Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Marijuana and Hair Loss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Marijuana and Hair Loss?

+17
Balthier
nara
Delphine
panoslydios
blueman99
mistermr
Oedipus
rhondagraymond
nmarker51
Zaphod
LawOfThelema
ubraj
imprisoned-radical
bocor
NYJets
desmadre1
Growdamnit
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marijuana and Hair Loss? Empty Marijuana and Hair Loss?

Post  Growdamnit Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:44 am

What are your thoughts on marijuana and hair loss?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Marijuana and Hair Loss? Empty Re: Marijuana and Hair Loss?

Post  desmadre1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Ive heard that it has the opposite effect....its good for inflammation....maybe low grade stuff...you have mold and pesticides as a concern.

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Some Quotes from legit studies:

Cannabidiol and THC are neuroprotective antioxidants” found that “cannabidiol protected neurons to a greater extent than either of the dietary antioxidants, alpha-tocopherol or ascorbate (vitamin C).” And that the antioxidant effects seen in the studied cannabinoids is “a common property of classical cannabinoid structures”. “The psychoactive principle of Cannabis, THC, also blocked glutamate neurotoxicity with similar potency to cannabidiol.” Pubmed ID 9653176

An additional study, “Comparison of cannabidiol, antioxidants, and diuretics in reversing binge ethanol-induced neurotoxicity” showed that cannabidiol can indeed protect neurons from alcohol-induced damage. Pubmed ID 15878999

Another 2007 study found that THC inhibits lung cancer cell growth, migration, and metastasis
. Pubmed ID 17621270

There is also the argument that cannabis causes psychosis. While pure THC has been shown to cause acute psychosis, cannabidiol is a powerful antipsychotic and negates the negative effects of THC, as stated by the 2006 article “Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an antipsychotic drug”. Pubmed ID 16612464

You're all good here. I'd recommend vaporizing and trying to get organic tested if possible.

I'm a long time smoker, so I've done the research on how MJ affects our hormones, brain etc. and if anything it's helpful(there is a few exceptions which I will post). I think I've read every study and every time I do I come away more amazed at what this plant is capable of.

Just like with everything else the devil is in the details so I do not recommend High THC strains without having a nice CBD to go along with it for long periods of use. Especially if you're under the age of 25. I'm writing from experience and research.

I must warn you and others that long or even short time use of high THC herb/strains (while having low CBD) have not been studied long term and can cause some adverse affects (anxiety, trigger psychosis in those with susceptible genetics, low motivation, derealization, concentration issues etc) Most of these effects seem to be temporary from personal experience however I cannot confirm that wholly as we do not have studies to show that high THC strains without other Cannibinoids are completely safe long term. My gut instinct tells me they may not be but I would not be surprised if High THC was perfectly safe long term. So again, I do not recommend smoking "skunk" as it's referred to in Europe or "dank" in the US ALL THE TIME aka all day everyday. If so, use a high CBD strain along with it which counters short term memory loss, anxiety, racing thoughts etc.

You see, Cannabis wasn't really designed to have such an unbalanced THC content (For ex: I have a strain that has 28% + THC and only a few % cbd which is better than none but still not enough with that high of a THC content). In it's natural form MJ mostly has approx 1:1 ratio of THC:CBD (the other most active Cannabinoid found in cannabis). Similar to food, we've modified the plant overtime and the CBD strains we're almost gone believe it or not. THC is responsible for the euphoric effects this explains why it is so common on the black market (another reason against prohibition). There are over 100+ Cannabinoids in Cannabis gaining recognition in Medical and Nutritional science everyday.

Also, consider that smoking often may cause an acidic body which shouldn't be hard to counter through supplements or diet.

Enjoy your veggies.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Marijuana and Hair Loss? Empty NYjets

Post  bocor Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 pm

i will be smoking for nerve pain relief with all the good studies on CBD.I will be moving to Portland on christmas and will get on medical as soon as i get there.Up until now the strong strains ive tried have really helped my nerve pain so im guessing THC counters nerve pain as well but i dont want to lose my sharp senses.by smoking the strain you mentioned with 28% thc and a few percent CBD,does that strain effect your memory /concentration at all?Ive also heard CBD grows new neural networks but is supposed to be sedating?

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 pm

There's a growing body of evidence showing a link between marijuana usage (particularly during the teen years) and risk of schizophrenia later on in life. I used to smoke weed as a teenager, back when life was relatively simple and I had very little to worry about. As I got older though, smoking became more and more of a source of anxiety and paranoia. Of course there are documented benefits...pain relief, relaxation, etc. But with all things YMMV.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 pm

You're suppose to juice it or similar. Don't smoke it... unless your goal is to use it as a drug to escape life, IMO.

I personally use the homeopathic benefits through frequencies which helps me a little to improve health.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:33 pm

With schizophrenia and marijuana its purely associational. no way for them to know that it is not simply the case that people with psychosis are not simply self medicating with marijuana, which is afterall pretty psychoactive. Whats funny is this is what theyve been saying all along. This is why it was banned in the first place. Some crank said that it caused insanity, and they are till grasping at straws trying to prove it causes insanity.

Marijuana use has increased drastically but schizophrenia rates remain relatively stable.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 pm

bocor wrote:i will be smoking for nerve pain relief with all the good studies on CBD.I will be moving to Portland on christmas and will get on medical as soon as i get there.Up until now the strong strains ive tried have really helped my nerve pain so im guessing THC counters nerve pain as well but i dont want to lose my sharp senses.by smoking the strain you mentioned with 28% thc and a few percent CBD,does that strain effect your memory /concentration at all?Ive also heard CBD grows new neural networks but is supposed to be sedating?
Bocor,

IMO yes it can cause a slight cognitive decline or more in very heavy users over time (keep tolerance very low and this should not be an issue for you). Other factors would be the person's health ( lifestyle/diet + mineral and vitamin levels and omega fattys) and how long they've consumed it, it is truly YMMV. The most common issue would probably be short term memory loss however from the research and experience it seems to be temporary.

I do not recommend smoking. Vaporizing IMO is great and is actually preferred due to the greater amount of cannabinoids delivered than from smoke (there are studies to show this). IMO Smoking up every once in awhile is fine if you're healthy. A long term study showed that a group of cigarette smokers, a group of cigarette and cannabis smokers(everyday smokers), and a group of non-smokers had a rate of cancer as follows after 15 years of use.

35%<---Combo Group
0% <---Cannabis Group
10%<---Non Smoke Group

(read the study many years ago so the #s may be a bit off)

Most people are not familiar with CBD so their views are skewed on Cannabis. I could see why that is however don't let it stop you from reaping the benefits of CBD. You could try the high THC which is supposed to be amazing for nerve pain and see how you respond.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:52 pm

rdkml wrote:You're suppose to juice it or similar. Don't smoke it... unless your goal is to use it as a drug to escape life, IMO.

My thoughts exactly. I dont see it very wrong if it's done in moderation, but smoked weed is not what unheated THC is about for healing purposes. Still I see it as a way better drug as alcohol which more like a poison.

Imo all the drugs which bring in the body neurotransmitters like substances are bad for cognition in the long term. It's how dependencies and addictions are made.

Anyway, looks like you've found electrical pattern that triggers release of human like cannabidoids, you've posted a while ago about. That's really, really nice...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Marijuana and Hair Loss? Empty thx ny jets!

Post  bocor Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 am

also maybe these concentrated thc or cbd extracts could be used topically for hair benefits?I wander which one might be better for hair growth?I think THC inhibits dht? they both are super antiinflammatory?

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 am

Might I add, I ONLY vaporize because I'm a singer.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  nmarker51 Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Recently I read in a blog that Marijuana is not good for hair. Not only on hair, but also it has negative effects on the entire health, particularly brain and lungs. Many people are suffering hair loss and brain impairment due to smoking this. No matter what the reason, it is better to avoid smoking these kinds of dangerous substances.

nmarker51

Back to top Go down

Marijuana and Hair Loss? Empty marijuana is has herbal uses

Post  rhondagraymond Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:34 am

it's used to elevate pain and also good in cancer. as long as the quality of marijuana is clean and fresh.. you could get happy all day long! but there is one thing you must be careful of. the body heat increases by smoking pot

rhondagraymond

Back to top Go down

Post  Oedipus Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:37 am

nmarker51 wrote:Recently I read in a blog that Marijuana is not good for hair. Not only on hair, but also it has negative effects on the entire health, particularly brain and lungs. Many people are suffering hair loss and brain impairment due to smoking this. No matter what the reason, it is better to avoid smoking these kinds of dangerous substances.

This is just factually inaccurate and wrong.

Oedipus

Back to top Go down

Post  Oedipus Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 am

If anyone is in Arizona with a medical Mj card I made a topical oil out of MJ that seems to be working wonders for me.
I was thinning and had the beginning of a bald spot, now I have much thicker and fuller hair. Really glossy too.
Free to anyone who's legal.
Applied topically has no psychoactive effects.
Just let me know how it works out.

Oedipus

Back to top Go down

Post  Oedipus Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:10 am

And, no.
It wont give you an afro, unfortunately.
Laughing

Oedipus

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:32 am

Oedipus wrote:If anyone is in Arizona with a medical Mj card I made a topical oil out of MJ that seems to be working wonders for me.
I was thinning and had the beginning of a bald spot, now I have much thicker and fuller hair. Really glossy too.

What's the topical that you made? I'd be willing to give it a shot.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:11 am

Oedipus wrote:If anyone is in Arizona with a medical Mj card I made a topical oil out of MJ that seems to be working wonders for me.

Great move!! This has been on my to do list for a long time. What extraction technique did you use Oedipus? What type of strain? Was it tested?

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t6370-hemp-oil-and-melatonin
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:01 am

YA this could be coincidence , but all my friends that smoke a lot of pot have great hair.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  Oedipus Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:08 am

NYJets wrote:

Great move!! This has been on my to do list for a long time. What extraction technique did you use Oedipus? What type of strain? Was it tested?

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t6370-hemp-oil-and-melatonin

I don't want to sound like an ass but I work for a dispensary in AZ who has told me not to give out the exact recipe.
But it's pretty much the same thing as canna butter just using coconut oil, also I mix in some saw palmetto extract.
I don't use an extraction because it's illegal to do so in AZ.
I've been getting a bit liberal with it and found it to be a great face moisturizer as well, even seems to be clearing up the bags under my eyes.

Oedipus

Back to top Go down

Post  Oedipus Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:16 am

I'll get it tested as soon as I have the time and let you know.

Oedipus

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:18 am

It just happened to smoke 2 joints a few weeks back.
I could feel these tingling pleasing sensations in my scalp tissue,that,according to others,
indicate temporary hypoxia,which cause the release of several growth factors.

Seems like smoking 1 or 2 joint once a month would be beneficial addition .
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Wish it were true that MJ helps hair, but I don't think so. Smoking anything causes an oxygen deficit in the body, which is detrimental to hair and general health.

Interesting thread - be sure to check out Dr. Redmond's post on second page.
http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=439

But for those who choose to smoke anyway, I've read that desiccated liver helps detox weed.

panoslydios wrote:It just happened to smoke 2 joints a few weeks back.
I could feel these tingling pleasing sensations in my scalp tissue,that,according to others,
indicate temporary hypoxia,which cause the release of several growth factors.

Seems like smoking 1 or 2 joint once a month would be beneficial addition .
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  nara Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Growdamnit wrote:What are your thoughts on marijuana and hair loss?

every dutch person should have been bald if that was the case Very Happy

nara

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 am

Naaah ,me and another dude from the old days(''funkystumpfighter'')
have reported same effects from MJ smoking as the first days of using iodine.
I am pretty sure it causes to me temporary hypoxia and i felt it in the night(tingling pleasing sensations)
in the scalp tissue.
I will experiment with 1-2 joints in the month for some months ,and i will post my experience.
I am not talking about chronic MJ smoking.Anyway,i cant get addicted to this stuff.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next