Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods

+4
dudebro
theseeker86
whodathunkit
Amaranthaceae
8 posters

Go down

I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods Empty I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:56 am

.. But I dont really care because I feel those hairs were doomed already.

Anyone else having bad sheds from doing the manual methods?

I hope some will grow out again, but at the moment my hair is thinner than it ever was in the front.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods Empty Re: I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods

Post  whodathunkit Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 am

I shed quite a bit in the beginning of manual methods. gpb2000 said he lost a lot of hair. Papi said you lose hair when you first start doing manual methods, for the reason you said: those "crippled" hairs are doomed anyway. I think duel_black lost hair in the beginning, as well.

FWIW, my hair's much better now. I'm not out of the woods yet by any means, but nothing will make me give up the manual methods. I enjoy them (find them relaxing), and they've helped slow my shedding. The texture, volume, and behavior of my existing hair has improved 100%. I believe I'm regrowing, as well.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods Empty Re: I had a massive shed of frontal hairs first two weeks of doing manual methods

Post  theseeker86 Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:30 am

In regards to the "manual method" i believe it's quite normal to expect a shed when in the early stages of trying the treatment. I recall quite a few users where reporting in saying they experienced quite large sheds shortly after starting the "method"

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:03 am

yeah I've been quite vocal about my shed... 1-2 months in and i went from a norwood 3 to a norwood 5 no joke. i will say all the hair that falls is very thin and weak. the stronger hairs rarely hair. the only good thing I'm noticing is that the back of my head is REgrowing hair really fast. i had a distinct balding line in the shape of a half circle behind my head. now i have a misshapen crooked oval where it filled in from the sides of my back and is def thicker, I'm comparing pics from like 2 years ago which says a lot. the only thing i can think of that explains this is that these hairs have better access to already established blood supply from the hairs that don't ever seem to bald. my front looks horrible but if I'm right, i think it will regrow from back to front.. just like a baby grows hair..... we will see.

also i was on rogaine so i shed extra.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:05 am

same lost quite a bit of hair in the first month & it's still happening but doesnt seem to be as much now.
will keep at it though.
However my "itch" is VERY mild compared to what it was, especially in the crown area. not sure its gone because of the force from the massages or incresed bloodflow. Keep at it cpio!
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:10 am

Thanks yeah I will keep at it ... my front is just so thin - it used to look ok, now its very thinny. Oh well .... I enjoy doing the massages and will keep doing them.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:51 am

It simply means the hair was sick and was going to fall out anyways, you likely just stimulated it to come out earlier.
Now you have to just hope that it is capable of regrowth, and manual methods alone would not ensure that, make sure you cover all bases.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:23 am

cpio wrote:

Thanks yeah I will keep at it ... my front is just so thin - it used to look ok, now its very thinny. Oh well .... I enjoy doing the massages and will keep doing them.

btw Cpio have you noticed many spots appearing on your scalp after doing your manual methods? I've noticed quite a few on my scalp, notably around the hairline & forehead. This could be from the increased sebum production in the glands as a response to the stimulation of the massages. was thinking maybe of increasing my Vit A
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

By spots do you mean like blemishes?

I had quite a bit of shedding but it is DEFINITELY improving now. I started doing this in march and have been keeping at it until this past week when I went on a roadtrip. Still did a little massaging but not my usual full deal and didn't eat as well as I usually do.

I got quite a bit of blemishes around my hairline when I started doing this. I think it was pores and follicles being unclogged and what not. The exfoliation and subsequent skin peeling I would have makes me think the hairs there were covered up by skin after being strangled for so long.
Anyway, back to my routine today! Can't wait to get back at it. Really feel less awake/alive without my exercise and healthy diet.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 am

Duketronix wrote:By spots do you mean like blemishes?

I had quite a bit of shedding but it is DEFINITELY improving now. I started doing this in march and have been keeping at it until this past week when I went on a roadtrip. Still did a little massaging but not my usual full deal and didn't eat as well as I usually do.

I got quite a bit of blemishes around my hairline when I started doing this. I think it was pores and follicles being unclogged and what not. The exfoliation and subsequent skin peeling I would have makes me think the hairs there were covered up by skin after being strangled for so long.
Anyway, back to my routine today! Can't wait to get back at it. Really feel less awake/alive without my exercise and healthy diet.

Yep blemishes, guess my actions are having some impact & I've also noticed a major increase in density of vellus hair at the temples. About a month ago I got a huge spot / blemish right on my hairline. it was very sore when I massaged the frontal regions but it cleared away after a week. I'm noticing alot of blemishes, their rate is not really slowing down either. Will keep at it though.
Same as me, any time I'm away from home my diet & routine suffers. It kinda feels I'm undoing any progress I make.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 am

Ohhh yes, the really thin, weak hairs will definitely come out like the other guys are saying. For me, a lot of dandruff was also flying around the first two weeks, and I was always good about using ACV to get rid of the dandruff.

blahblahblah

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 am

I noticed blemishes on my forehead but thought it is my rosacea acting up because of increased
bloodflow - it also do that after intense physical activity. It was really bad to begin with
but now is much better. Maybe even better than before starting the manual methods. I might not have real rosacea anymore actually. Not sure.

Btw Hali-l what diet are you doing - and is it helping your hair also? I am on a pretty strict no-sugar and no-refined-processed foods diet.

Hali-L wrote:
cpio wrote:

btw Cpio have you noticed many spots appearing on your scalp after doing your manual methods? I've noticed quite a few on my scalp, notably around the hairline & forehead. This could be from the increased sebum production in the glands as a response to the stimulation of the massages. was thinking maybe of increasing my Vit A

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 am

[quote="cpio"]
I noticed blemishes on my forehead but thought it is my rosacea acting up because of increased
bloodflow - it also do that after intense physical activity. It was really bad to begin with
but now is much better. Maybe even better than before starting the manual methods. I might not have real rosacea anymore actually. Not sure.

Btw Hali-l what diet are you doing - and is it helping your hair also? I am on a pretty strict no-sugar and no-refined-processed foods diet.

[quote="Hali-L"][quote="cpio"]

I've been reading up on some of ray peats diet recently. really good! & prague's old diet was also very helpful to me. some guys here were also kind enough to give advice a while back about diet, thanks FATE.

I made the diet change about 3 months ago & dont really follow any specific Diet but I've reduced gluten almost to nothing, which I found really hard because I love breads, (gluten free bread sucks!), avoid eating fructose syrup & all refined sugars. Avoiding all BAD fats, dont eat processed food anymore. I prepare all my dinners freshly, eat grass fed beef only, calf's liver / fish once or twice a week. I'm lucky I live in Ireland because imo we have the best beef in Europe / world. eating alot of vegatables, raw & cooked. leafy salads & alot of brocolli / potatoes / carrots / onions all of which I grow on my home farm. I'm still introducing good foods into my diet all the time. FOOD IS LOVE Very Happy

Has it helped my hair?? . . . . Thus far I wouldnt say it has, but I dont feel as much inflamination in my scalp anymore. not sure if that's attributed to massages or diet. The "itch" was at its worst when my diet was really bad. My mood has changed BIGTIME! I feel stronger, sharper & more upbeat about things, especially hairloss.

Cpio has your diet helped your hair?
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:16 am

lets hope you dont have rosacea. did you find that certain foods make it worse?
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 pm

I also did not eat gluten for a whole year - but now I eat bread again and there is no problem. Prague also eat gluten bread now - for most people I think its no problem for their hair as long as the digest the gluten fine.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 am

cpio wrote:
I also did not eat gluten for a whole year - but now I eat bread again and there is no problem. Prague also eat gluten bread now - for most people I think its no problem for their hair as long as the digest the gluten fine.

I just noticed when I used to eats breads, especially white bread types I would get abdominal bloating & I remember that I used to get constipation alot. perhaps I had problems digesting excess gluten. But thats back when I was very ignorant to what I ate. I ate alot of crap then. I still get a small bit of constipation but no way as bad since I improved my diet.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 pm

It is nice to hear you are doing that Hali-l, sounds like you eat alot of good and healing foods - Wish I had some land to grown my own veggies and roots on. Maybe sometime I will.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 am

FWIW, the violet ray really does seem to add something to the manual methods. To cut time on my toilette and because I get lazy sometimes, I had stopped doing the VR except a couple of times a week. Last week I started doing it daily again and can feel the difference in my scalp. More tingly in general throughout the day, and the other pieces of my manual methods routine (brushing, massage, scritching) seem more stimulating.

Thought I'd throw that out there. I know VR's can be pricey, but I'm struck all over again how much I really like this gadget.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 am

cpio wrote:
It is nice to hear you are doing that Hali-l, sounds like you eat alot of good and healing foods - Wish I had some land to grown my own veggies and roots on. Maybe sometime I will.

Thanks cpio , It's much better than depending on the supermarket for all my veg, which as you know is force grown & may not be of the highest quality nutritionally! But the climate is not great in Ireland, so we can only grow certain veg & the soils are not as fertile as years ago so veg quality is not as high as in the past. hopefully some day you can grow your own, are there any farmer's markets near you? bet they would be better than supermarkets for veg.....

btw hope the shedding has slowed down!
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:46 am

whodathunkit wrote:FWIW, the violet ray really does seem to add something to the manual methods. To cut time on my toilette and because I get lazy sometimes, I had stopped doing the VR except a couple of times a week. Last week I started doing it daily again and can feel the difference in my scalp. More tingly in general throughout the day, and the other pieces of my manual methods routine (brushing, massage, scritching) seem more stimulating.

Thought I'd throw that out there. I know VR's can be pricey, but I'm struck all over again how much I really like this gadget.

Really impressed by your regime, progress (saw the pics) & attitude whoda Very Happy

I was considering buying a violet ray & from malinak but they are very expensive so I have been looking at alternatives, I believe they could be an effective tool to add to my regime. not sure what power range or voltage is the best though. what voltage is yours & how much did you pay for it? I had a quick look on the site you said where you bought it but I couldnt find it. when I eventually buy one I want to make sure I get the correct one.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down