Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ketoconazole EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ketoconazole EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ketoconazole EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ketoconazole EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ketoconazole EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ketoconazole EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ketoconazole EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ketoconazole EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ketoconazole EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ketoconazole

+13
j87x
hd
coco
goten574
magic_gro
Hoppipolla
commando
Nashville Hairline
HanginInthere
vade retro alopecia
Gibson
CausticSymmetry
NewReg
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ketoconazole Empty Ketoconazole

Post  NewReg Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:11 pm

CS - What's your opinion on kecoconazole? I was thinking of maybe adding some to a non-SLS shampoo like Aubrey's. I stopped using Nizoral a while back because of the SLS, but kecoconazole has supposedly shown to be as effective as topical minoxidil in fighting hair loss. Are there any sides associated with topical use of kecoconazole that you know of? Apparently, it's lipophilic, but is this only when ingested, or is there a transdermal effect as well?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Ketoconazole Empty Re: Ketoconazole

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:34 pm

NewReg - Well, Nizoral actually is Ketoconazole. When Lithium was compared to Ketoconazole, Lithium outperformed it with respect to seborrheic dermatitis.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:46 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:NewReg - Well, Nizoral actually is Ketoconazole. When Lithium was compared to Ketoconazole, Lithium outperformed it with respect to seborrheic dermatitis.
I didn't know that. Are you combining the lithium and the potassium chloride at the same time, or are you doing them during separate applications?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:43 am

If you decide to use a keto shampoo, get this one:

http://www.perrigo.com/product/catalog/product_detail.aspx?id=36&prodid=154&seachproducts=K

Keto itself isn't harsh, but there are other ingredients in Nizoral that make it a harsh detergent/type shampoo.

Personally, i use the one I mentioned daily; it is about as harsh on the scalp as baby shampoo. Keto as an ingredient alone is fairly benign IMO.

Obviously, I think the shampoo i mentioned is quite good, which is why I use it daily.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:32 am

NewReg - I have massaged in Potassium chloride with and without Lithium shampoo.

Doesn't seem to matter, since it absorbs immediately upon pressing it in.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:NewReg - I have massaged in Potassium chloride with and without Lithium shampoo.

Doesn't seem to matter, since it absorbs immediately upon pressing it in.
But using both could be beneficial since they serve two different purposes, right? Lithium for reduced sebum/DHT and Potassium Chloride for opening up potassium channels.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:25 am

Gibson wrote:If you decide to use a keto shampoo, get this one:

http://www.perrigo.com/product/catalog/product_detail.aspx?id=36&prodid=154&seachproducts=K

Keto itself isn't harsh, but there are other ingredients in Nizoral that make it a harsh detergent/type shampoo.

Personally, i use the one I mentioned daily; it is about as harsh on the scalp as baby shampoo. Keto as an ingredient alone is fairly benign IMO.

Obviously, I think the shampoo i mentioned is quite good, which is why I use it daily.
I couldn't find an ingredients listing, but it says it's generic to Nizoral. So, is it the exact same stuff. Does it contain SLS? Also, is it only available through prescription? Couldn't find any resellers.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:07 am

RX only. Here's a link to a pdf with complete ingredients. As mentioned, it is different from Nizoral, which irritated my scalp. This is mild enough to use daily.

http://www.perrigo.com/uploadedFiles/Rx/products/K/45802-465%E2%80%93PI.pdf

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:16 am

Anyone ever tried Revita? http://www.divineskin.com/revita/faq.asp

I found some reviews from people who were sensitive to Nizoral saying that this worked well for them. No SLS, but apparently has a very high caffeine concentration. I'm hyper-sensitive to caffeine so I need to be careful.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:29 am

I am going to revise what I said about the keto product: yes, it is much milder than Nizoral; however, it is not fit for daily use.

I've experienced a sea change, an epiphany of sorts. it occurred to me that essential oils are probably all I need. Lavender is just the tip of the iceberg. Currently, cederwood seems better and it actually makes your hair healthier, like a top-notch conditioner. Germanium first thing in the morning then washed out seems invigorating enough. Thyme is way too strong and is a well-researched anti-fungal, anti-bacterial agent--you can look up which strains of fungi/bacteria it kills. I'm waiting to get my hands on bay leaf which is supposedly really good.

I realised that a person I do yoga with who uses aromatherapy has not only re-grown hair, but now has really good hair. I can't confirm what he is doing, but it seems likely enough that he also uses them on his scalp.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  vade retro alopecia Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:08 am

Hi Gibson,

Did you buy Perrigo online, and if so on which website? I also found Nizoral to strong as a shampoo.

Thanks,

VDA.

vade retro alopecia

Back to top Go down

Post  HanginInthere Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:32 am

keto is in the nizoral shampoo and cream
Nizoral is really intended as an anti fungal agent, that is why it works well on dandruff

it is not recommended to use it daily, either cream or shampoo
the shampoo i found very harsh
it contains hydrochloric acid, great for dandruff but dried my scalp and i felt it scoured my scalp of hairs

i had a huge shed on the niz cream and was using it daily, not recommended
i got scared to death, so paper thin was my hair, and see through so i stopped after 4 months

however it all regrew and it regrew way thicker than before i started but i still got so freaked out by the shed i am hesitant to restart it

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:56 am

I'm sure I read something about keto being damaging to the liver if taken orally but doubt this would be so much an issue with the shampoo. Sometime last year when I was in a desperate state about my hair I used it every day for a couple of weeks but wouldn't recommend this as it leaves hair bone dry and rather like straw. Its harsh stuff. But it is good, my follicles are as thick as they've ever been right now. I only use it three times a week and other days its either Body Shop Ginger Shampoo or an Aloe Verashampoo that are much kinder to the noggin.

I'd like to try the cream - I'm going to Spain in a few days so will try pick it up there (I think its available OTC in chemists in Europe). The reults in that Japanese study were impressive. Might dab a bit on the temples.

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  HanginInthere Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:08 am

If you have trouble with the shampoo drying your hair, use the cream instead, 2 percent

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:50 am

vade retro alopecia wrote:Hi Gibson,

Did you buy Perrigo online, and if so on which website? I also found Nizoral to strong as a shampoo.

Thanks,

VDA.

Hey Vade,
I get mine from a local drug store. I stumbled upon it randomly, as my Dr. just happened to prescribe the generic, unless he was the wiser, which I am actually inclined to believe since he has thoroughly supported any oddball script I have asked for, for the purpose of hair--I think he has some experience in the area.

It is as harsh as any other SLS shampoo, not like a drying dandruff shampoo (and I had tried Nizoral).

That said, Keto, at best, is a weak positive (I've used the cream as well). I wouldn't get to crazy trying to get a hold of it. Personally, If I had to chose one, I would chose the shampoo. Based on my experience, it wouldn't be ethical for me to hype it.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  commando Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:18 pm

I apply 4-5 drops of emu oil to my nizoral application (every 3 days), this drastically reduces the harshness...

there is also some talk that emu oil can increase the effectiveness of nizoral as well as having it's own hair growth properties.

commando

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:29 pm

commando--if you are using the shampoo, know that "the harshness" is entirely separate from the active (keto) you seek. So you are repairing your scalp because of a harsh shampoo. That said, emu oil is supposedly, anti-inflammatory and anti DHT. But this is all very old school and of minimal benefit. Personally, I think peppermint oil trumps both, but with the possibility of sides.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 02, 2010 2:05 am

Should we be concerned about the antiandrogen effects of keto? I ask because when I first started using it I wanted to try to lower my testosterone and overall androgens, but now I understand that while lowering DHT to a modest extent is often beneficial, lowering testosterone is not really something I am trying to do.

On my regimen page I am trying to put together a natural herbal alternative to ketoconazole with anti-DHT but not full antiandrogen properties, and focusing of course on anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial properties. What do you guys think of that approach and the anti-testosterone effect of keto?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sun May 02, 2010 7:59 pm

i am mixing keto with Kirkland minoxidil.

what are your sources for keto?

thanks!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun May 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Gibson wrote:If you decide to use a keto shampoo, get this one:

Where can this be purchased in the UK?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 03, 2010 1:19 am

magic_gro wrote:i am mixing keto with Kirkland minoxidil.

what are your sources for keto?

thanks!

Oh erm, I believe United Pharmacy has ketoconazole tablets.

And yeah like, regenepure is my choice of keto shampoo, but obv that's not pure so you couldn't mix it with anything! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  coco Mon May 03, 2010 1:47 am

I have been looking at the Regenepure shampoo, does anyone know how much Keto is in it??

Im currently using Niz 2%, seems fine on the scalp, though my bottle is nearly done, and im thinking about ordering Regenepure DR, but will this compare to Niz 2 with Keto levels???

coco

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 03, 2010 3:56 am

Probably lower, maybe half, but then it has aloe vera and saw palmetto and stuff in it too. I'm thinking of just mixing my own keto equivalent though. CS is saying lithium orotate and DMSO, I'll give them a look but I'm feeling kinda drawn to herbs!

I might do saw palmetto + tea tree + olive leaf extract + aloe vera in Aubrey Organics Ginseng Biotin Shampoo or something similar Smile

I might eventually work up to lithium and DMSO when I feel a bit more confident!

As far as I can tell a good antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-dht mix SHOULD emulate keto, shouldn't it?

I wonder if keto does anything else smart that I'd be missing o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 am

beware... don't add dmso to a shampoo in a plastic bottle... move it into a glass one first... else dmso will eat up some of the plastic and transfer it into your skin!!!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 am

haha, is it really that strong?

Oh and would something along these lines form a good natural equivalent to keto? http://trustnature.com/store/seborrheic-dermatitis-oil.html

I know I should probably just go for lithium and DMSO, I guess I'm just taking it slow and safe for now!

The only thing I'm cautious of is the lavender, as I don't want to lower my testosterone... o.O

hmm, I wonder if the difference would be negligible anyway.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next