Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol

+3
CausticSymmetry
orwell
NewReg
7 posters

Go down

Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol Empty Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol

Post  NewReg Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 am

When started taking Resvertrol with my Curcumin, I literally noticed a "reaction" in my stomach (like a churning). Thereafter, I noticed a detox like effect that didn't take place when I just took the Curcumin alone. There's been some talk about increasing the uptake of Curcumin (warm milk, oil, etc.), and for me, I believe the Resveratrol has helped. (Unless the reaction is nothing more than speedy elimination.)

I just came across this little diddy below and was wondering if you guys thought it might increase absorption (as has been stated, Resveratrol, like Curcumin, has poor internal absorption.

http://supplements.relentlessimprovement.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=relentless&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=643673121&Count2=560813546&CategoryID=709&Target=products.asp

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol Empty Re: Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol

Post  orwell Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 am

Same here Newreg, my stomach has been churning, and actually hurting, since I started taking Resvertrol. I'm going to the loo often. Maybe it's a poor quality batch of Resvertrol? Can anyone offer some advice or do we simply wait for our bodies to normalize?

orwell

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:15 am

orwell - The link didn't come up exactly, but did you mention the mention of emodin of Resveratrol concerning the laxative effect it has?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:57 pm

orwell wrote:Same here Newreg, my stomach has been churning, and actually hurting, since I started taking Resvertrol. I'm going to the loo often. Maybe it's a poor quality batch of Resvertrol? Can anyone offer some advice or do we simply wait for our bodies to normalize?

orwell, I don't know if that's a good sign. I take resveratrol together with curcumin, and have never had that problem. But several years ago, I took some of LEF's curcumin with bioperine, and that stuff made me cramp up terribly, so I stopped using it.

Also, you want to pay close attention to how the other herbs, that you are taking, might interfere with resveratrol, causing your stomach discomfort.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:14 pm

For whatever reason, I can't link direct to the product. It's the second product link on the page. Curious if you think this -- when combined -- could help with absorption of curcumin.

http://supplements.relentlessimprovement.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=relentless&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=913067042&Count2=830207467&CategoryID=709&Target=products.asp

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  orwell Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks guys.

emodin of Resveratrol

I've read about this somewhere - IH isn't the lax side effect related to the quality of Resvertrol?

As far as i can tell it started with the resveratrol; I only added Curcumin like two weeks ago.

I've been taking resvertrol for about 5 weeks now.

This is the brand and blend:

Natures Goodness t – Resveratrol is a synergistic blend of antioxidants, including:

Grape Skin Extract – rich in t – resveratrol and proanthocyanidins. Proanthocyanidins are polyphenol antioxidant bioflavonoids, and have been shown to support vascular health.

Grape Seed Extract – rich source of proanthocyanidins.

Green Tea – high in catechins – polyphenol antioxidant bioflavonoids which display cardio-protective and chemo-protective effects.

Wild Rosella – high in anthocyanins – powerful antioxidant protection from free radicals.
[/quote][quote]

orwell

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:17 am

Some believe the emodin content causes this churning effect. But it very well could be a healthy detoxifcation reaction.

The Natural uses Jarrow Formulas Resveratrol, it's hard to go wrong with Jarrow.

I've been a fan of Now Resveratrol. I've tried both kinds with no problems.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 am

owell,
that combo product sounds a lot like jarrow resveratrol synergy. I can take plain resveratrol without a prob: i've used jarrow and country life, probably others, but that reveratrol synergy product is a nightmare and I will NEVER take even one again. It took me a long time to figure it out, but now I now it turns my healthy gut (here's the drama) into a boaderline IBS sufferer.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm

In my experience, I'm pretty sure it's the emodin. Even a small amount in the 98.7% pure Resveratrol that I had gave me a laxative effect. I've had detox effects before from various things I've tried, and I don't really think it's detox.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Nid - what was your (that) resve brand ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Hey bud,

It wasn't a brand in particular, I bought it straight from a middle-man that sourced it from China. Most Resveratrol floating around is from China. I bought a kilo for $800 back then, but the price has dropped a few hundred since...that was 2 summers ago.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down