MSM is major antagonist of potassium and calcium now? So not just zinc and molybdenum, but also those..

There's a lot of people out there taking high dose msm (I'm on 9gr / day). No one had seemed to run into any deficiencies.. How do you account for this? A calcium/potassium deficiency would be pretty noticeavle

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am

Molybdenum is to help with sulfur digestion and bioavailability. MSM is actually a copper antagonist, however supplementing with copper could then cause a zinc deficiency. Sulfur can also block selenium absorption. I personally would just take a multi-mineral (for instance, Albion chelated) with some extra potassium and magnesium.

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 am

I would do this, but the only problem is there is 15mg zinc in another key supplement I'm taking and I don't want to go above 15 mg daily zinc.. Any suggestions? (Are there any multi minerals without zinc?)

Thanks

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Sizzling,

You are fine to get more than 15 mg zinc daily. Really. In fact, you'd probably be better off getting more than 15 mg zinc. At least 30 mg would be better, and I usually prefer at least 50.

I've been getting between 50-100 mg for the past few weeks and have experienced zero problems. But I do make sure to balance the zinc intake with adequate copper.

The first sign you are getting too much zinc will probably be digestive disturbances, stomach upset and diarrhea.

And I totally agree with 4039 on the benefit of a multi-vitamin/mineral and that micromanaging your individual minerals is painstaking. I prefer a more convenient buckshot method and based on what I am getting from the multi, that will determine how much I take of an individual mineral/vitamin.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi Anthony, thanks. Yeah, the main thing with me is my hypersensitivity to anything anti DHT or anti 5ar.

My body just seems to be overly reactive like that unfortunately. Even within the spectrum of natural products. Anyways, maybe I could try and find a multi with a low level of zinc, but I think the lowest I will be able to find is 15mg. Maybe I will fare ok with 30 mg daily.

If anyone can think of any zinc free multis though, or low level ones, I would greatly appreciate it.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:30 pm

I hear ya.

But to be honest, I doubt you'll find zinc to be overtly anti-DHT. As a guy whose been taking 50 mg doses regularly for years now, it never halted my hair loss (*if you consider that an indicator, which some wouldn't).

It does support testosterone production. I'm not sure at what physiological levels it would actually have significant 5-ar inhibition, but taking it at normal doses, I really doubt you'd see anything to write home about.

With zinc, its about how multi-faceted of a mineral it is. You want to be zinc sufficient. 30 mg daily is perfectly safe.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down