Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation

+10
YARO
long hair
Columbo
SonofOdin
hiilikeyourbeard
Yanks
ElmoSuper8
CausticSymmetry
Xenon
14 posters

Go down

the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation Empty the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation

Post  Xenon Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:38 am

...just thought i'd touch upon this... every time i'm feeling exhausted, i always feel scalp inflammation. this is because of cells being in oxygen debt - caused by over-activity and not getting enough sleep afterwards. low oxygen in the blood leads to acidosis. because the galea region is tighter than many other body tissues, oxygen levels are lower, thus making this area more prone to ph imbalance.

so, if you are experiencing inflammation due to exhaustion, always make sure you get plenty of sleep in a well ventilated room. if your room is not adequately ventilated, you will be breathing in the waste c02 acid gas you breathed out. c02 causes further acidosis in the scalp, but breathing in fresh oxygen will restore blood ph balance.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation Empty Re: the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 am

Based on many conversations, hair loss appears to be exacerbated by poor sleep. Some of the methods I have tried over the years, have either directly or indirectly improved my sleep. Part of this has to do with managing corticotropin releasing factor, others are improving respiration of the cells, improving phase II detoxification.

Generally, there is a lot of confusion in the area of acidity and alkalinity, however that exhausted/fatigued feeling is an indication of inflammation and poor oxygen. What happens inside the cell gets to the mitochondria of the matter.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation Empty Re: the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:27 am

Hi CS, what methods have you used to improve sleep? I believe insomnia has put my stress levels through the roof which caused my hair loss.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:34 am

I definitely end up in an inflamed state when I'm lacking sleep. I used to be up until around 5am on a typical Saturday night (no drinking involved, but I'm a musician and we tend to have very late weekend nights) and UP at 4am on Monday morning. I could actually see how bloated my face would get in this transition in sleep cycles. Of course, my scalp, joints, skin mental health suffered as well.

That being said, poor diet choices have always affected my hair much more than lack of sleep.

What has helped me with improved sleep significantly has been cutting out stimulants (caffeine, cocoa, refined sugars) and eating an organic SCD type diet. and of course trying to avoid late nights in general.

Oh and fasting has helped me long term in general in getting my health straight.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:48 am

I hardly ever drink coffee, but, last month, I decided to start drinking it in work... had a cup of coffee more than I should and suffered scalp inflammation, bloating and nausea. It was just an all round nasty feeling. I also notice that boozing on the weekend causes my face to become puffy and look like shit.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:14 pm

coffee and alcohol have them effect for me
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:43 am

I personally think sleep might be a major contributing factor to hair loss. If you give any credence to the galea theories, in those with sleep issues, disturbed neurotransmitters often lead to issues like jaw clenching and teeth grinding in sleep. The muscles that get overworked here include the temporalis muscles which insert on the galea. We create a great deal of tension in sleep when our sleep is disturbed. Dopamine imbalances lead to sleep disturbance. A great many things can upset dopamine balance. To me, its all connected. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were a sleep component involved in many of us with MPB. Any hypoxic state during sleep will result in upset dopamine levels.

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:26 pm

102 wrote:I personally think sleep might be a major contributing factor to hair loss. If you give any credence to the galea theories, in those with sleep issues, disturbed neurotransmitters often lead to issues like jaw clenching and teeth grinding in sleep. The muscles that get overworked here include the temporalis muscles which insert on the galea. We create a great deal of tension in sleep when our sleep is disturbed. Dopamine imbalances lead to sleep disturbance. A great many things can upset dopamine balance. To me, its all connected. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were a sleep component involved in many of us with MPB. Any hypoxic state during sleep will result in upset dopamine levels.

Something we agree on! I've stated this in another thread. My theory is that hairloss is directly related to whatever inflammation comes from facial tension (especially jaw). Look at men with no hair loss they seem to just have relaxed faces, less stress in the face and especially jaw. So sleep could absolutely play a roll and that. I have TMJ and I always wondered if that had something to do with it.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:06 pm

The same time my hair loss became extremely aggressive, I also had begun developing TMJ. Whether there exists a correlation I do not know, but it would sometimes get so bad that it'd be tough to speak till I warmed up my jaw. I still have it to this day and don't know how to relieve all this tension in my jaw and face. My only cure has been guided meditation tracks but I rarely have time to do it regularly... Sleeps key though I really like this thread it's the basics like these that pack the biggest punch I feel.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:22 pm

SonofOdin wrote:The same time my hair loss became extremely aggressive, I also had begun developing TMJ. Whether there exists a correlation I do not know, but it would sometimes get so bad that it'd be tough to speak till I warmed up my jaw. I still have it to this day and don't know how to relieve all this tension in my jaw and face. My only cure has been guided meditation tracks but I rarely have time to do it regularly... Sleeps key though I really like this thread it's the basics like these that pack the biggest punch I feel.

I developed TMJ when I was 13, but I do strongly feel that the facial muscles play a large roll in hair loss. If you raise your eyebrows if clearly moves some muscles and tissue all underneath your scalp. So you have to assume that what you do with your face is effecting the muscles under your scalp so yeah. If I don't get proper sleep my TMJ is at least 5X worse. Especially headaches. Cheers.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat May 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Well, what we do now know - sleep deprivation is implicated in a rise in PGD2 and inflammatory cytokines. In fact, when I sit around for too long I start to become sleepy and my scalp always flares up at this point (anyone else notice this??). It's only when I stand up and start walking around does the drowsiness and inflammation go away.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm

When I broke my nose I had to wait a year to get it fixed, which meant I couldn't breath properly during sleep. Could be wrong but I think that's when my hairloss really kicked in.

Hardly surprising, sleep critical to so many aspects of health... cortisol, adrenals, blood pressure, blood sugar, arterial/heart health, neurotransmitters ... there's not much health wise sleep doesn't effect.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun May 29, 2016 12:16 am

Interesting, Columbo. When I was working a night reception job I remember when I was sat on my ass too long, my eyes started getting drowsy and the scalp always started to inflame. I think there's definitely a surge in PGD2 / cytokines here (according to studies I later read, there is). As mentioned, how I remedied this was getting up and walking around for a while until I felt awake and energized. I don't exactly know why this helps, but I suppose that extended periods of inactivity slows the metabolism to the point where you start getting sleepy and more PGD2 is synthesized (it is involved in making us drowsy / sleepy), but doing the opposite (remaining active), seems to have a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Sun May 29, 2016 2:48 am

102 wrote:in those with sleep issues, disturbed neurotransmitters often lead to issues like jaw clenching and teeth grinding in sleep.

i thought i am the only one ?? is it another common factor between baldies?? ...any others have the same Shocked ??
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  YARO Sun May 29, 2016 11:01 am

Anyone here interested in taking Seti for PGD2 inhibition? I want to give the PG protocol a try as well as everything i am taking now. That would be a pretty crazy and expensive regimen but i think that the PG protocol is the ONLY hope we have to get actual regrowth.

YARO

Back to top Go down

Post  SoloDomo Mon May 30, 2016 5:22 am

Remember to sleep in lukewarm conditions as PGD2 is used to regulate sleep temperature

SoloDomo

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Mon May 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Columbo wrote:When I broke my nose I had to wait a year to get it fixed, which meant I couldn't breath properly during sleep. Could be wrong but I think that's when my hairloss really kicked in.

Hardly surprising, sleep critical to so many aspects of health... cortisol, adrenals, blood pressure, blood sugar, arterial/heart health, neurotransmitters ... there's not much health wise sleep doesn't effect.

This is an interesting observation.

It's common for people to experience swelling of the nasal passages at night. During night the body produces less cortisol, which is an anti-inflammatory. During the day, cortisol prevents inflammation and swelling. Could it be the case that during night, some people have such low levels of cortisol that there is excessive inflammation? In that case, would it be a downstream effect of adrenal fatigue?

I definitely notice that my breathing is worse at night. Even when I'm feeling sleepy or tired, I notice my breathing becomes worse because of increased swelling.

I think this issue is worth exploring. For example, the negative effects of sleep apnea are due to reduced oxygen supply during sleep over the course of years.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:22 pm

I prefer simpler explanations.

The nose gets more congested during sleep as people dehydrate. What I just learned while making this post is that dehydration can increase histamine production.

The pillow can cause inflammation in various ways, to the nose and scalp. Keeping it clean and hypoallergenic of course helps.

Edit: it's well-known that lack of sleep weakens the immune system, which allows for example pathogens to cause extra inflammation.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:04 pm

The pillow can cause inflammation in various ways, to the nose and scalp. Keeping it clean and hypoallergenic of course helps.

Edit: it's well-known that lack of sleep weakens the immune system, which allows for example pathogens to cause extra inflammation.

Yes, I did create various posts in the past on how the pillow can become a breeding ground for bacteria / fungus, and how they can infect tissue rich in sebum and sweat (the temples). Secondly, the compression issue from the pillow can lead to autophagy, so I think that both factors are involved.

And, yes - sleep deprivation + pathogenesis + inflammation are also connected to PGD2 production. Apparently, when pathogens build up, PGD2 increases so we become sleepy and have a better chance of fighting off infection. It's also interesting to note that PGD2 is linked to depression / fatigue, which makes me wonder if many depressed people are suffering from some sort of internal infection.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  YARO Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:51 am

Xenon wrote:

Yes, I did create various posts in the past on how the pillow can become a breeding ground for bacteria / fungus, and how they can infect tissue rich in sebum and sweat (the temples). Secondly, the compression issue from the pillow can lead to autophagy, so I think that both factors are involved.

And, yes - sleep deprivation + pathogenesis + inflammation are also connected to PGD2 production. Apparently, when pathogens build up, PGD2 increases so we become sleepy and have a better chance of fighting off infection. It's also interesting to note that PGD2 is linked to depression / fatigue, which makes me wonder if many depressed people are suffering from some sort of internal infection.

Is anybody here trying Setipiprant? It seems like PGD2 is the most crucial thing to take care of when trying to regrow hair on a bald scalp and that is a fact from Dr. Cotsarelis. The entire immortal regimen plus a swisstemples like protocol might be the best regimen to regrow hair because its fully backed up by facts from CS and Dr. Cotsarelis who goes into more of the genetic side of hair loss.

YARO

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:26 pm

No not taking Seti, YARO. Have there been any other success stories apart from Swiss yet? Last I heard from Bogv I think he said he was starting to see results, but I don't think he's updated for a while.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:22 pm

the importance of sleep to alleviate scalp inflammation Humility-silhouette-kneeling-man-praying-man-prayer-the-trent-e1409473184717
Do not lose your faith. We are here together to help each other. I'm really glad I have you guys. It gives me a lot of faith. Life will get better and that's why it's important to try to enjoy it right now. This will make you a stronger person. It's a saying, but it's so true.
john3333
john3333

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down