Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I need some help guys! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I need some help guys! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I need some help guys! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I need some help guys! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I need some help guys! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I need some help guys! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I need some help guys! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I need some help guys! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I need some help guys! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I need some help guys!

+2
TrueGround
SlowMoe
6 posters

Go down

I need some help guys! Empty I need some help guys!

Post  SlowMoe Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 am

Ok, so I actually bought a transcutaneous oximeter to experiment with, it was in my budget....What i DIDNT factor in, was the transducer ($1,990) couplant ($140) and adhesive pads ($60).... Sad

If any of you have any spare time, can you help me locate a USED Novametrics oxygen sensor part # 6754-00...Hopefully I can snag one for $200 or so used...

The research possibilities would then be endless because i could experiment with all different types of supplements and stimulation techniques
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

I need some help guys! Empty Re: I need some help guys!

Post  TrueGround Tue May 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Wow man, you're all in on this huh? If I had any idea where to locate such things I'd help out. Very interested in what comes out of your future experimentation, though. Best of luck!

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Tue May 07, 2013 1:09 pm

SlowMoe wrote:Ok, so I actually bought a transcutaneous oximeter to experiment with, it was in my budget....What i DIDNT factor in, was the transducer ($1,990) couplant ($140) and adhesive pads ($60).... Sad

If any of you have any spare time, can you help me locate a USED Novametrics oxygen sensor part # 6754-00...Hopefully I can snag one for $200 or so used...

The research possibilities would then be endless because i could experiment with all different types of supplements and stimulation techniques

What did you buy exactly?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 am

ngb wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:Ok, so I actually bought a transcutaneous oximeter to experiment with, it was in my budget....What i DIDNT factor in, was the transducer ($1,990) couplant ($140) and adhesive pads ($60).... Sad

What did you buy exactly?

A Novametrics model 800 transcutaneous PO2 monitor. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOVAMETRIX-TCO2M-Co2-Monitor-/251196137252?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7c74df24

SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu May 09, 2013 3:26 am

Got it!!!!! Came witht he sensor and everything!!!!! (New $3500+)!!!!!
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu May 09, 2013 6:57 am

I believe this is the first time that anyone will be able to experiment and see the effects of different types of stimulation on tissue oxygen levels, which I firmly believe are a direct indication of growth potential.
cheers
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 am

so glad to hear this Slowmoe, how hard is it to use? When will you be able to post the results?

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

schpiloch123 wrote:so glad to hear this Slowmoe, how hard is it to use? When will you be able to post the results?

I've got the manual, should be able to igure out how to use it in a few minutes...You just put some contact gel on your scalp then tape the sensor....Then it gives you an oxygen reading; the same format as the tests done in the goldman trials. Those trials showed a o2 level in balding individuals of 32mmhg, and 53mmhg in those not balding.

This should be interesting.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Fri May 10, 2013 6:38 am

wow slowmoe this a reslly cool experiment!
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  BlessedBeYaName Fri May 10, 2013 2:26 pm

If this is like a typical pulse ox monitor, it measures the saturation of hemoglobin in arterial blood. It will read 99% if you are relatively young and healthy. Hemoglobin is restricted to the vasculature and does not enter the tissues. I don't think it will be of much help in determining tissue oxygenation.

BlessedBeYaName

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat May 11, 2013 12:18 am

BlessedBeYaName wrote:If this is like a typical pulse ox monitor, it measures the saturation of hemoglobin in arterial blood. It will read 99% if you are relatively young and healthy. Hemoglobin is restricted to the vasculature and does not enter the tissues. I don't think it will be of much help in determining tissue oxygenation.

Completely different.

It measures the pressure of the oxygen in your skin tissue. Hemoglobin saturation is measures in SPO2, this reads in TCPO2 (transcutaneous pressure of oxygen).

It is an extremely effective indicator of the anount of oxygen the skin tissue is receiving art a given time.

Guys with no balding were found to have a TCPO2 of roughly 63mmhg on the sides of their head (non-galea) and 52mmhg (galea)

Guys with hair loss were found to have a TCPO2 of roughly 52mmhg in the non galea region and 32mmhg in balding areas.

There have been studies proving that a mmhg of less than 40 (hypoxia- oxygen deficiency) impairs cellular repair, inhibits keratin production and causes a local overproduction of DHT, since it's compeditor, estradiol, requires a high oxygen environment to form. Therefore if you find a way to get the oxygen levels up, you can theoredically enhance cellular repair, boost keratin production, and lower DHT.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down