Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost

+10
nidhogge
Nuada
Gibson
scottyc33
europe
Misirlou
hadrion
slowbutspeeding
angstman
CausticSymmetry
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost Empty Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:11 am

Some months ago, when a brand called Doctor's best (normally very trustworthy) came out with their version of Fibroboost (Ecklonia Cava), they had a slight price advantage.

Anyway I remember Gibson and others mentioned that maybe it's not the same as the Nutricology version. I think they were right.

One of my relatives call me up and told me to take a look at this negative review on Iherb for Doctor's Best version of Fibroboost.

Not as good as Nutricology Fibroboost, March 26, 2009
From Colorado
I have been using Nutricology Fibroboost for MCS for about a year now. I just ordered this brand and find that it is not as effective. I use Fibroboost internally and topically. When I made a topical solution with this brand, it didn't help at all. I recommend Nutricology.

What struck me about this review is that she mentioned that Nutricology worked topically for something whereas Doctor's best did not.

My relative went ahead and ordered Nutricology, which is what I used to use and he also used prior to Doctor's best version.

He just called me up and told that Nutricology is having the initial effect it gave him when he first started it. That effect is the initial tired feeling, which is an indication of better growth hormone release. He did not get this benefit from Doctor's best.

Well that's enough for me, so I will order Nutricology from now on--I don't want to take any chances.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost Empty Re: Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost

Post  angstman Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 am

And I just got a new bottle of Dr's Best. bleh.
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost Empty Re: Switching back to Nutricology Fibroboost

Post  slowbutspeeding Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:15 pm

So that explains it!
I was using Dr. best for awhile and then just happened to get a bottle of nutricology and around that time I felt tired for days on. I suspected it was something else... or just the seasons changing..

slowbutspeeding

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:43 pm

I literally just ordered a bottle of Dr. Bests today too. Ugh.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:52 pm

hadrion - If you got it from iherb, you can email the customer service and they can switch it, worth a shot.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

I just checked my order. They already shipped it out. I had ordered it this afternoon. They are so fast.

I had seen the same review you posted today and it made me think twice but I wanted the better deal so I stuck with Dr.'s Best.

I'll switch it out next round.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:30 pm

This is probably nothing unique for the industry. I tend to notice difference between brands selling the "same" active substance.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 am

What is not unique is that Dr's Best is seanol and Nutricology is Seanol-F .
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 am

europe wrote:What is not unique is that Dr's Best is seanol and Nutricology is Seanol-F .

And the difference is....?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 am

.....still to be discovered !

someone talked about that in a post few month ago about that seanol difference....
to exactly respond the question.
it seems that there's topically differencies for ones, and perhaps internally. But apart the tired initial experience....
I must admit that in my case, and perhaps in CS's and his relative, we both 3 started with nutricoly and switched to Dr's best....but we did not stop few month to see if Dr's best initial appear....see my point ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:35 am

europe - LOL, I think you're right. Anyone want to write to the maufacturer?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:04 am

Seanol is the seaweed: can't patent that name. like if someone tried to patent orange juice.
Seanol-F is the patent for the proprietary extract performed by one company.

Brands like Now, Jarrow, etc. source ingredients from various manufacturers that may or may not hold patents. Often it is more telling to overlook the brand, and see where they have sourced the ingredient from.

I saw a red flag immediately when I didn't see the f after seanol for the Dr. best product. Further research brought me to the patent holder. Since i was already pleased with Seanol-f and I wasn't certain of the quality of the seanol extract being used in Dr. Best, i decided not to switch.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:18 am

In addition, it is worth noting that if a source is not listed, there isn't any insurance that the product will be consistent. The buyers for the brand could switch sources to maximize profits.

Swansons bought US Nutraceuticals, which produces Zanthin, a trademarked version of Asaxanthin. Since they own the manufacturer the sell the product for less. Unfortunately, i cannot gage if it as good as Bio-astin's Asaxanthin.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:21 am

which lead us to the same point....

is there a real difference between these two patent seanol and seanol-F.
I really liked to know what is the difference between those two ? if this is from the same source (ecklonia cava), the same type of seaweed; i'd like to know wtf nutricology has done to this weed to add them the F.... Seanol-Fuck , or Seanol-Friend, or Seanol-Fullshit

Ladies and Gentlemen, i'd like to introduce you our brand new eclkonia cava patent : Seanol-G.

Better than F.

see the point ? (G point ?)
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 am

Europe, I do see your point. It is safe to say that a patent does not indicate superiority. However, the testimonials, in this case, indicate that it may.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:06 am

Also, obviously my first post is flawed regarding my summation of seanol patents, not my area of expertise. but hack-efficient enough to get by.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 pm

damn... I have a full bottle of dr's best...

I only used one battle of nutricology brand, so I can't really make a comparison but I'll order that one nontheless...

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Interesting that you posted this CS since I just read the same a few days ago when I was placing my IHerb order. I've dropped the FibroBoost for a few months now due to cost-cutting, but can't wait to start on it again.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:34 am

How much of the fibroboost are people taking? Is there a amount you want to take each day to be effective?
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:44 am

Hey hapy--

According to CS, the half-life is about 12 hours, so we've been taking 2 capsules a day, spaced roughly 12 hours apart. However, if you can afford it, I'd do 3 capsules a day, roughly 8 hours apart so that you are guaranteed to always be burning a half-life.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:08 am

Funny, I had decided several weeks ago to go back to Nutricology when my current bottle of Doctor's Best was gone. My main reason is that I'd been curious about a slight taper in effectiveness with the last two bottles. (The original bottle I got -- I was one of those who made the switch to Doctor's Best early -- seemed to work great, but the more recent ones haven't seemed to have the same effect.) My decision was confirmed when I had a two-day detox after starting on a new bottle of Nutricology Artimesinin when I had already been on the Doctor's Best version for months. Clearly there was a difference in absorption somehow. Whether this is due to raw materials, testing for bioavailability, capsulation, or any other number of factors, I don't know. In any case, I am going back to Nutricology.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:35 am

that is a witch-hunt guys !!!
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:00 am

It has been two nights with Nutricology Fibroboost and this stuff makes Doctor's best brand, seem like Doctor's worst.

I guess Seanol-F really makes a big difference.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 am

CS - Sexual temptation or sleepy temptation ?

the answer "both" is forbidden...

Personnaly, i've been on nutricoly for 3 months than 2 months Dr's brand.
No visible dfferences....inflammation in the scalp seems to be relieved with both. But i take other things so....
I remember having a funky horny period with fibro and/or maca ( don't remember). Either if it was nutri or doctor's, which makes my post totally useless. But, hey, never had hard on issues, so you probably imagine what it was.

The question is : How many girlfriends i have ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:16 am

europe - LOL....the first thing that got me a little worried was that testimonial taking about how topical nutricology has an effect, yet doctor's best did not.

The sleep feeling, is an indication of extra growth hormone release from the pituitary, and this is definitely a factor in hair loss. If growth hormone release is too low that can make an impact on hair growth.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next