Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Questions for Caustic symmetry. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions for Caustic symmetry.

4 posters

Go down

Questions for Caustic symmetry. Empty Questions for Caustic symmetry.

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:05 am

1 A few questions for Caustic Symmetry...

2 Is it even ok to eat in Asian restaurants once in a week or am I better off avoiding it altogether? I am worried because of the msg these Chinese and Japanese restaurants have in most of their foods.

3 I just started having Natrol's Maca root 10 days back. I am having 1500 mg a day divided in three doses. Do I need to cycle this product? If so, how? Do I need to increase the dosages?

4 What is your opinion on Toco-8? One or two scoops a day? Are there any better and cheaper alternatives which are available in Vitamin shoppe?

5 Is whey protein damaging for hair? Can one have it postworkout?

6 Am I better off having R-ALA and ALC before or after meals? What should be the time duration if I have them before meals.?Does the same thing apply to l-Taurine too?

Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Questions for Caustic symmetry. Empty Re: Questions for Caustic symmetry.

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 am

Nocturnalhorse - Vitamin Shoppee and other retail establishments charge more than on line retailers. Some food for thought, plus they do not offer a full selection.

Many Asian restaurant will post if there's no MSG, or you could ask. At a nice Japanese restaurant, I don't even worry about it--because usually there is none.

Cycling for Maca? I'm not sure. Are you taking it for adrenal improvement or other reason?

My opinion on Toco-8 is that it's too expensive. I would suggest instead to use this:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Toco-Sorb-Mixed-Tocotrienols-and-Vitamin-E-60-Softgels/137?at=0

The reason is that it's identical to the patent and the price is a lot more attractive.

Is whey protein damaging for hair? For the most part I no. Whey protein provides a nice boost of glutathione. In most cases the benefits outweigh the negatives.

ALC and ALA (or stablilized R-LA) can be taken together with or without a meal, however it is much preferable to take just before eating. I would not recommend taking it after, because it eliminates most of the benefit (blunting the insulin/glucose effect from the food as well as the oxidative stress).

Taurine is best taken prior to the meal for the same purposes.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Nocturnalhorse - Vitamin Shoppee and other retail establishments charge more than on line retailers. Some food for thought, plus they do not offer a full selection.

Many Asian restaurant will post if there's no MSG, or you could ask. At a nice Japanese restaurant, I don't even worry about it--because usually there is none.

Cycling for Maca? I'm not sure. Are you taking it for adrenal improvement or other reason?

My opinion on Toco-8 is that it's too expensive. I would suggest instead to use this:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Toco-Sorb-Mixed-Tocotrienols-and-Vitamin-E-60-Softgels/137?at=0

The reason is that it's identical to the patent and the price is a lot more attractive.

Is whey protein damaging for hair? For the most part I no. Whey protein provides a nice boost of glutathione. In most cases the benefits outweigh the negatives.

ALC and ALA (or stablilized R-LA) can be taken together with or without a meal, however it is much preferable to take just before eating. I would not recommend taking it after, because it eliminates most of the benefit (blunting the insulin/glucose effect from the food as well as the oxidative stress).

Taurine is best taken prior to the meal for the same purposes.

Thanx for the reply, after reading some of your's, Prague's and Dr William Wong's posts on Maca I decided to add it in my hair loss regime. I have been only having it since last 10 days. I read on how it could have a positive effect on prostate and testosterone.

Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:19 am

Any good colon cleanse formula that I can order from I-herb??
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 pm

1 Does consumption of Krill oil cause crown shedding? or am I better off taking Nordic naturals fish oil??

2 I have been using evening primerose oil as my GLA source. Which out of the three would you suggest and what dosage?
A) Evening primerose oil b) Black currant oil c) Borage oil.

Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm

I also had a question in regards to Minoxidil. I have been using minoxidil for more than 8 years and about a few months back shifted to Rogaine foam. I don't know about regrowth especially with the disastrous lifestyle that I had but it has definitely helped me to retain most of my hair. Is there any topical which is better than minoxidil for the crown area??
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Nocturnalhorse wrote:1 Does consumption of Krill oil cause crown shedding? or am I better off taking Nordic naturals fish oil??

2 I have been using evening primerose oil as my GLA source. Which out of the three would you suggest and what dosage?

Krill oil is superior to fish oil.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Nocturnalhorse - Minoxidil only masks the symptoms of elevated aldosterone. To correct this, sodium, magnesium and potassium can be in proper balance. Or managing blood sugar levels.

Krill oil does not cause shedding, I've used it for six years. It's vastly superior to fish oil like scottyc33 mentioned.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:45 pm

scottyc33 wrote:
Nocturnalhorse wrote:1 Does consumption of Krill oil cause crown shedding? or am I better off taking Nordic naturals fish oil??

Krill oil is superior to fish oil.

Appreciate the response.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Nocturnalhorse - Minoxidil only masks the symptoms of elevated aldosterone. To correct this, sodium, magnesium and potassium can be in proper balance. Or managing blood sugar levels.

Krill oil does not cause shedding, I've used it for six years. It's vastly superior to fish oil like scottyc33 mentioned.

Caustic Symmetry! Since past 10 days I have been managing my blood sugar levels by doing the following...

1 A protein-fat diet coupled with lots of veggies and liberal amount of fruits.
2 I have eliminated gluten and casein from my diet completely.
3 Same goes for sweets.
4 I don't have any cheat days (junk food) on weekends anymore.
5 I stopped my beer intake ( weekends ) and replaced it with red wine.
6 I am also having R-ALA and ALC combo before my meals alongside all the other necessary IH recommended supplements.
7 I workout regularly incorporating everything from cardio ( long distance and HIT ), calisthenics and yoga. Planning on starting with weights soon.

So far so good....I also have plenty of red meat so I presume that I must be getting sufficient magnesium from my diet.

In regards to topical is it magensium oil that you suggest? Should it be stand alone or mixed with something like potassium etc??
I primarily am looking for thickening in the crown region and boosting overall density of hair.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Guys does it make any difference what kind of Maka we use ?
I used Natureways maca for some time and now I oredered NOW maca 500mg. Would there be any difference ? Also the correct dosage is 1500 mg a day right ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 am

Nocturnalhorse wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Nocturnalhorse - Minoxidil only masks the symptoms of elevated aldosterone. To correct this, sodium, magnesium and potassium can be in proper balance. Or managing blood sugar levels.

Caustic Symmetry! Since past 10 days I have been managing my blood sugar levels by doing the following...

1 A protein-fat diet coupled with lots of veggies and liberal amount of fruits.
2 I have eliminated gluten and casein from my diet completely.
3 Same goes for sweets.
4 I don't have any cheat days (junk food) on weekends anymore.
5 I stopped my beer intake ( weekends ) and replaced it with red wine.
6 I am also having R-ALA and ALC combo before my meals alongside all the other necessary IH recommended supplements.
7 I workout regularly incorporating everything from cardio ( long distance and HIT ), calisthenics and yoga. Planning on starting with weights soon.

So far so good....I also have plenty of red meat so I presume that I must be getting sufficient magnesium from my diet.

In regards to topical is it magensium oil that you suggest? Should it be stand alone or mixed with something like potassium etc??
I primarily am looking for thickening in the crown region and boosting overall density of hair.

A few questions...

1 What is your opinion on ZMA or Optizinc?? Currently my multivitamin ( Ultimate Man's gold ) has 25mg of zinc citrate.

2 How much magnesium should I have a day??

3 What topical do you suggest once I go off minoxidil?? Magnesium oil? Magensium and potassium?? Please elaborate.

6 I also need to revamp my supplements just the way I did my diet and lifestyle. Please tell me what is the best and what to discard and the possible substitutes and additions.

1 Multivitamin ( Ultimate man's gold )

I know you suggested that I discontinue with this one. Plus I read some of your posts that sustained release vitamins are bad for the liver. Can you recommend me a good multivitamin instead of this one?

2 Probiotics

So far I have been just having Acidophilus.

3 Evening primerose oil

I have been having almost more than 1gm of epo a day. Thank god my libido is still intact. I will cut it down to 250mg. Do you recommend having borage oil instead of this?

4 Fish oil

Planning on incorporating Krill oil from next month.

5 ALA and ALC ( Planning on incorporating R-Ala )

Been having regular ALA and ALC all this while. Planning on incorporating R-Ala with ALC from next month.

6 Gingko biloba about 120mg a day, 1 capsule.

7 Co-q 10

Recently added this one 400 mg a day? Is that too much?

8 Milk thistle

How much Milk thistle a day?

9 MSM ( was having capsules earlier, shifted to powder now )

About 5gms a day.

10 Maca root ( planning on starting with this one )

1500 mg a day. Natrol's Maca root.

11 NAC About 600 mg a day.

12 Planning on starting with Curcumin and Reservatrol from next month.

Please tell me what is the best and what to discard and the possible substitutes and additions. Appreciate all the help and input, trying to make the most of it. Better late than never.

Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:57 am

Ignore the previous posts..

Caustic Symmetry, after going through several posts this is what I have decided to incorporate...correct me if I am wrong...

1) Curcumin once a day with largest meal (500mg)
2) Reservatrol (200mg) with curcumin
Should this be pre meal or post meal???

3 100mg of R-ALA per meal.
4 1000mg of ALC per meal
Is it 1000 mg of ALC per meal?? I should combine these two just before a meal right?

5 1000mg of Krill oil 1-2 times a day.
6 250mg of Borage or evening primerose oil a day
Iam already following a protein fat diet, shouldn't 1000mg of krill oil suffice?

7 Vitamin d3-k2 (mk7) once a day.
8 5000mg of biotin once a day

9 Broccoli seed extract once a day
Is this necessary if I am already having plenty of broccoli and other mixed greens in my diet.
10 Brewers yeast, a few per meal.
How many per meal do you suggest??

11 Probiotics
12 1000mg of magnesium mixed forms daily
Capsules or Liquid??

13 Green tea phytosome one capsule a day
14 Iodine Losol ( liquid form )
Can I have capsules instead of liquid? How many Mg a day?

15 Ashwagandha 225mg a day.
16 600 mg of NAC twice a day

17 Taurine 1000mg before meal ( used sparingly )
My diet is very clean for most part hence I will reserve this for very special occasions.

18 Milk thistle
How much Milk thistle do you suggest??

19 Zinc
What form of Zinc do you recommend and howmuch??

20 Co-q 10
Been having 400 mg of Co-q10? is that too much?

Also what topical do you suggest once I go off Minoxidil?? Primarily for thinning in the crown and increased overall hair density?

Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down