Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
fruits and gut EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
fruits and gut EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
fruits and gut EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
fruits and gut EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
fruits and gut EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
fruits and gut EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
fruits and gut EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
fruits and gut EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
fruits and gut EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

fruits and gut

4 posters

Go down

fruits and gut Empty fruits and gut

Post  strider7086 Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:37 am

Hi good folks,

After reading the information on this forum (special thanks to everyone for their input) i was finally able to realize how important it is to maintain a healthy gut. I spent some years of my childhood abroad and noticed the folks in my native country ate lots and lots of fruit. Main reason - fruits are cheap and everything else is expensive.

And the hair quality of most men was excellent. Infact those who even lost hair - had a respectable stubble on their heads.

Mangoes, guavas, oranges and sour - berries formed a staple of the diet. The more i think about it the more i appreciate it. That said i recently started incorporating much more fruit in my diet and the difference is astounding. My kidneys' and liver feel lighter - my bowels have improved and my gut feels better.

I am especially interested in guava's as im battling some gut problems. Apparently it has 200 % vitamin c. My gut feels a lot more relaxed after i chew down a guava. I'm hoping this leads to patching up my leaky gut in full.

Just wanted to share,

Thanks everyone,

Strider

Last edited by strider7086 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

strider7086

Back to top Go down

fruits and gut Empty Re: fruits and gut

Post  panoslydios Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:51 am

According to some people,human being is fruitarian by its own nature.
Others suggest that human is just a breatherian and fruits just cleanse his blood and body so he can
absorb the sun and the air better.

They also say,fruit is the only thing that you can eat withou eating you.
I love fruits straight from the trees .

panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:16 am

Absolutely feel that fruit is an integral part of the human diet. There aren't many foods than integrate better with the body, and are more friendly to the gut. That said, I don't agree with the strict fruitarians, as I feel animal meats (organ and muscle) and animal fats have also been equally important in human evolution. For me, a diet of quality meat, animal fat, and fruit is probably the ideal human diet. The fiber question is still a controversial one, but personally find that I do better on lower fiber.

The people who eat strictly fruitarian are mistaken in my opinion, especially the people who eat large mono-meals of like 6-7 bananas at a time. A good percentage of the population can't handle large amounts of fruit sugar all at one time, but this tends to be less of problem with whole fruit (which contains other factors that blunt the sugar response) and more of a problem with fruit juice. Our guts are designed to get a balance of the macronutrients and I feel strongly that protein needs to be consumed along with carbohydrate and some fat. Again, I think the best sources of human nutrition are fruits (more for energy and vitamin C, not so much other nutrients) and animal meats & fats.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:05 am

Folks i wanted to report back - i've been having a lot of fruits everyday to patch up my gut. I believe it is perhaps the combo that did the trick but when i introduced Guava's the difference was astounding.

It coats the stomach in a way that i cant describe. Thanks God - I am able to tolerate coffee again (good quality organic).

One has to be careful with Guava's though - they catch parasites quick so better to cut it into medium to small pieces.

i've also added a pre-biotic - organic local honey from the farmers market. This is helping me gain some weight. I have come to the firm belief that most store honey is fake including the organic labelled ones (except a few like Widderspoon Manuka)

To good health,

Strider,

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 am

That's totally awesome mate Smile

I have had mixed experiences with fruit... many are ok but some that are more fibrous or starchy like dates or bananas give me bloating.

I suspect that many fruits are great for health, but I guess I haven't spent long enough specifically experimenting with them to say for sure.

Really glad things are going well for you though!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:18 am

Thanks so much - i owe a special thanks to everyone on this forum for making me realize the importance of maintaining gut health. It is truly the key to good health.

I think its different for each individual - also it could depend on the quality of the fruit. For example large guava's commercially available gave me bloating and not much of a difference. I found ripe guava's that were very sweet and small in a small fruit store in Queens New York and they did the trick.

Thanks again everyone!

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:34 am

strider7086 wrote:Thanks so much - i owe a special thanks to everyone on this forum for making me realize the importance of maintaining gut health. It is truly the key to good health.

I think its different for each individual - also it could depend on the quality of the fruit. For example large guava's commercially available gave me bloating and not much of a difference. I found ripe guava's that were very sweet and small in a small fruit store in Queens New York and they did the trick.

Thanks again everyone!

yeah very true!

If you do find you get any bloating though, as I say I think it tends to be the starch and/or fibre in sugar sources that can pull the sugar into the colon and feed the bugs there like Candida.

But yeah mega glad you're doing so good Smile

I am working on my gut health situation too and diet.. at the moment mine is focused on meat, fish, greens etc, but I want to get some more fruit in there again as long as I can choose them carefully enough so my gut doesn't react or anything >.<
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:56 pm

hoppipolla wrote:
strider7086 wrote:Thanks so much - i owe a special thanks to everyone on this forum for making me realize the importance of maintaining gut health. It is truly the key to good health.

Thanks again everyone!

yeah very true!

If you do find you get any bloating though, as I say I think it tends to be the starch and/or fibre in sugar sources that can pull the sugar into the colon and feed the bugs there like Candida.

But yeah mega glad you're doing so good Smile

I am working on my gut health situation too and diet.. at the moment mine is focused on meat, fish, greens etc, but I want to get some more fruit in there again as long as I can choose them carefully enough so my gut doesn't react or anything >.<

Ahh now i realize why i feel bloated after having a single date..even though dates themselves are a very nutritious fruit. Wow - thanks you for sharing!  

The way i went about was to try fruits by trial and error - buy a small quantity of each and see how my gut reacts. Right now I'm concentrating on fruits with high quantities of vitamin C to kill off the bad bacteria (i still citrus ones as they aggravate my gut).

The more i research the gut - the more i realize dairy is the key to optimal gut health (as stated in many places on this forum). After fruits i hope to be able to explore that avenue. Have you incorporated dairy to any extent in your diet?

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 pm

strider7086 wrote:
Ahh now i realize why i feel bloated after having a single date..even though dates themselves are a very nutritious fruit. Wow - thanks you for sharing!  

The way i went about was to try fruits by trial and error - buy a small quantity of each and see how my gut reacts. Right now I'm concentrating on fruits with high quantities of vitamin C to kill off the bad bacteria (i still citrus ones as they aggravate my gut).

The more i research the gut - the more i realize dairy is the key to optimal gut health (as stated in many places on this forum). After fruits i hope to be able to explore that avenue. Have you incorporated dairy to any extent in your diet?

Actually, I feel like my gut right now is sensitive to dairy even including lactose-free, so I've decided to drop it for now and have meat and fish instead,and maybe a protein powder or two.

At the moment I'm focusing on taking hydrogen peroxide for Candida and trying to lower the levels of serotonin (unnecessary gut movement) and histamine (gut inflammation) caused by foods I'm sensitive to so as to try to correct my hormones.

It's tricky though when your gut is v sensitive like mine Sad
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down