Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to mpb

3 posters

Go down

huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb Empty huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to mpb

Post  Xenon Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 am

ok, i sit with my legs crossed so my left calf is pressed on my right knee (yes, i sit like a woman). anyway - to my surprise - i got out of the shower and noticed a huge bald patch above the left calf muscle, yet none on the right. also, the skin feels a little inflamed where the hair has gone.

i do admit that i spend way too long with my calf muscle pressed on my knee, so i surmise that the follicles have been so compressed, that oxygen / nutrient delivery has been drastically lowered.

so, if this can happen to the calf area, then maybe - during sleep - hours of pillow compression to the galea region can also lower oxygen / nutrient delivery to scalp follicles? I'd also say the same would be true of tight headwear.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb Empty Re: huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to mpb

Post  Quisque Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:27 pm

I can't bear sitting like this but have a bald patch on my left calf as well. I have seen many guys (both balding and non-balding) with it and don't think it's much of an issue.

On the other hand, compression to the galea region during sleep was discussed here recently and some guys agreed with this theory. I am used to sleeping on my side so I tried back-sleeping, but it's so unnatural to me that I had to stop due to sleeping issues I started to suffer from.

Quisque

Back to top Go down

huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to  mpb Empty Re: huge amount of hairloss above left calf muscle... may also apply to mpb

Post  987 Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 am

I believe you are looking in the right direction as far as oxygen delivery is concerned, in which I believe to be one of the most important factors, however, even if your observations with your calf were some how relevant, I really dont think anything said here is going to make a difference as far as scalp hair loss is concerned, especially when all the other factors of this process are taken into account. Besides when you are laying down sleeping is the best time of the day for your hair anyways, and Id be willing to bet that simply having your head parallel with your heart as you lay would make up overall for any compression you are assuming is taking place.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down