Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST)

+5
runaway
CausticSymmetry
gg4545
rofl
sanderson
9 posters

Go down

Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) Empty Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST)

Post  sanderson Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 pm

i just got a test on my liver and found out my liver is seriously screwed up. My ALT level is like 130 and the range is supposed to go up to only 58.

I have been doing iodine, heavy metal cleanse, MANY potent anti fungal/viral/bacterial type things in the past (not recently though, mybe about 2 or 3 months before the test was taken). The thing is, I FEEL better, however, my digestive system is screwed up. My stool will come out in random different colors, green, clay brown, I've had blood in the stool before.. I think it all relates, not sure how though. I'm only eating fruit/vegetables/meat at this point.

My doctor now gave me a bunch more tests and I'm going to get my liver and abdomen checked by some MRI machine or some other machine.

I'm thinking I'm going to do the liver cleanse from curezone, but not sure if continued use of all these detoxing thinsg may be contributing or not?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) Empty Re: Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST)

Post  rofl Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 pm

u may just have a fatty liver, and despite wat u have been told, this can happen even if ur the healthiest person. fatty liver raises liver enzymes, and doctors allow for it. for e.g. my doc isnt worried at all about my high (~140) enzymes because he knows its just a fatty liver. Of course fatty liver could be cos of a bad diet but not neccessarily.

also check for benign lesions, or cysts. (look for malignancies too but usually they r benign) these can press against the bile duct and cause bile blockages which results in differnt coloured stool.

source? i learnt about this in physiology at university, and also from my own experience.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST) Empty Re: Will detox/iodine/heavymetalcleanse cause high liver enzymes? (ALT/AST)

Post  sanderson Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Anxious1 wrote:u may just have a fatty liver, and despite wat u have been told, this can happen even if ur the healthiest person. fatty liver raises liver enzymes, and doctors allow for it. for e.g. my doc isnt worried at all about my high (~140) enzymes because he knows its just a fatty liver. Of course fatty liver could be cos of a bad diet but not neccessarily.

also check for benign lesions, or cysts. (look for malignancies too but usually they r benign) these can press against the bile duct and cause bile blockages which results in differnt coloured stool.

source? i learnt about this in physiology at university, and also from my own experience.

i see. well my diet has been pretty damn good so it's probably not from a bad diet. i guess i will see what happens with the liver scan or whatever it is.

thanks for the bile info.

what do u think about this liver cleanse for that problem?

Ingredients

Epsom salts 4 tablespoons
3 cups of water
3 cups water ( =750 ml = 7.5 dl ) (P.S .!! 1 cup = 250 ml = 2.5 dl = 0.25 l )

Olive oil 1/2 (half) cup (light olive oil is easier to get down), and for best results, ozonate it for 20 minutes. Add 2 drops HCl.
Fresh pink grapefruit 1 large or 2 small, enough to squeeze 2/3 cup juice. Hot wash twice first and dry each time.
Ornithine 4 to 8, to be sure you can sleep. Don't skip this or you may have the worst night of your life!
Large plastic straw To help drink potion.
Pint jar with lid

Black Walnut Tincture, any strength 10 to 20 drops, to kill parasites coming from the liver.

http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp

i'm just worried about the epsom salts because i saw someone mentioned that you can actually DIE from epsom salts.. not sure i want to take that risk...

sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

start slow with the liver flushes

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:30 am

If you want to lower liver enzymes, you need glutathione enhancement. NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), Lipoic Acid, Selenium.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  runaway Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:47 am

would go for the liver flashes at all...had pretty tough reactions on this myself

runaway

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:42 pm

runaway wrote:would go for the liver flashes at all...had pretty tough reactions on this myself

are you saying you would or would not? it looks like you said would not.

my doctor ordered a liver scan and more blood tests, so i'll see that goes.

If you want to lower liver enzymes, you need glutathione enhancement. NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), Lipoic Acid, Selenium.

thank you, will get that. so from my understanding, gluthione gives your body the power to fight viruses, correct? is the high liver enzyme saying i have high viruses or something ilke that, and that is why gluthione is good for this?

start slow with the liver flushes

have you done them before? what is the deal with the dieing from it?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:04 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:If you want to lower liver enzymes, you need glutathione enhancement. NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), Lipoic Acid, Selenium.

any particular selenium or just any random brand from walgreens will do?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 am

What is your vitamin A intake?

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 am

takingaction wrote:What is your vitamin A intake?

pretty bad actually when i just took a look at the sources of it. i really need to get on using the calorie counter frmo about.com

would vitamin A do something like this?

i actually got my liver retested again and it is almost back in range....so im not sure waht had happened.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:13 pm

In addition to the supps CS mentioned, here are some others I'd recommend for liver health, which is critical for detoxification and glutathione production.

Choline; egg yolks are a wonderful source and a phosphatidylcholine supplement is also and has other benefits to nerve health and works as a bile stimulant.

Choline in addition to methionine have been shown to almost eliminate problems with fatty liver.

Methionine; enough protein in the diet should suffice but perhaps taking your selenium as selenomethionine would be beneficial.

There is a video on this site featuring Chris Shade and he discussed how plant antioxidants stimulate glutathione, and the one he mentions specifically is EGCG from green tea. I would imagine others, such as curcumin and also lipoic acid would do the same.

Raw cow's milk, depending on your toleration of dairy, contains glutathione, although I'm not aware of how much. Eating a diet rich in vegetables and some fruits should also be beneficial as many of these contain natural glutathione if only in small amounts.

And also, I believe the liver oil flushes to be a joke (I know many don't agree with this). There are better ways to stimulate bile flow and clean stagnant bile. Taurine, curcumin, bitter greens, and phosphatidylcholine are all great bile stimulators. Taken with a supplement like cholestepure you'd accomplish the same thing with much less discomfort. Many of those flushes, which are supposedly eliminating gallstones are actually just causing you to excrete saponified oil.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:57 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:In addition to the supps CS mentioned, here are some others I'd recommend for liver health, which is critical for detoxification and glutathione production.

Choline; egg yolks are a wonderful source and a phosphatidylcholine supplement is also and has other benefits to nerve health and works as a bile stimulant.

Choline in addition to methionine have been shown to almost eliminate problems with fatty liver.

Methionine; enough protein in the diet should suffice but perhaps taking your selenium as selenomethionine would be beneficial.

There is a video on this site featuring Chris Shade and he discussed how plant antioxidants stimulate glutathione, and the one he mentions specifically is EGCG from green tea. I would imagine others, such as curcumin and also lipoic acid would do the same.

Raw cow's milk, depending on your toleration of dairy, contains glutathione, although I'm not aware of how much. Eating a diet rich in vegetables and some fruits should also be beneficial as many of these contain natural glutathione if only in small amounts.

And also, I believe the liver oil flushes to be a joke (I know many don't agree with this). There are better ways to stimulate bile flow and clean stagnant bile. Taurine, curcumin, bitter greens, and phosphatidylcholine are all great bile stimulators. Taken with a supplement like cholestepure you'd accomplish the same thing with much less discomfort. Many of those flushes, which are supposedly eliminating gallstones are actually just causing you to excrete saponified oil.

interesting info anthony. thanks for the info on liver flushes.. that is very good information to know that i would be wasting my time with that. i'll look into those specific things you mentioned for bile flow on my next purchases next week...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:32 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:If you want to lower liver enzymes, you need glutathione enhancement. NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), Lipoic Acid, Selenium.

Lipoic Acid or (R) Lipoic Acid?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:42 pm

moby wrote:

Lipoic Acid or (R) Lipoic Acid?

r lipoic
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm

sanderson wrote:i just got a test on my liver and found out my liver is seriously screwed up. My ALT level is like 130 and the range is supposed to go up to only 58.

I have been doing iodine, heavy metal cleanse, MANY potent anti fungal/viral/bacterial type things in the past (not recently though, mybe about 2 or 3 months before the test was taken). The thing is, I FEEL better, however, my digestive system is screwed up. My stool will come out in random different colors, green, clay brown, I've had blood in the stool before.. I think it all relates, not sure how though. I'm only eating fruit/vegetables/meat at this point.

My doctor now gave me a bunch more tests and I'm going to get my liver and abdomen checked by some MRI machine or some other machine.

I'm thinking I'm going to do the liver cleanse from curezone, but not sure if continued use of all these detoxing thinsg may be contributing or not?

Stop fucking around with liver cleanses. They don't do anything.

Elevated enzymes and non-brown stools are tell tale signs that you have a problem.

Your digestion is messed up; I can almost guarantee Lipopolysaccharide is causing damage to your liver. Taking in some charcoal and bamboo shoots with vinegar and coconut oil should fix the problem.

CS gave you some good advice. Glutathoine does help with liver conditions. I would suggest consuming a large amount of milk, or whey, and taking in some selenium (shrimp are good).

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:50 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:In addition to the supps CS mentioned, here are some others I'd recommend for liver health, which is critical for detoxification and glutathione production.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I do think you're overestimating the importance of what I bolded. That only addresses problems which are down stream, and only if you're part of the population with a genetic defect. I recall from MasterJohn's article that's only 10%? Idk.

Of course...I'm still all for taking in liver and egg yolks Very Happy

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:53 pm

abc123 wrote:
sanderson wrote:i just got a test on my liver and found out my liver is seriously screwed up. My ALT level is like 130 and the range is supposed to go up to only 58.

Elevated enzymes and non-brown stools are tell tale signs that you have a problem.

Your digestion is messed up; I can almost guarantee Lipopolysaccharide is causing damage to your liver. Taking in some charcoal and bamboo shoots with vinegar and coconut oil should fix the problem.

CS gave you some good advice. Glutathoine does help with liver conditions. I would suggest consuming a large amount of milk, or whey, and taking in some selenium (shrimp are good).

Wow, thanks for this info. You can almost guarantee that is the problem? that is what i like to hear, awesome. I will not mess with the liver cleanses per your advice.. yeah, I honestly had no idea what to do at the time.

Right now I am taking the gluthione everyday 2x per day. I am definietely going to buy your recommendations and give those a shot. In fact.. I am going to whole foods tomorrow and seeing if i can find charcoal/bamboo shoots. thank you very much for this info man, much appreciated. i'll add it in and keep you guys updated.

i cant do whey or milk just because i did Igg anti body test and have very high reactions to dairy.

you and anthony have helped me out so much, thanks for this... i asked my doctor last time i was there if i could get a heavy metal test and she said, there's no way you have a heavy metal problem unless you are eating paint chips... so that's the other person i'm talking to besides this forum... now u guys see how u help me so much lol.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:04 pm

sanderson wrote:
abc123 wrote:

Wow, thanks for this info. You can almost guarantee that is the problem? that is what i like to hear, awesome. I will not mess with the liver cleanses per your advice.. yeah, I honestly had no idea what to do at the time.

Right now I am taking the gluthione everyday 2x per day. I am definietely going to buy your recommendations and give those a shot. In fact.. I am going to whole foods tomorrow and seeing if i can find charcoal/bamboo shoots. thank you very much for this info man, much appreciated. i'll add it in and keep you guys updated.

i cant do whey or milk just because i did Igg anti body test and have very high reactions to dairy.

you and anthony have helped me out so much, thanks for this... i asked my doctor last time i was there if i could get a heavy metal test and she said, there's no way you have a heavy metal problem unless you are eating paint chips... so that's the other person i'm talking to besides this forum... now u guys see how u help me so much lol.

No problem!

I really would recommend taking in milk though. Once your digestion is fixed you should be able to tolerate milk. You could start with a 1/4 cup then increase slowly. The whey in milk has been shown to be highly protective against liver disease in a number of animal models.

If you have success, please let me know by PM? There are other things you can try, but in your case I really think fixing the digestion should be enough.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 pm

And don't overdose on charcoal. Try the bamboo shoots with vinegar and coconut oil first...if you still feel your digestion could be better, try the charcoal.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:09 pm

abc123 wrote:And don't overdose on charcoal. Try the bamboo shoots with vinegar and coconut oil first...if you still feel your digestion could be better, try the charcoal.

Interesting.. okay I will follow that route and I will also let you know via PM if things improve with that. I'm also taking glutamine/glucosomine/gelatin/colostrum/b-complex/b12/probiotics/digestive enzymes/NAC and I'll those in also to the mix... oh boy, hopefully this will work. Smile
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:16 am

ABC,

Thanks for the correction. I went back and took a look at that article and you were right. But I also love anything that would justify more liver and eggs.

And I'm interested by what you said about LPS. As I've been thinking about NAFLD, I wasn't considering that LPS is detoxified by the liver and I had no idea that it could contribute to fat deposits there. Just more evidence my gut is the source of all my problems.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down