Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Marijuana and Hair Loss?

+17
Balthier
nara
Delphine
panoslydios
blueman99
mistermr
Oedipus
rhondagraymond
nmarker51
Zaphod
LawOfThelema
ubraj
imprisoned-radical
bocor
NYJets
desmadre1
Growdamnit
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marijuana and Hair Loss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marijuana and Hair Loss?

Post  Delphine Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:52 am

Well, if you believe smoking dope helps hair, why stop at 1-2 joints? Just trying to understand your reasoning here.

panoslydios wrote:Naaah ,me and another dude from the old days(''funkystumpfighter'')
have reported same effects from MJ smoking as the first days of using iodine.
I am pretty sure it causes to me temporary hypoxia and i felt it in the night(tingling pleasing sensations)
in the scalp tissue.
I will experiment with 1-2 joints in the month for some months ,and i will post my experience.
I am not talking about chronic MJ smoking.Anyway,i cant get addicted to this stuff.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:41 am

well what about these studies?
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/037687169290036C
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:58 am

From a thread found online, "Does marijuana use cause hair loss?"

Marijuana *can* cause hair loss. Speaking from personal experience, I'll try to explain myself foregoing anyone attempting to call me a Christian or fundamentalist. Truth be told, I just stopped smoking pot on a daily basis recently as a last resort because I, too, love weed.

* When I started smoking pot *daily* I noticed that my hair didn't recede, as you see in most Male Pattern Baldness, it just thinned out. Everywhere. Eyebrows, arm hair, scalp hair, etc. The sides of my head sometimes also look like they are thinning when compared to photos predating my daily weed consumption. I first considered that I was getting older and so it should be natural. Except no receding occured, a la MPB. This is an important point since diffuse thinning across the scalp is more related to a condition called "Telogen Effluvium" than it is MPB.

* Weed is known to effect Testosterone. Some quickly point out that weed *lowers* Testosterone. This is true, but our hormones compete. If you do your research, you'll quickly find out that Estrogen will try to "take over", so to speak, and the Testosterone is forced to spike (and sometimes surpass previous levels for a period of time). This can help to explain why people sometimes get a little irritable and develop acne after their high is gone, or withdrawn from. Some people experience these symptoms of withdrawal, others don't, and others are simply oblivious to it. So if Testosterone is peaking all the time, it's also possible that DHT (a hair follicle's arch enemy) is also peaking causing miniaturization of the hair follicles.

* Other people have suggested that "hydro" weed has some pretty terrible chemicals in it. From that, you can deduce that it is possible that it, too, could effect your very fragile hair follicles.

* Others will point to a vapourizer as a safe balance. I have only smoked from a vapourizer (iolite model) for the past year with no improvement. If the issue is chemicals or hormones, a vapourizer isn't going to help much. You'll breathe better, which is a great thing.

* I've noticed that some people who are prone to anxiety are also experiencing the hair loss. Stress + hair loss. Possible connection. If you've experienced panic attacks while high and are experiencing hair loss, consider that connection.

I've read a lot of these "marijuana and hair loss" posts and whenever a fellow weed smoker joins the conversation they almost always post a photo of Bob Marley as their proof, or talk about the acres of people they know who smoke pot and have no issues. I debate that point since I know plenty of people who lose hair doing absolutely no drugs and plenty who do and are practically bald. People who are balding don't generally go around telling everyone every second, so there is some artifice here, it appears.

I'm discouraged by many of the weed smoker's comments regarding this issue, as I generally consider weed smokers as truth-seekers, to an extent. It seems truth is no longer sought when a vice is possibly the cause.

Studies have shown that smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol can cause hair loss. People will often cite that no such proof exists for marijuana and therefore conclude that there is no connection. Note that marijuana is considered a Schedule 1 drug federally in the US (most medical research funding occurs or is at least partially maintained within the US). A Schedule 1 drug cannot be studied, or possessed in any fashion making it hard for wouldbe legitimate medical researchers to investigate any connections, since they would go to jail.

So, again, let science speak on this subject. You are not everybody and Bob Marley isn't, either.

Well said, methinks (except that it seems there have indeed been scientific studies). btw, that was the final post/word in that thread.

And again, I wish it was good for hair! I'm not going to swear off smoking, but will only do it once in a great while.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Delphine wrote:
Well, if you believe smoking dope helps hair, why stop at 1-2 joints? Just trying to understand your reasoning here.

panoslydios wrote:Naaah ,me and another dude from the old days(''funkystumpfighter'')
I am pretty sure it causes to me temporary hypoxia and i felt it in the night(tingling pleasing sensations)
in the scalp tissue.
I will experiment with 1-2 joints in the month for some months ,and i will post my experience.
I am not talking about chronic MJ smoking.Anyway,i cant get addicted to this stuff.

Because it might be such a strong anti toxic substance ,that chronic and elevated use will likely
poison the body.
Its the same reason why you would not like to use iodine topically every single day.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Iodine/weed - not sure that's an apt comparison, but whatever. Cool
I take 12.5 mg Iodoral every day internally, seems to do nothing but good, so far.

Anyway - I doubt that any amount of dope will help your hair, but have fun with it. Very Happy

panoslydios wrote:
Delphine wrote:

in the scalp tissue.

Because it might be such a strong anti toxic substance ,that chronic and elevated use will likely
poison the body.
Its the same reason why you would not like to use iodine topically every single day.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Dont underestimate the power of THC.
There are studies that have shown shrinkage of cancer tumors ,with injections of THC in Mice.
Most of cannabis research in 1955-1965 has been destroyed.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 am

Heat makes the difference in THC in what you are talking about. I am afraid Delphine have 100% right. Smile
Short term effect may be pleasing, but it compensate for no health benefits. It's the trick many people don't know how to overcome in also different drugs. Vasoconstriction is likely to occur as result of severe oxidation of the brain and other tissues is. If you think you benefited form it, it might be other things you do beside smoking. And i am also sure that pot is not co-factor in any of those things.
If you add some tobacco with nicotine, etc., talking about health is whole different story than feeling fine at the moment when drugs do the magic. I dont know any drug which its magic will last long term.

However it's quite different with unheated THC from juiced marijuana or substances find in hemp/hash oil. It was already posted before if you wish to explore this plant.

Iodine is essential nutrient every cell in the body needs. Amount of tolerated consumption varies from person to person. It generally tells about gut and immune system health.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 am

For me weed isn't good for the hair. I find I sleep more but not as well when I smoke it and any time I do it with any kind of frequency my hair doesn't look as good. I had read stuff about long term chronic (punny) use potentially effecting testosterone levels. Either way, THC is good, smoking weed is fun, but I for me it's no good for my hair. Myabe it could help relaxation if one were stressed and that was causing the loss?

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major_Hairloss Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Oedipus wrote:If anyone is in Arizona with a medical Mj card I made a topical oil out of MJ that seems to be working wonders for me.
I was thinning and had the beginning of a bald spot, now I have much thicker and fuller hair. Really glossy too.
Free to anyone who's legal.
Applied topically has no psychoactive effects.
Just let me know how it works out.

Did you ever try making Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil?

I listened to a radio show he was on today.
Amongst many things, he shared a brief story of how he got a bad 3rd degree burn on his hand where a lot of his skin came off.
He didn't go to the doc until 5 days later.
He used his hemp oil on the hand.
Anyway, eventually, the skin grew back and as did new hair follicles.

Yeah, not exactly MPB related. But I'm thinking this stuff could possibly do wonders when applied to a balding scalp (since it seems to be so good for just about anything)
Major_Hairloss
Major_Hairloss

Back to top Go down

Post  zanza Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm

I"m working on the Rick Simpson Hemp Oil project for people with terminal cancer. Reportedly, it has effects on many other things like burns and stuff, but right now we are focusing on cancer patients so haven't really got a change to try it topically for MPB.

See our blog here
http://ricksimpsonhempoil.blogspot.com/

If someone wants to try it would we could work out something possibly, send me pm or email.

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 am

My son's dad (my ex) had beautiful thick hair. He's been smoking daily for years now and bye-bye hair.

There are healthier ways to relax, but once in a while won't hurt.

Duketronix wrote:For me weed isn't good for the hair. I find I sleep more but not as well when I smoke it and any time I do it with any kind of frequency my hair doesn't look as good. I had read stuff about long term chronic (punny) use potentially effecting testosterone levels. Either way, THC is good, smoking weed is fun, but I for me it's no good for my hair. Myabe it could help relaxation if one were stressed and that was causing the loss?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Its fine eaten, smoking makes anything bad. A couple small light hits here and there would be negligible though, you probably breathe worse in sitting in traffic on the high way...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2