Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?..

+4
gdfghh
tonyj
Nuuu_Dx
Decro435
8 posters

Go down

Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. Empty Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?..

Post  Decro435 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:17 am

So I weirdly just discovered the power of steak. I feel great after eating steak. At the moment I eat rib-eye steak medium rare which is cooked on a frying pan with coconut oil. I usually throw in a few vegetables also. The other three day of the week would be fish cooked similarly..

Anyway, are there any downsides to eating steak this often. I've been led to believe that rib-eye steak is a lean cut of beef and therefore less damaging than other steaks. Also, don't bring the meat being grass-fed or not into the equation.

Eggs every morning also healthy?. And while I'm at it is one coffee a day bad?.

Cheers.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. Empty Re: Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?..

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:28 am

If it makes you feel good physically (not just psychologically) then I cant see it being bad for you, your body will let you know if something is doing you harm.

Like last wednesday I had a wild moment and decided to pig out on ice cream and chocolate cake and choc biscuits, the following 3 days after that I felt terrible.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?.. Empty Re: Is it healthy to eat steak 4 times a week?..

Post  tonyj Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 am

Grass-feed cows that are not subjected to injected steroids or antibiotics is best if you are going to eat steak often, otherwise I would not eat the steak on a regular basis since there is a possibility that both steroids and antibiotic will end up in your system.

Eating eggs in the morning according to Timothy Ferris, eating eggs within 30 mins of waking up will help you reduce your weight and give you a sense of fullness. Doesn't have to bee eggs, could be steak or any animal protein.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 am

As a Peatarian, the biggest issues I see with muscle meats are the high amounts of tryptophan and the high amount of phosphorus in relation to calcium. In my case, it's easily balanced with ground eggshells and gelatin eaten with the meal. And of course having carbohydrate with any protein.

If you feel it's working for you, I don't see reason to quit though. I typically feel pretty good after a steak dinner but not if I have it too often.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatius Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:17 pm

I would think so, it provides you with vitamin A, and some essential amino acids you wont get out of plant protein

Red meat contains a lot of iron, which is an essential element for men's health. however, I have excessive levels in my blood so I have to watch out because it can cause too much oxidation.
Therefore I strongly advise you to never drink fruit juice when eating steak: vitamin C increases the absorption of Iron, so that could dangerously elevate the iron in your blood, if you already have a pretty high concentration.
Women do not have this problem since they menstruate,, and loose some blood every month or so, excreting excess iron.

A solution to prevent absorption of iron while eating red meat: phytic acid (phytate) is an anti-nutrient that blocks the absorption of metals such as zinc magnesium and iron. it can be found in grains, beans and nuts. Overall, that is a major reason why commercially processed grains can leave somebody deficient in minerals. but, in this case you could eat a couple of almonds or walnuts before you attack that big chunk of meat and no worries about the iron, that is what I do Smile

greetings

Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 am

And while I'm at it is one coffee a day bad?

I used to think coffee ought to be completely avoided but if you really enjoy it and use moderately, that ought to be fine.
Organic coffee is preferable of course. Coffee is one of the most heavily sprayed crops.

Another thing you could do is stir in a spoonful or so of blackstrap molasses. It actually tastes pretty good and helps compensate for
some of the detrimental effects of coffee.

Edit: just found this. Coffee for thought!

healthinsurgence.com/2012/03/29/super-coffee-powers-without-super-caffeination/

Super Coffee Powers – without Super Caffeination

2012/03/29

Alkalizing, Energy, Nutrition, Uncategorized, Unveiling, Vegan

I love coffee. Real coffee. I love the taste, the smell, the ritual of grinding the beans and brewing a pot. And yes I love the kick. But I’m not a slave to caffeine.

I know I’m not alone in this coffee love affair. So if I’m gonna drink it, how can I make it into the ultimate tonic that sustains me long after any sad energy attempt made a caffeine overdose? (Skip down for my custom concoction or read on for a little back story).

As I go further down the health train tracks coffee comes into question. Every time I think of giving it up some new positive news emerges about it, but I admit, it’s probably not the BEST thing to put into my body… or maybe it is? Ask me next month when I read whatever evidence emerges pointing to the positive or negative.

I do believe that what will not change is supporting evidence that raw green coffee beans, ground up and taken as an herbal supplement, are extremely beneficial, but the roasting process eliminates a lot of those qualities.

I actually don’t have a huge caffeine problem, and let me let you in on a little secret. There are a lot more ways to get and sustain your energy throughout the day. I’ve been down that train before, and adding more caffeine just leaves you feeling spent, jittery, dehydrated, and, well, TIRED, and doesn’t that defeat the purpose? Tired is not something I have to deal with much anymore. This is thanks to running on a “full tank” of vitamins, nutrients, superfoods and herbs that keep the gears turning, fighting off infection and even reducing inflammation.

This has been put to the test recently as I injured my shoulder and arm pretty badly. Much worse than I initially realized. Because of it I’ve had intense shooting pains and pinched nerves that send irritating spasms on various parts of my arm for two months now. It’s getting better, but it caused me to barely sleep for two months, but getting through the day is still no problem. Yes, part of that’s the pain, but I still have more stable energy during the day than I ever did when I was 25. And as an aside, I haven’t even come close to getting sick while most around me have been catching the typical winter bugs, despite my sleep deprivation.

So rather than go into how I came up with this witches brew, let me jump into the ingredients and then I can explain why everything’s there. It may sound like a lot but I have all of these ready to go right by my coffee maker, and it takes less than a minute. Well worth the energy that lasts all day.

FOR A POT OF COFFEE OF APPROXIMATELY 4 CUPS to serve multiple people (quick version)

- COFFEE: Fresh ground organic fair trade coffee beans

- TRACE MINERAL DROPS: (about 2 droppers full per pot of coffee)

- SHILAJIT: 1/2 teaspoon

- MUCUNA PURIENS:1/2 teaspoon

- HIMALAYAN PINK SALT: couple shakes / just a dash

- TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS SAPONINS: 1/2 teaspoon

- CHIA SEEDS, RAW ORGANIC: tablespoon

- COCONUT OIL: tablespoon

- CAYENNE POWDER, ORGANIC: teaspoon

Okay, here’s the detailed list of WHYS:

- COFFEE: Fresh ground organic fair trade coffee beans – it’s important to me that these are organic, because coffee is one of the “red flag” foods that is exposed to the highest amounts of toxins & pesticides when grown conventionally. I’ve also noticed a minor sinus irritation when I drink most coffee, but not when I drink organic.

- TRACE MINERAL DROPS: (about 2 droppers full per pot of coffee) : My biggest problem with coffee is that it’s acidic, and if you read this blog, you know we need to be more on the alkaline side to prevent all forms of sickness and chronic ailments. Adding highly alkaline mineral drops helps cut that acidity down… AND IT TASTES BETTER TOO.

- SHILAJIT: 1/2 teaspoon: This herb comes from the side of a mountaintop that literally secretes it from the rocks, filtered for hundreds of millions of years, and is shown to break down calcifications in the body. It is full of numerous, high concentrations of minerals and is known in ancient Indian medicine as “Conqueror of Worlds”. Sounds like something good for super-coffee! Seriously, the acidity in coffee (much worse in soda pop) is guilty of creating many of these calcifications so the shilajit/trace mineral combo is a winnner.

- MUCUNA PURIENS:1/2 teaspoon: This provides L-Dopa enabling the brain to produce as much dopamine, boosting your mood and sense of well being, without the side-effects of drugs. Since your brain is actually producing the chemical, you get a natural feel good boost, rather than jamming it into your system only to be depleted later… and your brain only makes as much as it wants.

- HIMALAYAN PINK SALT: couple shakes / just a dash: this is just so rich in minerals (over 50) that a small pinch goes well in any drink. It’s not supposed to taste like salt, hence the very small quantity.

- TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS SAPONINS: 1/2 teaspoon: Similar to how mucuna provides L-dopa, this gives the body the raw materials to produce testosterone. This in turn can give you energy and vitality, and also quell estrogen imbalances that plague both women and men. In turn, it does not force the body to make testosterone, and does not have the side effects of hormone drugs/therapies.

- CHIA SEEDS, RAW ORGANIC: tablespoon: Yes, these are the same seeds used to grow green sheep wool and green afros on cheap ceramic statues of POTUS, but they’re also high in Omega 3s. Not only do we need good fats, but we need a good RATIO of those good fats, mostly between Omega 6 and 3. Omega 6 is easier to come by, so chia seeds are an easy, rather tasteless way to get that fat. They’re also full of vital enzymes and life force, as are most seeds. And they are also a gelatinous source of plant food; when wet they form a gel that moves through your track, aids waste elimination, and attract to and pull out toxins along the way.

- COCONUT OIL: Raw Cold Pressed or Centrifuged: tablespoon: Full of more great omega 3s, great for aiding brain function, full of lauric acid which breaks down impurities in the body, anti-viral, anti-fungal, works to clean your system… there are literally books written on the benefits of coconut oil. If it’s not cold-pressed then most of these qualities have been destroyed though and you’re just eating fat.

- CAYENNE POWDER, ORGANIC: teaspoon: Cayenne is shown to aid in reducing inflammation, increasing circulation, and fighting off infections. AND it gives your coffee an awesome kick that will surely get you going.

So try this and you may find yourself no longer content with a regular cup of java. I know that now when I just grab a cup on the rare occasion without any of these additions, it’s just not the same!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:06 pm

found this on another post:

BONE BROTH IS HOT! Ray Peat, Chris Kresser, Matt Stone, Chris Masterjohn, Sean Croxton, Sally Fallon — they're all doing it.

What's the big deal you ask? It depends on whom you're asking. Sally Fallon would say that bone broth is nutrient-dense treat.

Ray Peat would explain that the amino acids methionine, cysteine, and tryptophan that are found in large amounts in muscle meat, have an anti-metabolic effect. Peat suggests that balancing muscle meat with a rich source of gelatin counters the negative effects of methionine, cysteine and tryptophan leading to a more efficient metabolism (healthy thyroid).

Peat and Sally both have some great points, but I'm more interested in bone broth (gelatin) to see if it has any benefits for those with hair loss. So far it appears that the digestive enhancing, anti-stress and gut restoring qualities might make gelatin a worth-wild part of your hair loss regimen.
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t6251-reversing-hairloss-and-general-health-add-bone-broths-to-your-diet

so i'm guessing start taking gelatin with it? im not sure how accurate this is or if anyone has more info on it. i'm wondering if high protein can be countered by taking lots of iodine?

here's another thing on the gelatin found elsewhere, its ray peat stuff also:

Proteins: Daily protein should be at least 80 grams, preferably 100 if you are working or otherwise active. An egg has about 6 grams, a quart of milk about 32 grams, meat, cheese, and fish are usually about 20% protein, so a pound would be enough for a day. It's important to have fruit or other carbohydrate with the protein for efficient metabolism. Milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish are good protein sources, and potato protein is high in quality, if the potato is very well cooked and eaten with butter or cream. Although potatoes contain only about 2% protein, a kilogram of potato has roughly the protein value of a liter of milk (which is 3% protein), because of its high quality. Unless you are buying eggs from a verified grass-fed, free range source he recommends limiting them to one or two a day, and making sure to have plenty of carbohydrate around the same time.

Meats like ground beef, steak, liver, and pork chops are rich in cysteine, which “turns off” the thyroid gland as soon as your body uses up it’s glycogen and ideally shouldn't be your main source of protein. Muscle meats such as chicken/turkey breasts should be eaten with the gelatin it comes with, or supplemental gelatin (see below), to balance out an anti-thyroid amino acid called tryptophan (which is also found in whey protein formulations). Traditionally, muscle meats are eaten with the fat, skin and the gelatin that they come with, so this is mostly an issue in first-world countries where we have protein powders and pure muscle meats readily available. Chicken liver contains such a small amount of fat it's okay to have in addition to or instead of beef liver (which should be consumed weekly). Pork or chicken once a week is okay if your metabolic rate (thyroid function) is good. When chicken is stewed, gelatin from the skin is valuable, and much of the fat can be skimmed off. With any of the muscle meats, including fish, gelatin is helpful for balancing the high cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan content. Regarding bacon, Peat says, “The nitrate isn't likely to be a problem if you eat it with orange juice. I fry the bacon to remove some of the fat, and then refry it in coconut oil, to remove most of the PUFA.”

Fatty fish like salmon and herring should be avoided because their fat content is mostly unsaturated; as a general rule, cold blooded animals like fish tend to produce unsaturated fats while warm blooded animals like cows and pigs tend to produce saturated and monounsaturated fats. Cod and sole are good fish, since they have the marine minerals (especially selenium), but low fat content. Tuna is good as protein, but the fat it contains is highly polyunsaturated; eating once a week, especially with homemade coconut mayo should be safe.of course

Regarding his recommendation of daily gelatin: For an adult, gelatin can be a major protein in the diet, since the need for cysteine and tryptophan decreases greatly when growth slows. Ox-tail soup (boiled for 4 or 5 hours) and lamb shanks have a good proportion of gelatin. I think most stores have gelatin in one pound packages or bigger, for example Great Lakes gelatin is usually around $11 per pound. If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5–10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance. Asian grocery stores are likely to sell some of the traditional gelatin-rich foods, such as prepared pig skin and ears and tails, and chicken feet. Although the prepared powdered gelatin doesn't require any cooking, dissolving it in hot water makes it digest a little more quickly. It can be incorporated into custards, mousses, ice cream, soups, sauces, cheese cake, pies, etc., or mixed with fruit juices to make desserts or (with juice concentrate) candies.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=419742

i actually started doing this, adding gelatin to when i eat grass fed beef, when i read this, which is why i posted this here. anyone else chime in with info on this?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  my1doc199 Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:55 pm

In my opinion, you might want to look for more nutritious sources of protein. For Ex. fish is the better choice rather than eating steak 4-5 times per week

my1doc199

http://www.mycitydoctor.in

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down