Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow

+2
panoslydios
SlowMoe
6 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow Empty Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow

Post  SlowMoe Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2455426
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow Empty Re: Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow

Post  panoslydios Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:54 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6239893
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow Empty Re: Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow

Post  SlowMoe Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 am

panoslydios wrote:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6239893

Yeah I just noticed that one. / Thread
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 am

So does Minox increase blood flow? The study Slow posted said it doesn't and the other one posted said it goes, which one do you believe? :/

Also slow, if minox didn't increase blood flow would that effect how you felt on your theory?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Minox has been shown to work outside of the increase in blood flow via other means such as opening of the potassium ion channel, one study saying nay to the blood flow effects of minoxidil isn't anything to fret over, I personally feel like this is the final piece in the overall puzzle.

It's the way of the world I guess, but we were all looking for some crazy big overarching mechanism that caused the actual degredation of the follice, should have gone back to grade school on this one. Such is life.

I'm never around to say it anymore but a big thanks and congrats to all involved in the manual methods threads, I was worried that with so many of the posters of old slowing down so would progress on the forum, but I'm proven incorrect, you guys have picked up the torch without being asked and just took it to a level many of us wouldn't have based on the biases of some of the "facts" we cling to. Though many of the upstream elements haven't changed in the relevance, it's amazing to see such simple approaches being so effective at combating (and proving the theory) the issue at the site.

Big congrats to all involved, not gonna name you as I'll likely leave a bunch of people out.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Interesting fact, minoxidil does not increase blood flow Empty question and solution

Post  hairbeauty Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:43 pm

What can you do to prevent further loss of tensile properties?
hairbeauty
hairbeauty

http://www.lilyhairextensions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Back in 1999 I used some chinese lotion similar to minox and achieved some hairline regrowth. First vellous, then terminal, yet the terminal hair looked different from the terminal har elsewhere - it looked brittle. Maybe because the follicle matrix had not completely regenerated.

Anyway, when I stopped using the solution, I experienced severe shedding throughout the temples / vertex. My assumption is, this happened because the solution had a vasodilatory effect upon the temples, and extra nutrients were directed there, thereby leaving the surrounding areas deficient.

This hairloss was only temporary, but since 99 my hairline has receded to almost a horseshoe.

P.S. for what it's worth, the chinese lotion had a pamphlet, and it said 'wind evils' were responsible for MPB. I don't know if this meant negative chi energy or actual wind, but many years down the line I do believe that cold wind exposure can cause vasoconstriction to the exposed temples.

In fact I know so. I mentioned before how I began using a pump spray bottle of cold water on my temples. Doing this several times per day for 3 - 4 days caused sudden and severe thinning the following week. So cold air would certainly, although more gradually, induce the same effect.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down