Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Looking for some good advice on skin conditions.

4 posters

Go down

Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. Empty Looking for some good advice on skin conditions.

Post  hapyman Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:53 am

Hey everyone.

Don't know where to really start with this but I was looking for some info on skin conditions. My skin seems to always be dry and lifeless. It is pliable and stretches but it looks very limp and dry and almost a little shiny. Also I have some red splotches and seems most intense on the back of my upper arm. I believe it looks like eczema. I believe this may be due to poor circulation, candida and quite possibly adrenal fatigue.

I just finished a cleanse which included cayenne pepper but I was thinking about kicking it up a notch with something stronger than just the plain herb. Hopefully this will help with a potential circulation problem. Also during the cleanse I was detoxing heavy metals with bentonite and humifulvate. I must say I feel much better and more energetic but was wondering what I could do to help speed up the recovery process.

BTW I stopped all my supplements during the cleanse except a bit of oil of oregano.

Here are some of the things I am\have taken:

Resevertrol (w/ red wine extracts);
Curcumin/Turmeric mix;
MSM;
Krill Oil;
Q10 w/ tocopherols;
Probiotics;
MagOil

Dietary:

I have been pretty clean trying to eat healthy carbs like brown rice, fresh veggies/fruits (I usually eat a lot of bananas - for potassium) and some meat. I have pretty much eliminated dairy except for the occasional cheese or sour cream.

Any insight would be great to here. Thanks in advance.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. Empty Re: Looking for some good advice on skin conditions.

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:34 am

hapyman - Check your iodine levels, or try adding lugol's solution (two drops per day). A great moisurizer for the skin to take internally is Hyaluronic acid.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Looking for some good advice on skin conditions. Empty Re: Looking for some good advice on skin conditions.

Post  hapyman Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:09 am

Whoops. Forgot to add that in. I have been supplementing with a good Iodine supplement for 4-6 months now. I have mainly been skin painting and am just starting to level my Iodine stores. The painting is lasting longer and longer but not quite 24-72 hours yet. I have noticed increase energy and a slight increase in extremity temp but not quite there yet. Guess I will just have to stick to the Iodine or maybe up my levels. I hear it can take up to 12 months is that true?
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 am

hapyman - I ran into some study (I do not recall where) showing that topical iodine only absorbs about 2 to 3% in the skin and the rest evaporates. If this is accurate, you maybe better served taking Lugol's solution internally.

If you're familiar with bit torrent downloads, you might want to check this out:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Iodine-The-Most-Misunderstood-Nutrient/3952ad34874320d635ff929696349f4cbe07aeb2fe59

This is a great presentation on iodine by Doctor David Brownstein.

I am pretty liberal with my use of Lugol's solution and will literally squirt the stuff in my water (a few to several drops).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edci Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:08 pm

is there an optimal time to take iodine... does it need to be taken in the morning/ on an empty stomach,etc.?

edci

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:37 am

Might want to take it in the morning as it can give you a boost of energy.

Thanks for the heads up IH. I will have to look into taking it orally in the morning. I will start slow and see how it goes.

So do you think the skin painting is a 'viable' means to measure Iodine levels then? That is to prevent paying for expensive labs.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:45 am

hapyman - There's some controversy about the patch test or applying iodine to the skin. I was recommending this until the iodine experts declared it has not bee proven reliable. An iodine loading test is accurate. They cost between 50 and 100 bucks. But since 95% of the population is deficient in iodine, it might be worth taking the recommended optimal daily intake for most people (12.5 milligrams) or two drops of Lugol's solution.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 am

Yeah. Seeing as I am pretty sure I am not getting any Iodine from any other part of my diet this would be relatively safe. If I begin to feel hyper or jittery I will scale it back.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Iodine can bring detox symptoms, keep yourself educated as to how to identify and address (if and when it happens).

hapyman wrote:Yeah. Seeing as I am pretty sure I am not getting any Iodine from any other part of my diet this would be relatively safe. If I begin to feel hyper or jittery I will scale it back.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down