Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc

+4
slowbutspeeding
Nuada
kijumn
Gibson
8 posters

Go down

Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc Empty Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc

Post  Gibson Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:01 am

The notion of "oxygenating the blood" is something that gets referred to quite a bit in the yoga I do. Regardless of being tired or sick, I nearly always walk out of yoga revitalized: candida eradicated, eyes brimming white, skin/hair perfect. In the past, I have regarded this bikram yoga-specific phenomenon as stemming from the profound detox that occurs during a class, now I realize that tissue oxygenation may play the larger role. Here's a link that discusses oxygen therapy in general.

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=19990303161015

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc Empty Re: Oxygen Therapies For Candida, etc

Post  kijumn Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:45 am

That's an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Just to add, I noticed my eyes are extremely white, with no red veins, almost like a childs now that I've finished the bottle of Jarrows modified citrus pectin. That article appears to explain why.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:37 am

Your immune system runs on oxygen. The white blood cells come along and engulf and digest the bacteria. How does it kill it? There is an area of the lymphocyte known as the peroxisome which makes hydrogen peroxide. Every single cell in your body protects itself against bacteria and viruses by making its own hydrogen peroxide. If you have insufficient oxygen, your immune system will not be able to make sufficient hydrogen peroxide which means you will have a chronic deficit of hydrogen peroxide at the cellular level. When you give the body ozone, hydrogen peroxide or stabilized oxygen, or the magnesium peroxide, it signals it to make hydrogen peroxide. When we use oxygen therapies, we just return to you what is missing. Your body heals itself and gets rid of the toxicity.

Sure that is interesting, I wonder if this benefits hair related issues aswell... and I wonder if there are clincs which provide this kind of therapy around.

Thanks for sharing.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  slowbutspeeding Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:24 pm

very interesting and a good read. So in conclusion, how do you practice getting more oxygen in your body? Curtailing ingestion of acidic foods seems like a start but is there anything else?

slowbutspeeding

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Foods high in chlorophyll such as chlorella/spirulina should help oxygenate the blood aswell.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 am

slowbutspeeding wrote:very interesting and a good read. So in conclusion, how do you practice getting more oxygen in your body? Curtailing ingestion of acidic foods seems like a start but is there anything else?

Sounds like Bikram Yoga would be a good way...

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:02 am

I work at a surgery center and the ENT doc was telling me about new research that says breathing through your nose possible increases Nitric Oxide (NO) levels in the lungs. He says this may explain why Yoga can be so good for you.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:49 am

hapyman - i like that !
ironicaly, we are living in a science century where we tomorrow we gonna have a study that proves us that chewing is good, breathing with the nose is excellent ( try to breath with your mouth more than 5 minutes...)) etc....
I'm not a smartass here, believe me, it's just yeah cool, it raises up N.O !
When people will realize that THEY ARE BREATHING, it will be the first step of their real life, with hair !

All i wanna say is that people will want to take Ecava or resveratrol to upregulate their NO because they read it's good. And those same people take their car for everything, do not do sport, and sweat like monkeys whn they take stairs. I realized that more than 90% of people DO NOT KNOW HOW TO BREATH. even those making sports. Just breathing fully 1. our belly, THEN 2. lung ( chop) then 3. collarbone
And even if they know it ( we can learn it in every theater stage, cheap yoga book, physical therapist etc..) HOW MANY DOES IT ?

So yes : Breathe with your nose. And deeply.

But it still good to know that it raises NO, as soon as we DO BREATH.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:57 am

Here is a short list of a few components of Bikram Yoga that may shed some light on how it is helpful--may, or may not, provide explanation. I haven't really investigated specifically through research, but of course I am aware through practice.

The instruction is very specific to only breathe through the nostrils through the 26 postures.

The heat provides an intense cardiovascular element, which of course is extremely low impact.

The heat dialates blood vessles and arteries, thins the blood, and of course promotes detox--google suana.

Blood flow is manipulated by design in the class. Many postures position the head below the heart. Also, blood flow is cut off to various parts of the body, what Bikram calls the tournicate effect, and then released to flush out damaged cartilage, etc--supposed to be very good for joints.

Each posture is punctuated by shavasana, total relaxation, non-movement. Bikram says this is were the body reaps the benefits from the work, think recovery, but a little deeper.

Compression is also a major component, and the thyroid gets compressed in several postures. For compression postures, Bikram instructs that the compression precedes any stretch in terms of importance, so instructors would rather see you sacrifice a stretch to get 100 percent compression. That said, most think yoga is just stretching. Stretching is just one component, the most visible, but not most important. Always form over over depth.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:02 am

The class is bookended by two specific breathing exercises. The first one to oxygenate and expand lung function. the last one to expel toxins from lungs. First one is slow and steady, deep. Last one is quick, forceful and shallow.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:25 am

Gibson-

How often do you do your yoga practice? I've been wanting to get started for a long time now, but I haven't yet because right now I only have the time to attend a class once per week. Is that too infrequent or would that be ok for getting started?

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:20 am

johnt - an ounce of practice is better than a tonne of theory.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Johnt--

Given time constraints (I am obviously biased!) I think it is the most beneficial way you can utilize your time with exercise. In short, you will reap major benefits at once a week, even once every other week.

However, should you choose to deepen your practice, you may find that once a week doesn't cut it.

Also, many studios offer intro specials, like an unlimited week, or two.

All said, I'd approach each class with zero expectations of performance; then you'll benefit 100 percent, regardless of frequency.

All the best.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down