Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff

+4
RisingFist
Zaphod
IHtryer
8 posters

Go down

cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff Empty cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff

Post  IHtryer Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 pm

So, I've been suffering from diffuse thinning in the temples and have been following IH regimen(EC, decal, res+curcumin, Vit D3, Vit C, iodoral ...etc) for almost a year now. Not to mention, I've even incorporated the manual methods(ferox, papilla) for the past 4 months.

In addition to all these, as a mostly lurker on this site, I've been trying any and all tips for hair care as well, be it, rotating my hair care products(no harsh commercial shampoos, only organic hair products, 1/wk Nizoral), Mg Oil, Rejuveplex, ACV, essential oils, emu, coconut oil pulling etc) for atleast 8 months now. I dont eat junk food at all, eat healthy lean meats and veggies, not to mention I work out a lot and lead a very active life.

And yet, even though I'm yet to see any positive signs for my efforts from a hairloss perspective(which is a whole another topic and I know, many of you here will preach more patience on), I was hoping to at the very least shake of my pesky dandruff. But no such luck. Actually given that I now brush with the boar bristle brush daily, if anything, I see a lot more white flakes falling from my head.

Any body out there know, what might be missing piece in all of this?

IHtryer

Back to top Go down

cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff Empty Re: cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff

Post  Zaphod Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Wounding methods by definition make some inflammation. Excess sebum resulting in dandruff is result of viral/bacterial/fungal infection you have to get rid of first. Imo plenty of sun -not to plenty, helps as well as ACV, coconut oil, sea water, LLLT... If you've tried all of what you are saying already and see no results, i cant think of anything else but you covered not whole part of the story. That means mold and pathogens exposure might be doing some harm or/and EMF polution. Test your living places and food for mold, but also your environment for EMF polution. If you suspect a problem, many educational posts about this topic are found on this boards.

http://www.survivingmold.com/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/22/mold-and-other-chronic-diseases.aspx?e_cid=20120722_SNL_Art_1

There are magnetic fields below 10G=1mT, that already mess up the whole endocrine system. In frequency range frequencies below 100hz, if not done with care do most of the harm. House wirings are cycling at 50/60hz and do harm most of the time. If you're heavily exposed i dont think you can do any serious progress untill you address it and find a solution first. How's your sleep?

And remember it's a regeneration that is the point in wounding methods, not wounding itself.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff Empty Re: cant seem to shake-off persistent dandruff

Post  987 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:40 am

zinc deficiency I believe. I used to have bad annoying dandruff also for years, but no longer.

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Got the same problem, sometimes it subsides and sometimes it comes back with a vengence. I used to think I have enough problems with hair loss at least get rid of dandruff but now I wonder if dandruff is the reason for my hair loss...you may have a nutrient deficiency, candida, or an autoimmune disorder. You probably have to experiment on yourself and rule things out one by one. Maybe do the candida diet and start introducing foods to see what you can tolerate and what gives you dandruff. It takes time but you only need to do it once and you will always know what causes your dandruff long term and what doesn't so it's worth it.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  IHtryer Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Beebrox - thanks for the links about mold and other home living factors. I'll look into see which of that might be applicable to me and if I can correct any.

I've been taking Zn supplement daily for a while now. I have also done metal detox/GSE/Oil of Oregano before along with being on candida diet for 4 weeks sometime back. However, I can convincingly say that there was no time window where I was completely dandruff free(sic!)

IHtryer

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:49 am

Have you tried green pasture cod liver oil? I've read a few reports where it has eliminated dandruff. I hate to see someone doing everything and no get any results. Let us know if you fix it.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Brushing and water only no shampoo seems to have 90% eliminated dandruff for me.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:10 am

You mentioned doing all those things for your gut health/clearing candida but do you take a good probiotic or probiotics?

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  IHtryer Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Duketronix wrote:You mentioned doing all those things for your gut health/clearing candida but do you take a good probiotic or probiotics?

hmmm... I did do some probiotics as well when on candida cleanse routine, but do not clearly remember how consistent I was with it. But, I've been doing a daily probiotic for the week or so which I plan on continuing to see if there any positive results. For now I'm using this guy http://www.amazon.com/Trunature-Digestive-Probiotic-Cultures-Capsules/dp/B003OJYEI8

Also, after reading up the benefits of D3 with Vita A, i'm now doing the Vit D3(D3 cholecalciferol) + Vit A(animal based) + K2-M7 regularly now as well. Earlier even though I used to supplement D3, never regularly took it with Vit A. Isn't the Vit A supplementation not sufficient to not have to take Cod Liver Oil?

IHtryer

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Sounds like some good stuff, I'm sure you'll get it under control if you keep at it.

For me personally I always get dandruff and even some scaling on the back of my head if my diet isn't clean. By that I mean no processed foods/sugars and especially little to no breads/gluten, though I seem fine with Kamut bread. It comes back like clockwork for me if I veer off course but I have noticed if I'm taking supplements it doesn't get AS bad. But usually if I'm eating poorly it's because I'm on the road or away from home and don't have the chance to make meals and take supps.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Antifungal in shampoo temporarily get rid of mine, like grapefruit seed extract or wild oregano oil. It's fungal and I think infects the sebum.

Annoying, I know Sad
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IHtryer Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:13 am

hoppipolla wrote:Antifungal in shampoo temporarily get rid of mine, like grapefruit seed extract or wild oregano oil. It's fungal and I think infects the sebum.

Annoying, I know Sad

You mean, GSE & oregano oil taken orally or did you somehow spike the shampoo with those?

IHtryer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tessi Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:36 am

Ok, so not only did I have have to change my shampoo. I had to focus on eating my greens and drink at least one litre of water a day. Another thing that helped ALOT was taking coconut oil internally. 2 tbl per day. One in the morning, one at night. Topically, I rub in rosemarry essential oil sparingly because too much is toxic. I also use a q-tip to dab it on in my eyebrows too because they were getting very flaky, ick' ...and my experience with rosemarry essential oil is very good and takes care of fungus right away. Topically after that I use coconut oil over top of that for moisture and this also helped, I got quick results! Check your local health food store for essential oils and a better grade of coconut oil.

Tessi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down