Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Internal regimen update (feedback?) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Internal regimen update (feedback?)

2 posters

Go down

Internal regimen update (feedback?) Empty Internal regimen update (feedback?)

Post  j87x Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:16 pm

I have been on this regimen for 4 or 5 months now. I have been experiencing reduced shedding and dandruff/scalp inflammation since. Along with some other topicals in conjunction I barely notice hairs falling out anymore, although there has been no regrowth or thickening. I'm quite convinced this regimen is helping because I have become lazy and skipped a few weeks taking it during the past few months, and during this time my seborrheaic dermatitis had gotten worse, I had to use my prescription shampoo (Clobex) again, and I started noticing more hair coming out.

I try to take the supplements sparingly since I want them to last and save money, but I don't want to just drop a supplement completely because it costs too much. Such as EC, not sure if I should re-order and continue to take sparingly or just drop it.
I also skip weekends because I read somewhere it might be a good idea to let your body rest a couple of days without any supplements.

Ecklonia cava extract - one 400mg cap 3x per week
Cod Liver oil - about 6000mg per day
Acetyl L-Carnitine & Alpha Lipoic Acid 500mg/200mg one cap per day
Probiotics - usually take one cap 3x per week, or depending on how I'm feeling (sometimes it gives me hard stool). Use Jarrow's EPS and Swanson's probiotic complex.
Magnesium Orotate - around 500mg daily
In the way of anti-stress/cortisol I have been switching it around, currently taking L-tyrosine, soon switching to relora then sensoril, as well as 1 tablet of lithium orotate per day.
Green Tea Extract - one cap per day
Taurine 1000mg per day
Chasteberry - one to two caps daily
GliSODen - 100mg daily
NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine) - 600mg once per day
trans-Resveratrol - 200mg once per day
LEF's Curcumin alternated with New Chapter's Tumeric Force, one cap per day
Tocotrienol/tocopherol complex - 1 cap per day, been using Jarrow's FamilE now switching to E-Gems Elite
Jarrowsil - 8 drops daily

In the way of vitamins, I do not take a multivitamin anymore because the good quality ones are too expensive and the cheap ones could apparently be bad for you. So I take most of the vitamins separately in better forms three times per week. I figure 3x is good enough to supply my body without overdosing and wasting the excess vitamins, and I try to get vitamins from food the days I don't take them.

So three times per week I've been taking:
Benfotiamine - one cap
Jarrow's B-right complex
Ester-C 500mg
Vanadly Sulfate - 10mg
Triple Boron - 3mg
Zinc 15mg + copper 1mg
Selenium - 200mcg
Chromium complex - 200mcg

It looks like some of these are no longer listed on the IH supplement page for some reason.

I've also been taking Lugol's iodine 1-2 drops daily, which seems to help with my energy levels, I'm not as tired as I was before. I haven't been taking raw thryroid capsules regularly but I think they help, I will need to further experiment with this.

Things I plan to add: L-lysine, red maca, maybe 7-HMR, maybe PM again in lower doses.

Feedback/advice appreciated, anything I should change/add, etc.. Thanks.. All in all I feel healthier and my hair doesn't shed nearly as much, I was skeptical at first and didn't expect to see any results but I think it's worth it. It's hard to tell which supplements help me the most since I started taking them all around the same time.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Internal regimen update (feedback?) Empty Re: Internal regimen update (feedback?)

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:35 pm

j87x - You can switch to a much cheaper form of Magnesium, that will save some $.

I wouldn't drop the EC, though.

Pretty interesting dosages
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down