Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid

3 posters

Go down

* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid Empty * BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid

Post  Yanks Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm

What's up guys!!!

It's been quite a while since I've posted on here, so here are a few updates on my life...

1. My hair is still around... Getting thinner, but it's my own fault. I know how to halt it through diet and a couple other methods now, but I just have seemed to not care so much. That may be because I've gained perspective with age OR because...

2. My Testosterone is super high now and maybe, just maybe I don't care about my hair because of the added feelings of well being/confidence etc that come along with naturally high T.

I just got bloodwork done for the first time in a few years and low and behold my T has shot up from a low of 290 ng/dL in 2012 (I think I was 26? 27?) all the way up to 1,000 ng/dL now.

I just turned 33 this month.

The current T range for blood is 260-1100. I'm at 1,000. In 2009 the range was capped at 1,000. So when I had this blood drawn I was literally at the top of the old natural in range zone.

On that test in 2012 my FREE T was at 41.9 pg/mL. This would be low if measured against the old 2009ish range of 50-210, but on the new scale (I think 25-150?) I would have been technically in range, although low for mid twenties. With this new bloodwork from a few weeks ago.. FREE T = 122.

3. My wife is pregnant with our first child! Woot!! Still very early, but we're on cloud 9.

So, first off, if you're wondering what I did to increase my T like that... I'm still reverse engineering a bit BUT...

I can tell you that my workout routine has been a big part of it. Heavy lifts (5 sets by 5 reps of back squats, deadlifts, benchpress, overhead press, bent rows) plus other isolation exercises thrown in at the end of workouts. Rest is really important too. Have to get good sleep on a consistent schedule and not overdo it with workouts. Go hard every time, but don't do it more than 3 times per week (4 maximum).

Diet is huge. Get plenty of good fats and cholesterol, sufficient carbs, and quality protein. I did 4 lightly poached eggs daily with olive oil on top. Obviously grass fed, fatty meats (I did a lot of rib eyes and 80% grass fed ground beef), & pastured butter/coconut oil. Fruit, veggies, and for starches quinoa, chickpea and lentil pasta.

Supplements... basic food based multi vitamin, 1000 IU of D most days, plenty of zinc, selenium and magnesium along with some ionic minerals (ConcenTrace). I also started creatine, but not too much, Probably 3g 5 days a week vs the recommended 5g daily or I think 10g to load. I've never gone long enough with creatine to get "loaded" with it anyway.

* I was also doing coffee with conventional heavy cream or half and half almost daily for about 3 weeks up until 3 days before getting my blood taken (I think this played into some higher than desirable estrogen levels as well, but could have also played a role in the T. Not sure yet)

So that's basically it. Obviously I was doing a ton of other things that I'm don't consider significant at the moment, but I'll be refining this all over the next 6 months or so.

NOW! I need some help too...

I had some levels that were a bit off that I'm not too happy about and want to address.

Liver Enzymes:
[High] AST = 52 (range 10-40)
[High] ALT = 107 (range 9-60)

Thyroid:
[VERY Low] TSH = .01 (range .4 - 4.5)
T4 Free and T3 Free were both in range... subclinical hyperthyroidism??

Sex Hormones:
[In Range, but High] Estrogen, Total Serum = 137.7 (range 60 - 190)

So I'm a bit concerned with my TSH (second time it's been at .01 in the last couple years) and my liver enzymes.

I've taken a lot of Lugols iodine over the past few years, but haven't been on it lately. I get a lot of the cofactors for thyroid nourishment, but I'm a bit at a loss for why it's so low. I feel better than I used to when it was in normal range, so that's good and all, but what in the world is going on there? haha!

I've got some theories on what was going on with my liver enzymes and I'm planning on getting my iron and copper tested which I think could play a role, but I don't really know what would cause that. First time they've ever been even slightly towards the high end of in range let alone 2.4x the top end of the limit for ALT.

I'll get my estrogen down. Not worried there.

Any input from ya'll would be much appreciated! And I'm happy to answer any questions on the T increase as well!

Thanks guys.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid Empty Re: * BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid

Post  Yanks Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Well that was a monster post... sorry for the length!

Here are my full lab results for anyone interested/willing to analyze : )

COMP METAB PANEL w/EGFR
GLUCOSE (NON FASTING) 81
SODIUM 139
POTASSIUM 4.5
CHLORIDE 103
CARB DIOXIDE 30
UREA NITRGOGEN 12
CREATININE 0.75
BUN/CREATININE RATIO Normal (not reported)
CALCIUM 9.6
PROTEIN, TOTAL 6.9
ALBUMIN 4.2
GLOBULIN CALCULATED 2.7
A/G RATIO 1.6
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.6
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 56
AST 52 HIGH
ALT 107 HIGH
EGFR NON AFR AMER 121
EGFR AFR AMER 141
PHOSPHORUS 4
MAGNESIUM 1.8

Lipid Panel
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 186
HDL CHOL 60
CHOLESTEROL/HDL RATIO 3.1
LDL CHOL, CALCULATED 112 HIGH - did they lower the level or was I always high?
TRIGLYCERIDES 56
NON CHOLESTEROL 126 this should mean VLDL= 14

TSH, 3RD GENERATION 0.01 LOW (with T4 Free and T3 Free in normal range, could indicate sub clinical hyper thyroidism)
T4, FREE 1.3
T3 UPTAKE NA
T3 TOTAL NA
T3 FREE 3.9

CBC (INCLUDES DIFF/PLT)
WBC 4.2
RBC 5.05
HEMOGLOBIN 14.9
HEMATOCRIT 45.6
MCV 90.3
MCH 29.5
MCHC 32.6
RDW 13.9
PLATELET COUNT 224
MPV 9.9
TOTAL NEUTROPHILS, % 54.8
TOTAL LYMPHOCYTES, % 32.2
MONOCYTES, % 9.7
EOSINOPHILS, % 2.7
BASOPHILS, % 0.6
NEUTROPHILS, ABSOLUTE 2302
LYMPHOCYTES, ABSOLUTE 1352 May be rising, but on lower side. Normal to see high after infection
MONOCYTES, ABSOLUTE 407
EOSINOPHILS, ABSOLUTE 113 Rising…. High could indicate parasite or cance infection
BASOPHILS, ABSOLUTE 25 Middle of high and low overall, but on the lower side. Low indicates allergic reaction, longer to heal from an infection
DIFFERENTIAL 25 On the lower side

ESR, WESETERGREN 2 Actually listed as SED RATE,MOD WESTERGREN
HEMOGLOBIN A1C 4.8

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 1000
TESTOSTERONE % FREE 12.2
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 122
ESTROGENS, TOTAL, SERUM 137.7 Is this estrogen high? Range increaed to 60-190. Been having conventional half and half, heavy cream with coffee for about a month
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

* BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid Empty Re: * BLOOD WORK * Testosterone from 290 to 1000 Naturally! Plus... Liver Enzymes, Estrogen, Thyroid

Post  CF Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 am

Great job Yanks! My liver enzymes are (a little) high as well. The doctor thought it might be caused by a fatty liver. I had an ultrasound done recently and should find out the results soon.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:00 am

Thanks CF! Let me know how it turns out. I may end up doing the same if they don't drop with my next round of blood work.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Awesome, do naturopaths do these kinds of test also?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Yanks wrote:Thanks CF! Let me know how it turns out. I may end up doing the same if they don't drop with my next round of blood work.

Hey Yanks, the doctor said the results of the ultrasound shows me having a slightly fatty liver. I'm a little overweight so I will try to lose some weight and see if that improves things over time.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down