Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Cause of burning sensation on scalp EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cause of burning sensation on scalp

+8
therapeuticglamour
halfempty
Duketronix
ferox
TapItIn
Zaphod
AS54
Mastery
12 posters

Go down

Cause of burning sensation on scalp Empty Cause of burning sensation on scalp

Post  Mastery Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 am

Agh - if it's not fungus on it, it goes very dry and almost burns...

All I did was 2 minutes of LLLT and then showered with aloe vera. F&*K

What could be the underlying condition?
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Cause of burning sensation on scalp Empty Re: Cause of burning sensation on scalp

Post  Mastery Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 am

I am thinking short chain fatty acid deficiency

I just put 2 drops of jojoba oil on it and it feels less burning...

Any thoughts?

Also Duke and others, how do you apply your over night oil?
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Cause of burning sensation on scalp Empty Re: Cause of burning sensation on scalp

Post  AS54 Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 am

Fungus could be a possibility, at which point I would try an OTC anti-fungal, perhaps even a vaginal one like Gyne-Lotrimin or Monistat. I've read one pretty convincing story of a guy who cleared up Tinea Versicolor using Monistat mixed in vinegar.

Other possibilities are a sensitization of the nerves in the region due to previous exposure to allergen. If one becomes sensitized to any ingredient in any type of cosmetic/topical product, the nerves can become overly sensitize to exposure to other types of chemicals too. And this also applies to the vasculature, so any allergens in the circulation can create this effect.

Lastly, if you find that this sensation comes after eating spicy foods, entering a hot room/weather, during/after exercise, or a hot shower, its probably due to histamine release and you are probably releasing an excess of ACTH during activity or in response to heat stimulus. Could be deficient in B-vitamins. A *natural* B complex might help out big time. CS has recommended the one from Thorne Research before. It ain't cheap though dammit.

http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Basic-B-Complex-60-Veggie-Caps/18791?wm_crID=14429809&wm_lpID=62973196&wm_ctID=453&wm_kwID=43855782&wm_mtID=3&wm_content=0&wm_g_crID=19330588152&wm_g_kw=thorne+research+b+complex&wm_g_pcmt=&wm_g_cnt=0&gclid=CPLE_Lvnw7YCFcNaMgodW28Acg&wm_kw=thorne+research+b+complex&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=thorne+research+b+complex&utm_campaign=brand+-+thorne+research+-+u%2Es%2E&wm_sd=1
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:17 pm

It's not just basic B complex, it's more than it as it sources are smartly chosen over more regular appearing ones in the products...

However it might be cheaper to get those B's bought separately and taking care of it with food for longer term usage. For biotin, egg yorks are very good source. Egg in the basket is great meal for biotin, since it kills avidin, which bind to it otherwise. For folate, activated forms are prefered. Actifolate is imo best source, also thorne and some others have it to buy seperately. Folic acid is not the same, and i doubt it's of any benefit at all. For B6, pyroxidin as p5p is prefered than pyrodixine chlorine form. But best thing is to take both. Niacinamide over normal niacin, etc. Also coffe is doing some detox. For B5, royal jelly add other benefits beside pantothenic acid...

It has to be used together to get the maximum benefit. Also magnesium, zinc and molybdenum are needed.

If some has symptoms of pyroluria, this is definitely worth looking into as the addressing the source of inflammation more aggressively is...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:25 pm

I am having the same problem with the dry and burning scalp! It is terrible!

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 am

try this: Mix 1/2 tbl.spoon pumpkinseedoil with 1/2 tbl.spoon emu oil. Massage it in your scalp very well for several minutes and leave it over night. Wash out in the morning. Burning should dissappear by 90% after first application.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 am

Yes, I think oil is a very good way to go & less intense use of LLLT
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:32 am

for my oils right now I use coconut, castor, emu and sometimes a bit of olive. I just warm it up (very slightly) in a pan and then transfer it to a little dish and then part the hair or lean forward with my head between my legs and put it on the scalp. I only need to do this because my hair is fairly long. Then I just rinse it out in the morning after the gym.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 am

I think that attentional biases play a huge part in this as well.

If you are hyper-vigilant to the sensations you experience on your scalp, you are going to increase your perception of them.

For instance, you are on the look out for sensations, you feel something and you go "F&*K I thought I had my inflammation under control! I am losing the battle!" You are going to feel the sensations more, then you are going to get anxious, the sensations will increase, you will get more upset, etc.

My scalp inflammation greatly improved when I stopped giving so much of my attention to it.

I think this is one of the factors involved.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 am

Hey Mastery,

Does the burning and stinging happen on your forehead as well? I have it on my forehead, hairline and scalp.... The thing is, there doesn't seem to be any inflammation, at least not on my forehead. I wonder what it could be ???

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Cause of burning sensation on scalp Empty Astressin B topical

Post  Mastery Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Duketronix wrote:for my oils right now I use coconut, castor, emu and sometimes a bit of olive. I just warm it up (very slightly) in a pan and then transfer it to a little dish and then part the hair or lean forward with my head between my legs and put it on the scalp. I only need to do this because my hair is fairly long. Then I just rinse it out in the morning after the gym.

Duke - how do you apply it and how much? Also doesn't your pillowcase look like hell?

have you tried this yet - http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/DS-Laboratories-Spectral-F7-Astressin-B-Topical-Solution-2-fl-oz-60-ml/39351/?p=1

I am ordering it...
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 pm

halfempty wrote:I think that attentional biases play a huge part in this as well.

If you are hyper-vigilant to the sensations you experience on your scalp, you are going to increase your perception of them.

For instance, you are on the look out for sensations, you feel something and you go "F&*K I thought I had my inflammation under control! I am losing the battle!" You are going to feel the sensations more, then you are going to get anxious, the sensations will increase, you will get more upset, etc.

My scalp inflammation greatly improved when I stopped giving so much of my attention to it.

I think this is one of the factors involved.

These are wise words. This weekend I may have made a shift in that every time I let my mind go there, stop it and do something I enjoy or I know will be good for me - a state changer, green vegetable juice, run, handstands, Tai chi, sex, etc.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 pm

TapItIn wrote:Hey Mastery,

Does the burning and stinging happen on your forehead as well? I have it on my forehead, hairline and scalp.... The thing is, there doesn't seem to be any inflammation, at least not on my forehead. I wonder what it could be ???

Yes and no. I get the headache son my forehead almost all the time, as a result of a car crash. But no a burning sensation. I think I just over did the LLLT
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:51 am

Can't say I've ever tried that product Mastery.
Sounds interesting but isn't something I know enough about to really weigh in on.

As for application I just use my fingers and rub it on my scalp after parting the hair or I bend forward so my hair hangs down and then go up through the hair and use fingertips to apply. Oddly enough I haven't had any problems at all with my pillow cases. I get it good and covered but I don't soak it and I usually put it on maybe 30 mins before I actually put my head down. It still looks oiled when I go to bed but somehow I just haven't noticed any grease on my pillow. IDK why?

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  therapeuticglamour Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:17 am

I'm having problems like that too. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my dandruff.

therapeuticglamour

http://www.therapeuticglamour.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:20 am

Hey Mastery,

Keep us updated on the stinging/burning sensation. I have the same thing and I'm trying to figure it out!

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  JuniorDavis Mon May 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Hey I just want to say I'm dealing with something similar.

Mine gets worse when I smoke cannabis.

I come down from the high and then boom I get these deep headaches. Localized in 1 spot. I will push down on my scalp and it feels bruised.

Now I didn't think this was scalp/hair related. I got my wisdom tooth removed and everything.

The thing is it started after I smoked some moldy outdoor bud. My left temporal artery started protruding and there was inflammation in the vein and the sore pain on my top left scalp.

The only thing that helps me is home made colloidal silver with some shampoo. After an hour or so the pain disappears. Even the deep headache feeling!

I'm not sure what's going on. Whether it's fungal or something else but I'm determined to figure it out.

It hurts when I pull the hair and my scalp feels really sensitive. Almost like a soft spot feeling..

I tend to get it in the frontal lobe.

It itches and burns and then I mess around with it and it gets worse. When I went to the ER they diagnosed it as Psoriasis and said to leave it alone but it's kinda tough.

JuniorDavis

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 am

I have extreme inflammation.. gets oily and lots of sebum especially in the crown area...

Just back from a haircut, the area is now completely bald. The skin looks red and still itches.. sucks at 23 and the fact that I have quite a round head..

anyways, younger and more aggressive MPB sufferers suffer more inflammation. It's the final stage of the MPB process. Many things speed inflammation up, no need to explain them but stress is possibly the biggest factor. The more you stress the more inflamed your scalp will become. Unfortunately this is very hard to avoid especially at a young age when you are losing your hair. It's a vicious circle.

I have no option but to embrace it. I'm just going to have to take all the awkward stares, demeaning comments and self induced anxiety and just move on. The most awkward part is meeting people you haven't meet in a long time..

Without going off in a tangent anyways three things I have noticed that calmed Inflammation are:

1. Alcohol

Literally every time I drink alcohol, within the first 1-2 bottles of beer, my inflammation completely subsides. It's either Vasolidation, hormones or stress relief that causes this in my opinion. I'd love to know the correct answer though.

2. Baking soda

I believe it's down to the fact that it dissolves sebum build up. Relief doesn't last very long.

3. Iodine

Inflammation completely subsided on my first few days of Iodine. Extreme side effects followed including frighting heart palpitations etc. No option but to quit it. Especially since most mainstream health proffesionals say not to use it. Its not a bromide detox or whatever, well in my case anyways. I can't even consume half a drop now without having a anxiety attack or palpitations. Something which I never experienced before Iodine.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 am

I see people mention intake of alcohol reduce inflammation, and I think it may be a psychological thing...

relaxing the mind has many wonders ... and over thinking some things can easily double
a problem. I've also read that through thought, our nerves can become hyper-sensitive, and then we touch/scratch which leads to an increase in the 'physical' problem.

Decro have you stuck to a regime or currently on one?
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:11 pm

I think if there's significant scalp inflammation or pain that OTC treatments aren't helping much, the next step should be a visit to a dermatologist. [/common sense] It's always a good idea to know what is causing the problem.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:47 pm

For me i think diet is major when trying to control my scalp spots:bump/acne outbreaks. Just recently I spent a week eating loads of processed food, sweets etc... And it's flared right back up. I'm going to remove all this and will report back.
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down