Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight?

3 posters

Go down

What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? Empty What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight?

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 pm

This has fascinated me for a while. You know people say that just out of the blue.. they're losing hair. But why?

As far as I can tell, DHT remains static with age. Testosterone declines with age, estrogen increases with age, 5ar2 activity actually DECREASES with age apparently. Prostate size increases with age, hair loss increases with age, body hair growth increases with age.

But HOW?

If 5ar2 and DHT are static or declining.. then how on EARTH is the body hair and scalp hair being affected as if it's under the influence of androgens? And the prostate, seems to be more androgen mediated and dominated. What the?

Assuming that everything I have written above is correct.. (which is may not be, but I believe it is), the only remaining factor that might increase is the number of androgen receptors, but it seems unlikely that one day they just shoot up.

So.. IS it estrogen? O.O

and if so howcome fin works on hair loss and DIM doesn't? Man, my brain has trouble keeping up with all this ._.

Hoppi
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? Empty Re: What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight?

Post  baller234 Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Actually I heard that 5ar2 increases with age. Also I think estradiol makes DHT more potent. Probably as men age, their estrogen metabolism shifts to the less favorable metaboblites as well. This is bad because the good estradiol metabolites displace estradiol from SHBG and I've also heard that they inhibit 5ar2. Also CS has stated that estradiol is able to trigger the prolactin receptor which triggers more 5ar2 (could be why 5ar2 increases with age). So yes, I think the increase in estradiol has a lot to do with it. A clean diet with lots of omega 3s, probiotics, and phytoestrogens will do wonders for estradiol and estrogen metabolism.

baller234

Back to top Go down

What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? Empty Re: What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight?

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Interesting.

Yeah I mean, 5ar2 becoming more potent would explain what is happening perfectly, as it would explain why DHT doesn't seem to increase with age, and yet androgen expression seems to increase (because what testosterone there IS gets converted to DHT in follicles and the prostate much more readily). That would pretty much explain everything, but of course I would want to do more research before I go for that as the definite reason Smile

Big question though!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 am

I'd like to hear more about this - bump - CS--input?
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:00 am

We are having a great chat about this on HLT. If it's cool I'd like to link across Smile

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61262

No definitive answers yet, but some forward movement I think! ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:13 am

Thanks Hoppi What changes that makes men suddenly start losing hair overnight? Icon_smile
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down