Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Facial symmetry EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Facial symmetry EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Facial symmetry EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Facial symmetry EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Facial symmetry EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Facial symmetry EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Facial symmetry EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Facial symmetry EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Facial symmetry EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Facial symmetry

5 posters

Go down

Facial symmetry Empty Facial symmetry

Post  Lw Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi everybody.

This has nothing to do in particular with hairloss, but have you ever heard about face dissymmetry and the thyroid ?

From a holistic point of view, thyroids health is linked with face symmetry.
I don't know really if this is a theory, as I've read this as a statement without any kind of source (saying this is sourcable)

I have a slightly dissymmetric face. Which I haven't as a child (I'm amazed to see how perfectly symetric I was as a kidd!!).

Can we achieve facial symmetry by "detoxing" ?

Lw

Back to top Go down

Facial symmetry Empty Re: Facial symmetry

Post  TrueGround Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:02 pm

What you heard is likely BS.

Trying to change the symmetry of your appearance via detox sounds highly unlikely, and would make absolutely no sense to me if that were a way to do it.

If you suspect thyroid imbalance, use the search at top right of this site for topics.

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Well all I know is that I had a perfect symetry face as a child.
What's the reason being disymmetric today ?

This has to do with something, and that something is evidently the endocrines.

QED

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Masturbation could be another cause. I really feel it has something to do with it.
Happeh theories on masturbation not only say it provoke asymmetry, but that it shrinks the body.

Has anybody else something to say on this question ?
Thanks.

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 pm

My face has become asymmetrical since childhood also. It was either from my braces as a teen or from poor oral habits (breathing through mouth as a child) and I have asymmetrical tongue movements (when I speak etc). I also sleep on one side of my face.

Have you heard of homeoblock? Whether it works I don't know, but it's basic principle is that poorly developed bone can remodel itself given the correct mechanical forces, just like bad forces (such as thumb sucking) can cause a bad shape (open bite).

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:34 am

missymoo wrote:My face has become asymmetrical since childhood also. It was either from my braces as a teen or from poor oral habits (breathing through mouth as a child) and I have asymmetrical tongue movements (when I speak etc). I also sleep on one side of my face.

Have you heard of homeoblock? Whether it works I don't know, but it's basic principle is that poorly developed bone can remodel itself given the correct mechanical forces, just like bad forces (such as thumb sucking) can cause a bad shape (open bite).

Hello..

Never heard about homeoblock. My teeth are perfectly aligned btw.
My asymetry does only concern the eye area. I have a slight strabismus, while my eyes were perfectly straight as a child. Once again.

What you said about thumb sucking seems logical. My cousin sucked her thumb up to 11 years old, she had terrible teeth problems. Orthodentistry tortured her Very Happy

Last but not least, what you said about sleep position sounds so true ! I personally sleep only on the stomach, right side of the face in the mattress. Never tought about that.. I'll try to change that bad habit since that's exactly the part of my side who's distorted.

Check this one Very Happy

http://breakthematrix.org/therapy/endonasal

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 am

There have been researchers who have commentedon this before. There was one case of a child who was symmetrical and cuts and happy, and then by the time he was 10-11 he became very assymterical and it was discovered it was due to allergies. Apparently he was sleeping with his guinea pig and that affected his facial development.

Catherine Shanahan talks about facial development in her amazing book "Deep Nutrition" and she confirms that nutrients, and thyroid play an important role in facial development and one structure - however once we're past puberty/middle teen it's mostly unchange-able. Not in the sense that you can't absorb or get the proper nutrients, just that your bones/jaw/face are set and won't change again unless you opt for surgery or orthodontry/dentistry.

You should still detox though, even though it won't change your face.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am

What is slight Strabimus? I thought I had strabimus after a friend of mine told me my eye veered off when I was drinking. Only when I was drinking. But from my observation I see that happen to alot of people when they are piss drunk lol. So I went to the eye doctor and did the cover test and all that other stuff and the doctor said I didn't have strabimus, and said my left eye is a few milimeters off and that no one is perfectly symmertrical with their eyes.

And as for face some people have one cheek bigger then the other, or so I heard...

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down