Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE

+3
Espio
CausticSymmetry
averagejoe001
7 posters

Go down

A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE Empty A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE

Post  averagejoe001 Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:30 am

Hi all

Thanks for a great forum here. I have diffuse hair loss and have tried a number of treatments with little regrowth... From a nutrition point of view, I have all but given up on the hope that internals (naturals that is) will cause any noticeable regrowth...

That said, I would still like to eat very well and try to use some of Immortal's advice... Who knows,tomorrow might yet yield a miracle.

I want to start making smoothies for breakfast. I thought of the following. Can anyone comment:

- Oats
- Whey protein powder
- Emerald Balance (http://sgnnutrition.com/emerald-balance/ingredients.shtml)
- Coconut oil (about 1 tbls)
- Banana

Can anyone give some advice on the above? Are there better suggestions focused on hair loss nutrition?

Regards

averagejoe001

Back to top Go down

A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE Empty Re: A good breakfast... ADVICE PLEASE

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:57 am

averagejoe001 - Diffuse hair loss usually equals one of two things: Either low growth hormone and/or IGF-1 or subclinical hypothyroid or "normal" low thyroid.

Dr. Barnes has found the basal temperature to be one of the most valid tests to evaluate thyroid function. The temperature test should be done upon awakening in the morning, but before leaving your bed.

HOW TO TAKE THE BASAL TEMPERATURE TEST FOR DETERMINING LOW THYROID

1) If you are male or a non-menstruating female, take a digital thermometer or an oral mercury thermometer (which has been shaken down and placed at the bedside the previous evening) and place it in your armpit for 10 minutes immediately upon awakening while lying quietly in bed. Repeat the test three days in a row. Normal temperature is 97.8 degrees to 98.2 degrees. If your temperature is low, your thyroid gland is probably underactive.

If the situation is low growth hormone or IGF-1 level, then Fibroboost (Ecklonia Cava) may help.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 am

Does diffuse hair loss mean the entire scalp, or just the top of the scalp where male pattern baldness typically affects?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:averagejoe001 - Diffuse hair loss usually equals one of two things: Either low growth hormone and/or IGF-1 or subclinical hypothyroid or "normal" low thyroid.

Dr. Barnes has found the basal temperature to be one of the most valid tests to evaluate thyroid function. The temperature test should be done upon awakening in the morning, but before leaving your bed.

1) If you are male or a non-menstruating female, take a digital thermometer or an oral mercury thermometer (which has been shaken down and placed at the bedside the previous evening) and place it in your armpit for 10 minutes immediately upon awakening while lying quietly in bed. Repeat the test three days in a row. Normal temperature is 97.8 degrees to 98.2 degrees. If your temperature is low, your thyroid gland is probably underactive.

If the situation is low growth hormone or IGF-1 level, then Fibroboost (Ecklonia Cava) may help.

What would a high temperature indicate? I'm a very warm person and my back is always hot to the touch.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 am

Espio - Generally the top of the scalp.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:36 am

tooyoung - A high temperature could indicate high thyroid (hyperthyroidism). Iodine also helps this.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07 pm

CS- Do you disagree with the theory most doctors say that hair loss from hypothyroidism affects all hair, including the sides of the scalp and the outer 1/3rd of the eyebrows?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Espio - Hair loss can result in a variety of forms with thyroid problems, so eyebrow loss doesn't have to occur.

Also it's important to note that Synthroid, a very frequently used thyroid medication often causes hair loss. I suspect this does so by depleting iodine levels.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm posting this here because i recommend it on an empty stomach and I happen to eat one at breakfast: granny smith apples: the gnarly, young, perhaps New Zealand kind. They're loaded with pectin that is great for detox: kiddneys and liver loves them. Packed with fiber to make u feel full, not bloated. Plus polyphenols: eat the seeds for an antioxidant punch. I eat at least two a day.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:tooyoung - A high temperature could indicate high thyroid (hyperthyroidism). Iodine also helps this.

I went to a doctor to get my thyroid tested and they said I was fine. :/

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:27 pm

I've had my thyroid tested by doctors before, they also reported everything was fine. The top of my scalp is diffuse thinning and the sides of my head are also thinning. I think I read on here something about thyroid tests that doctors give don't tell you everything.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Thyroid tests which typically include TSH, T4 and T3 are not enough. The Broda barnes test should also be done, if still normal, a reverse T3 test should be performed. Here's how the Broda barnes test works at home:

At night, shake down a thermometer - be sure that it is shaken down and below 95 degrees. Next morning, on awakening, put the thermometer under your arm with the bulb in the armpit with no clothing between it and the armpit. Leave it there for 10 minutes (use snooze alarm if you wake up to an alarm). Just drowse for that time lying still.

After 10 minutes, take the thermometer out, and read it, writing down the result right away. (On waking, most people don't think clearly and might forget the reading). This is known as your Early AM Basal Temperature, and the "normal" should be between 97.8 and 98.2. This reading taken by armpit is somewhat lower and somewhat more accurate than by mouth. If you have a low-grade infection this may read higher than your "normal", therefore if it is in that range above, you should repeat the above procedure every other day for a week or so. If a menstruating female, also do it on the 2nd and 3rd day of your period.

If lower than the range, you are probably hypothyroid, and if higher, then you are probably hyperthyroid (or you have an infection somewhere).

Just some of the symptoms of hypothyroidism can be: depression, low energy, fatigue, many infections, chronic headaches (also check corn allergy), Circulatory problems, Chronic skin problems, poor memory and/or concentration, eczema, psoriasis, excessive weight, irregular menstrual periods, neuroticism, irritability, hair loss, and lots more. The book by Dr. Broda Barnes is excellent.

To treat hypothyroidism, you can try to find an MD, or a DO, who will write you a prescription for Armour Natural, or Cytomel. Synthroid is what is mostly prescribed, but it has been linked to osteoporosis. There is also Lugol which has been found useful in conjunction with thyroid. Or, you can go to a good health food store and get a "glandular" that contains thyroid (along with other glandulars usually). Start with two glandulars/day for a week, and use the above temperature test to determine if that is correct for you.

Source: http://drbate.com/Ref/thyroid.html
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  averagejoe001 Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:38 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:averagejoe001 - Diffuse hair loss usually equals one of two things:  Either low growth hormone and/or IGF-1 or subclinical hypothyroid or "normal" low thyroid.

Hi guys

I had some bloodwork done earlier this year and a subsequent consult with CS - however, I ignored the basal test! Now I've found the following, over the past 2 mornings. I used a digital thermometer and read that I should put it under my tongue for 5 mins. Then I should subtract 0.5 degrees from the reading. My readings for the 2 mornings were:

36.2 degrees Celsius - 0.5 = 35.7 degrees Celsius
36.0 degrees Celsius - 0.5 = 35.5 degrees Celsius

I have been taking Iosol for the last 4 months, but not felt like it's made much of a difference. I started on 1-2 drops and slowly upped it to 12 drops. I'm also taking Ecklonia Cava, Curcumin (HairEvo brand), Krill oil, Tocosorb & copper sebecate, fulvic acid, sublindual vit D + vit k, maca and ashwagandha.

I've not had T3 tested before, but my last bloodwork in May  had the following thyroid readings:

Free Thyroxine (FT4) 14.4 pmol/L (ref range 9 - 22)
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) 1.19 uIU/ml (ref range 0.35 - 4.94)

So, am looking for some opinions on the following

1. Are these readings enough to suggest I'm hypothyroid and enough to warrant getting onto Armour?
  2. I suspect I have poor adrenal function too. Years of working in the wrong jobs. I struggle to sleep at night, am a very late starter in the morning and need for excessive amounts of sleep). Would I create a bigger problem if I took natural thyroid supplements or do I have to have a saliva test to confirm this first (tests are so pricey in the UK)
  3. As I'm new to all this, how long does a thyroid imbalance take to recover? Months? Years?

Thanks!

averagejoe001

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:45 am

I always try and eat 2 cups of cooked vegetables, a good source of quality protein and a good source of quality fat.

Eg. 1 cup organic broccoli, 1 cup of organic carrots, 3 good quality eggs, 2 tbsp cold pressed olive oil seasoned with pepper and sea salt.

Eating right can be really bland though.. I wanted to get some ideas on sprucing up healthy food by stating a hair friendly recipe thread but it didn't take off.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down