Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone)

+3
AS54
CausticSymmetry
sizzlinghairs
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone)

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:55 am

I see so its more adaptogenic, as in it would only block 5ar within what the body prefers and calls for to promote homeostasis?

My question is, why would saw P, also natural, cause such significant sides for me? Same as other natural substances as well like lavender, beta-sis, nettles, etc?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about quercitin (anthony, immortal, anyone)

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Quercetin is great. Immortal recommended it to me and it helps me a lot, I notice I have a tougher time when I am not taking it. It is particularly good for the kidneys which in Chinese terms is where the hair strength comes from.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Reducing DHT is not really important. It's the reducing levels of 5-AR that are (rhyme not intended).
The real aim is to reduce levels of 5-alpha reductase by way of natural reduction (not forced reduction by poisoning an enzyme) or in the case of Beta Sitosterol by reducing cholesterol absorption in the gut (okay if in small doses for young people, not much of any advantage in those who are getting older...we need cholesterol).

DHT is inversely correlated with balding...In other words, a low serum DHT is not good.

Additional information:

http://hairevo.com/shop/content/18-the-testosterone-paradox

Natural ways involve some plant and/or sea derived antioxidants (which naturally improve oxidation reduction) and managing prostaglandins such as krill oil. This also reduces 5-AR.

CS, thanks for clarifying this. Guess the takeaway is that 5AR should be reduced systemically through diet, and not through blocking or inhibitory tactics. 'Reduce the reductase' should help me remember that better.

Onto quercetin. This is an interesting study of 2011, might have been posted here before.

"Our results demonstrated that quercetin provided effective treatment for AA (Alopecia Areata) as well as well as prevention of onset of AA ... (in mice)"

An even more interesting quote in light of the recent threads CS has commented on regarding keeping the scalp cool follows.

"Heat Shock Proteins (HSPs) are known to play a role in the inflammatory response. HSPs can act as intercellular signalling molecules promoting the production of inflammatory cytokines and adhesines ... HSP70 when found outside the cell can serve as a 'danger signal' triggering inflammation. Indeed, we have previously demonstrated a correlation between AA and HSP70 expression in a mouse model ... Furthermore, HSP70 has been shown to interact with immunoregulatory T cell populations ... Thus, in this study, we tested the effect of quercetin, an anti-inflammatory and known HSP70 inhibitor."

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12192-011-0305-3#page-1

By the way, in traditional ayurvedic texts, it has always been emphasized that the head and scalp be kept cool, for hair health and more importantly mental health. Herbs for the brain and nervous system, Brahmi to name one, are considered herbs with cooling energy.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2