Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial.

+17
Balthier
bobthebuilder
Dannyboy
sizzlinghairs
runnerup
need45
ScourgeV
LawOfThelema
Isreviro
scottyc33
lutz
nohairequalsnogirls
unfortunate
theseeker86
dudebro
Hali-L
rofl
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. Empty TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial.

Post  rofl Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Its a placebo controlled study, but i dont think its double blind or published in peer reviewed journal., nevertheless good results (if its true)

http://www.trx2.com/store/clinical-study-results/

9 months (active treatment group)

Hair count (Mean number of hair in an area of 2×2 cm): +35.1%
Hair Thickness (Mean weight of hair – bundle of 30 strands): +22.5%
Terminal hair change (% change from vellus to non-vellus): +23.2%
Self-evaluation of satisfaction (score between 0-10 cm with 10 being the most satisfied): 7.8 ± 2.0 cm

18 months (active treatment group)

Hair count (Mean number of hair in an area 2×2 cm): +49.2%
Hair Thickness (Mean Weight of hair – bundle of 30 strands): +38.7%
Terminal hair change (% change from vellus to non-vellus): +36.4%
Self-evaluation of satisfaction(score between 0-10 cm with 10 being the most satisfied): 8.6 ± 1.6 cm
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. Empty Re: TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial.

Post  Hali-L Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Interesting indeed.

Just had a quick glance on their website.

http://www.trx2.com/store/hair-loss-treatment/

The pictures show growth & the pictures don't appear to be over exaggerated (which i like). They claim it improves activation of the potassium channels & allows more nutrients to reach the follicles to allow hair to grow. Also they say its for the norwood 1-4 range so really not for the "slick" people out there but that's not saying it work for those individuals either. The constituents also claim to be DRUG FREE, which I like.

Thank you for this post Rofl & definitely worth a closer look.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. Empty Re: TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial.

Post  dudebro Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:57 pm

seems slightly sketchy... never heard of it until now. Surprised it hasn't caught fire yet if it actually works. Their explanation as to how it works is very shoddy, I just don't know if I would take something thats doing something in my body I don't know about.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:46 pm

I'ts been mentioned here before and when it first came out there were quite a few forums that had users that were covering it with their updates throughout the months of use, how effective it has been since then i have no idea i never really kept track of it but at the time some users reported a reduction in shedding with some thickening of existing hair others said it made their hair worse, i never saw any mention of actual hair regrowth though.

I'm still skeptical myself.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:51 pm

There was a post by Gutted a while ago on another forum... . He claimed to have used TRX2, MSM and vitamin C and was saying it was a great alternative to propecia. Overall, there was mixed feedback. Some saw results, some claim they didn't (maybe those who didn't, didn't give it enough time?)

Anyway, for what it's worth, here's the thread:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9777

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 pm

I obviously don't really trust that study either, but in any case did the patients have MALE PATTERN baldness? That's the absolute number one question I have for ANY so called evidence for something helping with hair loss

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:12 am

I would never buy this product. You could build yourself a year supply for 150 euros if you really believe in these ingredients.

Nicotinic Acid is flush niacin afaik. Dirt cheap, $5 for 100x100mg caps.

Potassium Chloride, this electrolyte is very easy to obtain from the diet but you can supplement 200mg per day at roughly ~$7 a year.

This low dose of BCAAs is easily attained and in fact more than doubled in a single egg. If you like BCAAs as a supplement you can buy them by the kilo for $30.

300 caps of biotin at 5000mcg is $15....it is listed as 1667% of the RDA vs 300% in TRX2 product.

The most interesting ingredient here is L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (carnipure). It is thought to upregulate or increase the density of androgen receptors in muscle tissue. Would it have the same effect at the scalp? At first thought this seems bad given what we think we know about MPB...however;

- maybe an increase in androgen receptors in muscle pulls more DHT out of your body at the muscle cells, slowing the rate at which androgens bind to sites at the follicle.

- maybe more receptors at the scalp increases the amount of time it takes for androgens to fully saturate receptors at the follicle.

- maybe both

- maybe neither

100g of LCLT can easily be had for $10.

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 am

The most interesting ingredient here is L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (carnipure). It is thought to upregulate or increase the density of androgen receptors in muscle tissue. Would it have the same effect at the scalp? At first thought this seems bad given what we think we know about MPB...however;

- maybe an increase in androgen receptors in muscle pulls more DHT out of your body at the muscle cells, slowing the rate at which androgens bind to sites at the follicle.

- maybe more receptors at the scalp increases the amount of time it takes for androgens to fully saturate receptors at the follicle.

- maybe both

- maybe neither

thoughts about this?

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 am

lutz wrote:I would never buy this product. You could build yourself a year supply for 150 euros if you really believe in these ingredients.

Nicotinic Acid is flush niacin afaik. Dirt cheap, $5 for 100x100mg caps.

Potassium Chloride, this electrolyte is very easy to obtain from the diet but you can supplement 200mg per day at roughly ~$7 a year.

This low dose of BCAAs is easily attained and in fact more than doubled in a single egg. If you like BCAAs as a supplement you can buy them by the kilo for $30.

300 caps of biotin at 5000mcg is $15....it is listed as 1667% of the RDA vs 300% in TRX2 product.

- maybe both

- maybe neither

100g of LCLT can easily be had for $10.

Good post.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 am

taken from: http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateCanitineandHairloss3-12.html

"Carnitine is an amino acid that occurs naturally in the human body and is essential for turning fat into energy. Local active energy metabolism is an essential prerequisite for healthy, sustained hair growth.

Research has conclusively shown that in balding areas of the scalp in both men and women, the membrane potential of the hair follicle is significantly diminished, in response to an androgenetically mediated reduction in potassium channel function within the hair follicle.

Mitochondrial membrane potential improves to some degree with supplemental Carnitine and even more so with Acetyl-L-Carnitine, which actually strengthens the functioning of mitochondria itself.

Dr. Thomas Whitfield, of Oxford University and Oxford BioLabs found that “L-carnitine stimulates energy production and cardiolipin synthesis within the cell membranes of hair follicles. It transports nutrients to dysfunctional potassium channels and helps to restore functionality.”

In a recent experiment with balding human hair at the University of Lubeck in Germany, Carnitine was shown to promote hair growth, stimulate hair shaft elongation and reduce hair cell death.

The authors of this study concluded, "Our findings suggest that Carnitine stimulates human scalp hair growth by up regulation of proliferation and down regulation of apoptosis in follicular keratinocytes in vitro. They further encourage one to explore topical and nutraceutical administration of l-carnitine as a well-tolerated, relatively safe adjuvant treatment in the management of androgenetic alopecia and other forms of hair loss."

Carnitine has been significantly upgraded in the last 2 years, resulting in forms that are more bio-available, even conferring documented cognitive benefits.

Acetyl-L-carnitine is the acetylated ester of the amino acid L-carnitine. Acetyl-L-carnitine is an endogenous mitochondrial membrane compound that helps maintain mitochondrial bioenergetics increasing Potassium Channel function and lowering the increased localized and systemic oxidative stress associated with aging. Although Acetyl-L-carnitine and L-carnitine are absorbed into the bloodstream efficiently and are effective at carrying long-chain fatty acids across the membrane into the mitochondria where they are burned for energy production, Acetyl-L-carnitine also guards against oxidative damage. Acetyl-L-carnitine exerts protective effects against such neurotoxicity and oxidative stress.

Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate (ArginoCarn®) is a patented form of carnitine. Cell studies suggest that unlike Carnitine alone, it promotes the growth of neurites that facilitate communication among nerve cells in the brain.

GlycoCarn® is another patented form of carnitine. This form offers such benefits as enhanced fatty acid metabolism, membrane potential, antioxidant activity and like minoxidil, increased blood flow and significantly increased nitric oxide production.

Optimized Carnitine with GlycoCarn® combines these three recently developed forms of carnitine in one single formula to maximize the membrane potential of the hair follicle, which in cases of hereditary Androgenetic Alopecia, diminish over time. The effects on hair follicle membrane potential of these advanced forms of Carnitine well exceed that of L- Carnitine, which is used in a patent pending formula in combination with Branched Chain Amino Acids, Niacin and Potassium Chloride to restore Potassium ion channel function to hair genetically affected by androgens.

This patent pending oral minoxidil mimetic, (TRX2) developed by Dr. Whitfield, has had encouraging results in phase 2 trials (18 month point), released in October of 2011.

There were 59 participants, men and women affected by Androgenetic Alopecia.

Hair counts increased an average of 49.2%

Hair thickness increased 38.7%

Terminal hair change, (vellus to terminal) 36.4%

In all, 87% have reported cessation of hair loss.

Dr. Whitfield’s TRX2 formula is comprised of Carnitine, Branched Chain Amino Acids, Niacin, and potassium chloride. This formula can also be readily replicated at a higher potency by simply obtaining these ingredients separately, and even enhanced by using more advanced forms of Carnitine.

Our recommendation for Potassium Ion Channel restoration for hair growth consist of :

Optimized Carnitine with GlycoCarn: 1-2 capsules a day

Branched Chain Amino Acids-: 2-4 capsules a day

Niacin: 1 capsule a day

Potassium Citrate: 1 capsule a day

Thanks to the painstaking research conducted by Dr. Whitfield, the systemic stimulation of Potassium Ion Channel Function (minoxidil mimetic) can now be used as a sole intervention, or integrated into an existing hair loss treatment regime of natural DHT inhibitors and anti-inflammation agents. Although it is likely through the mechanisms identified by Dr. Whitfield, that both Carnitine and Branched Chain Amino Acids offer some benefit to hair loss on their own, it is the combination of the above mentioned compounds that would appear offer optimal benefit for both health and sustained hair growth. "

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am

dudebro wrote:
Our recommendation for Potassium Ion Channel restoration for hair growth consist of :

Optimized Carnitine with GlycoCarn: 1-2 capsules a day

Branched Chain Amino Acids-: 2-4 capsules a day

Niacin: 1 capsule a day

Potassium Citrate: 1 capsule a day

Interesting.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm thinking about ordering the raw materials are trying it out... anyone else in?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I might, in regards to the "optimized carnitine", that's pretty much Acetyl-L-carnitine isn't it? I'm already taking that so just need to add in the GlycoCarn, branched chain amino acids, niacin and potassium citrate

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Isreviro Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 am

This stuff is expensive. looking at around 50$ per month.

Isreviro

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm

50 a month is not that expensive at least not if what is claimed in their results is true

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  ScourgeV Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:21 am

Seems expensive to me considering you can buy the ingredients separately in higher doses and for less money.

ScourgeV

Back to top Go down

Post  need45 Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:24 am

Tried trx2 and many other treatments. None have worked. So I'm back on finasteride 5 mg. This is where I buy it from
http://healthyrxlifetime.com/?wm=10034&tr=8027 I hope someday there will be natural stuff that works.

need45

Back to top Go down

Post  runnerup Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:41 am

^Link doesn't work and sets off my antivirus

runnerup

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 am

How long u try trx2 for?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

TRX2, thought it was a scam, but excellent results in trial. Empty Any updates regrading this product?

Post  Dannyboy Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Its been a while from the last posts about it...it sounds like it is not a full cure but can be a good addition the a full combat to hair growth

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Good results took 9 months, has anyone tried the product for this long?

bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:04 pm

bobthebuilder wrote:Good results took 9 months, has anyone tried the product for this long?

Can you give some more details - what do you mean by "good results"?
Do you use anything else?

Thanks

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Dannyboy wrote:
bobthebuilder wrote:Good results took 9 months, has anyone tried the product for this long?

Thanks
He didn't say that he used it he was referring to the length of the study there.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:51 am

Balthier wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

Thanks
He didn't say that he used it he was referring to the length of the study there.

I see, shame - It sounds like a helpful treatment, but it pricey so its better to know about it more before using it.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 am

Dannyboy wrote:
Balthier wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

Thanks
I see, shame - It sounds like a helpful treatment, but it pricey so its better to know about it more before using it.
Yeah the results look great, hopefully someone that has tried it will post.
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next