Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!?

+4
steventerrell
sanderson
Zaphod
Duketronix
8 posters

Go down

Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? Empty Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!?

Post  Duketronix Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:20 pm

So I've been buying plants for my house so the air will be cleaner and the effect is already noticeable to me. While researching the topic though I came across one thing I thought would be interesting to some of the users on this site.

Apparently some plants like the Peace Lilly can reduce mold spores in the air by up to %60?? I haven't looked into this very thoroughly yet but did find a bunch of articles with NASA giving their top 10 plants or top 19 plants to reduce various types of airborne substances. I'd be curious to see anyone's thoughts or if anyone would/could look into this even more.

Here's a random link though.

http://www.scarceecoed.org/green-how-to/green-tips/237-peace-lily-reduces-mold.html

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? Empty Re: Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!?

Post  Zaphod Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:29 pm

here's my info about the subject:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/kamal_meattle_on_how_to_grow_your_own_fresh_air.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/13/nyregion/cuttings-need-an-air-freshener-try-plants.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!? Empty Re: Plants to clean your air in the house. and mold?!?

Post  sanderson Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Beebrox wrote:here's my info about the subject:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/kamal_meattle_on_how_to_grow_your_own_fresh_air.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/13/nyregion/cuttings-need-an-air-freshener-try-plants.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

great info on that ted talk. i'm definetely going to lowes this weekend lol.

for anyone with experience in this, how do you keep these plants alive in the home? i'm assuming you have to keep them next to a window, perhaps i will put them on tables next to windows, but it does seem like a lot of plants. in that ted talk, he is saying you need at least 6 per person for that one plant and he recommends 3 different ones. i have a window next to my computer that is about 4-5 feet across... maybe i will buy 6 of those plants and put them next to the window there, that would be a good start. i just dont want them to die if lack of sun, especially since its starting to be winter now hmm....
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Some of the plants need plenty of light and sun, others almost none. The same goes with water, etc.

I advice you to check one by one in google and provide proper environment to make quality symbiosis with it... You need plenty of green plants inside to clear the air, agree. But's it's worth it.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  steventerrell Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm

nice read. I have always noticed our house is cooler inside since we have a lot of ferns and bonsai plants around. My wife likes to keep those around the house. Now i know what for.

steventerrell

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 pm

fyi.. look up if you have pets if these are poisonous. mother in law tongue is poisionus to cats and dogs, i bought it and then someone mentioned to look it up since i have some cats... not sure about the others tho.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am

yeah pothos or devil's ivy is poisonous too.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Duke what kind of effects did adding the plants have exactly?

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 am

The effects I've noticed are manly related to air quality. I tend to get a little stuffy overnight and haven't had the issue in a week or so now (I think form the peace lillies?)
The humidity in my house seems to be up a little bit overall since I constantly control the level of(due to expensive wooden instruments that I don't want warping or getting mold) but i've noticed it gets a a bit higher now. The other factor for me has been deeper sleeps with more vivid dreams. I attribute this to the Snake Bite plants which I put in my bedroom. I got some massive ones and put them on either side of my bed. These plants are known to not only clean the air but to give off massive (relatively speaking) amounts of oxygen at night making them ideal for the bedroom.
The difference isn't HUGE, like is I were to take some pharmaceutical drug, but it is noticeable.

I also like the psychological aspect of having plants around. Didn't think I'd notice it much but it just feels good having living natural things in my environment instead of just plastic and plaster everywhere.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:10 am

Top Houseplants for Improving Indoor Air Quality
http://www.cleanairgardening.com/houseplants.html

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  mak123 Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:29 am

Duketronix wrote:.. I attribute this to the Snake Bite plants which I put in my bedroom. ..

What other names does plant have ? Latin one ?

mak123

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am

Sansevieria trifasciata

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down