Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case?

+3
CausticSymmetry
chapat
Paradox
7 posters

Go down

Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? Empty Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case?

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:11 am

Yea So basically that's my question...haha

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? Empty Re: Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case?

Post  chapat Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 am

LOL So why do you drink it then if it makes ya a stressed out nut?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case? Empty Re: Is caffeine terible for hair because it raises cortisol and makes me a stressed nut case?

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 am

JHarsh80 - Caffeine can raise cortisol levels for up to 18 hours. But can it cause hair loss? Probably not enough on its
own.

But you may have heard that topical caffeine helps hair growth. I tried it for a while, but didn't notice anything spectacular.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:30 am

Caffeine and Adrenals do not go together ~ and you do not want to mess with your adrenals, when they go south it can take years to rebuild them, it would be best to touch Caffeine with caution.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:17 pm

lund, my instinct tells me this is true.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:46 pm

I'd recommend staying away from caffeine. Even if it does raise cortisol levels slightly, when you factor in other things that already raise your cortisol levels in life (stress, bad foods, etc.), it's just one more thing that you don't need. I noticed no success topically Spring '08.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 pm

I was the worst coffee drinker I can think of. Had around 0.7 to a liter a day of the blackest, purest gunk you can think of. Add to that a nice rich and intensive expresso every two to three days. "Coincidentally", I literally lost half of my hair during that one year period.

Since I've stopped cold turkey, around nine months ago, so did the extremes of shedding. I don't think coffee caused, but merely amplified the effect, possibly through aggravating the already extreme stress levels.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:19 pm

There's one advantage I can think of for drinking caffeine:

It helps prevent iron from being absorbed from food.

So if I break down and have some taco's or a hamburger, I'll have some mountain dew with it cause atleast it'll help keep me from absorbing the iron in that red meat.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down