Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss?

+14
AL123
tooyoung
GreatDiscovery
LawOfThelema
dudebro
Zaphod
schpiloch123
Yanks
ubraj
Amaranthaceae
CausticSymmetry
moby
SlowMoe
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss?

Post  dudebro Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 am

I think it is important to consider whether the body will hit a wall with manual stimulation. The body usually experiences desensitization with almost any stimulus. Does anyone think after a certain point the brain is going to just be like ok screw this, I'm not sending anymore blood to the scalp because I've had enough of brushing, i.e. halting angiogenesis and causing a reversal of the progress?

Would we have to keep doing more and more intense stimulation to get the same effect?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is treating environmental issues enough to reverse hairloss?

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:03 am

The MALINIAK method is really not about forcing blood to the scalp but instead
losening the galea so normal bloodflow is restored. Its been working so well for me
I been doing it more and more - especially at the back of the head near the neckline and
behind ears (seems to be the essential places) that I got a bad headache today. And
I usually never have headaches. Maybe I did the massage too much? I hope it goes away
and will not prevent me from continuing this method. It helped a little drinking alot of water.

dudebro wrote:I think it is important to consider whether the body will hit a wall with manual stimulation. The body usually experiences desensitization with almost any stimulus. Does anyone think after a certain point the brain is going to just be like ok screw this, I'm not sending anymore blood to the scalp because I've had enough of brushing, i.e. halting angiogenesis and causing a reversal of the progress?

Would we have to keep doing more and more intense stimulation to get the same effect?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 am

I think it is important to consider whether the body will hit a wall with manual stimulation. The body usually experiences desensitization with almost any stimulus. Does anyone think after a certain point the brain is going to just be like ok screw this, I'm not sending anymore blood to the scalp because I've had enough of brushing, i.e. halting angiogenesis and causing a reversal of the progress?

I'm not sure why that would happen, if you think about muscle building etc. the brain never says no i'm not going to send blood and nutrients to there anymore, nor does it to many other areas.

I think that the issue would be more wether the circulatory system was in good enough shape to send it up there.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:11 am

I just find it hardto overlook the fact that when bloodflow returns to normal, hairloss goes away..
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 pm

schpiloch123 wrote:
I'm not sure why that would happen, if you think about muscle building etc. the brain never says no i'm not going to send blood and nutrients to there anymore, nor does it to many other areas.

I think that the issue would be more wether the circulatory system was in good enough shape to send it up there.

based on your example, you do indeed hit a wall even with muscle building. you have to keep using heavier and heavier weights to see more muscle growth. after a certain period of constantly lifting the same weights, your body isn't challenged anymore.

what I'm wondering is will the supposed regenerated blood flow maintain new hair growth if brushing does in fact work at 2x a day for 5-10min or will we have to keep brushing more and more through out the day?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 pm

I stil don't think thats the issue, I think there would be an issue if the scalp circulatory system was too degraded. Although judging by some of the testimonials people have gotten good results in areas that they have been bald for a long time. Way in excess of the thirty month window.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:18 pm

forget testimonials.

had you ever seen a picture of a cosmetically significant improvement that came soley from addressing environmental factors?

don't tell me pictures aren't worth anything in this day and age. that's rubbish.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 pm

LOT you could apply that to most alternative treatments out there. The only cosmetically significant change I have seen has been from the use of minoxidil and propecia combined.

I think when it comes down to alternative treatments you can't hold yourself back by waiting for some photographic evidence to come up. Based on that logic, you should probably only be on mainstream treatments, because as far as I know they don't exist else where.

If they do I would love to know

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:22 pm

schpiloch123 wrote:LOT you could apply that to most alternative treatments out there. The only cosmetically significant change I have seen has been from the use of minoxidil and propecia combined.

I think when it comes down to alternative treatments you can't hold yourself back by waiting for some photographic evidence to come up. Based on that logic, you should probably only be on mainstream treatments, because as far as I know they don't exist else where.

everybody can regrow on propecia in minox with all the side effects also cosmetically noticed. it requre logic, perserverance, discipline, knowing yourself and a lot of common sense to do it natural way with all other healthy benefits. If you disagree, i am not sure why you are here.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Beebrox wrote:
schpiloch123 wrote:LOT you could apply that to most alternative treatments out there. The only cosmetically significant change I have seen has been from the use of minoxidil and propecia combined.

everybody can regrow on propecia in minox with all the side effects also cosmetically noticed. it requre logic, perserverance, discipline, knowing yourself and a lot of common sense to do it natural way with all other healthy benefits. If you disagree, i am not sure why you are here.

Exactly my point, if one holds the opinion that they need photographic evidence to see wether a treatment works or not then this forum is really not the best place. But I think slamming the blood flow/oxygenation theory just because there is no photographic evidence then they are wasting their time here. I would say that the scientific and forum based evidence for this theory is very strong. It is very easy to see that those who tried/are trying this method are not at all active on this forum much.

It's very easy to get bogged down by all the main stream science of it that androgens cause baldness and that it's genetic. I think the blood flow theory actually presents a very sound argument, that does follow the same understand that the main stream theory does, but just attributes causation elsewhere. It also explains a whole lot more in terms of why we bald only on top and not the sides.

It does take a long time to show the effects, but then so do most treatments that actually work.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:54 pm

My guss is that, with so much slamming of the circulation theory by Internet forums, there have been very few that would even attempt to stay on a blood flow regimen long enough to see cosmetic results.
Look at the brushing lady, it took her several years of brushing alone, but she grew back a good 3/4" or more of her hairline.
Most people don't have that kind of patience.
Now I believe a good multi faceted approach utilizing brushing, inversion, galea loosening techniques, internal blood thinners, anti inflammatories will get results 2-3 times as fast as that.

As said earlier, I believe the evidence is overwhelming that loosening the galea and getting blood/lymph flow going is going to increase your chances of growing your hair back.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Loosening the galea is the essential thing to do! The others brushing, inverting, etc, is secondary (but helpful). The way things are going for me at the moment, this massage has totally stopped my hairloss, and I can already feel miniturized hairs all over my upper scalp is growing bigger. This is FANTASTIC, I dont feel a need to convince anyone to try it if they dont want to - motivation is a keyfactor to do the massage frequently and properly.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Yep^
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  GreatDiscovery Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:59 pm

haha I guess to, If we talk about many centuries ago then I believe there was no hair loss issue. Surprised

GreatDiscovery

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:09 am

explain how most people also start losing hair from non-galea regions. Not talking about bald, talking about thinning

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:30 am

moby wrote:explain how most people also start losing hair from non-galea regions.
I would assume that these people have abnormally poor circulation + abnormally high androgens, androgen sensitivity, calcified vasculare or a combination of all of the above.. The temples, vertex and hairline are all at the extremeties of the scalps vascular network. My temples are thinning, and my circulation is horrible. My guess is that if I relieved all the tension on my galea, the top of my head would have roughly the same amount if hair as my temples.

Last edited by SlowMoe on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:32 am

Take a look at the studies slowmoe posted - and maybe you figure it out - but somehow I doubt it.

moby wrote:explain how most people also start losing hair from non-galea regions. Not talking about bald, talking about thinning

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:44 am

moby wrote:explain how most people also start losing hair from non-galea regions. Not talking about bald, talking about thinning

Already been explained dude, go back to that thread, re-read, and maybe you might be able to understand

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

LawOfThelema wrote:
had you ever seen a picture of a cosmetically significant improvement that came soley from addressing environmental factors?

Does the Botox study not contain enough information to convince you?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:39 am

SlowMoe wrote:

Does the Botox study not contain enough information to convince you?

Well here you are again - comparing 2 ideas which are not nearly the same. Botox might loosen the scalp but might also trigger much changes in the body, than just increased blood flow.

You are having results also with internals ( at least vasodilator-ginko) and and topicals ZX42 which contains minoxidil. That's why you are not credible to talk about manual methods alone. I'd not put this comment here if i wouldn't try and doing all this already. I regrew hair with minox back in 2010-11, stopped due side effect of alcohol in solution, and been doing manual methods almost since i stopped minox. Firstly i lost all the hair i gained and more, and now after 8month of addresing my health issues naturally, I can count out all the hair i regrew back and just realized it's a hell of a process - with heavily addressing blood flow and more.

I will point out again. I think manual methods/inversions/increase blood flow techniques should be in every regimen, but still think you are misleading people quite a bit. But again i think that minox=false hope - maybe you will be able to maintain the hair when you stop applying it, maybe not.

And adds of minox, have nothing to do on this boards, IMHO. Peace.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 am

Thank you breebox. Are you saying that somehow a toxin such as botox actually somehow regrew hair in it's own?

I think it should be plain as day to see what happened in that study; scalp tension went away, hair regrowth began. Simple as that.
Also, I realize that we are not talking about using botox here, but I can keep my scalp muscles pretty much at a full stare of relaxation throughout the day now, so IMO that, plus the brushing, ginko and inversion should be at least as efficient at delivering blood to my scalp, probably much better.

SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:03 am

or how about the alternative: botox downregulates inflammation -> protein synthesis increases -> follicles start regenerating

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:11 am

moby wrote:or how about the alternative: botox downregulates inflammation -> protein synthesis increases -> follicles start regenerating

Sir, please dont take this to heart, but you have been heavily brainwashed into thinking that our scalp does not need blood to be healthy. That just shows the power of the internet.

It is painfully obvious that hair loss is prevalent in the galea region. Galea region = tight skin. Tight skin= poor blood/ lymph flow.

Remove tension, increase blood flow, hair growth returns to normal. This is the simplest, most logical explanation.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:37 am

SlowMoe wrote:
Sir, please dont take this to heart, but you have been heavily brainwashed into thinking that our scalp does not need blood to be healthy. That just shows the power of the internet.

oh shut up and stop using those stupid words. There is a reason why CS hasn't responded to any of those dumb circulation threads. It's stupid.

SlowMoe wrote:
It is painfully obvious that hair loss is prevalent in the galea region. Galea region = tight skin. Tight skin= poor blood/ lymph flow.

MPB also affects sides and sometimes donor. How do explain that?

SlowMoe wrote:
Remove tension, increase blood flow, hair growth returns to normal. This is the simplest, most logical explanation.

zero proof. You use minoxidil so your results don't count.

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 am

SlowMoe wrote:Thank you breebox. Are you saying that somehow a toxin such as botox actually somehow regrew hair in it's own?

I think it should be plain as day to see what happened in that study; scalp tension went away, hair regrowth began. Simple as that.
Also, I realize that we are not talking about using botox here, but I can keep my scalp muscles pretty much at a full stare of relaxation throughout the day now, so IMO that, plus the brushing, ginko and inversion should be at least as efficient at delivering blood to my scalp, probably much better.

You know also that wounding triggers regeneration (on healthy individuals) including on your scalp, do you? You know that manually methods are only one aspect of how to remove tension/ increase blood flow. Do you know, you are not credible regrower for this site's standards with applying minox on your scalp? You know everything you promote was already discussed and it's already in different regimens used by various people including mine? You've heard about alopecia areata? You dont try to be constructive, do you?

I think this are credible questions for you, based on your actions. You behave like your found solution for hairloss that works every person in the planet. And hidding people speculation that your hair will last after you quit your regimen... Hope they will.

I wouldn't mind if you've talked just about manual techniques if your regimen would consist 100% manual approaches and not ginko/topicals-minox, etc. But what you are doing is propaganda discrediting all other...You are testimonial for your regimen, nothing less and sorry to think loud- nothing more.

And massaging head all day is maybe not an option for someone, live inverted life to let gravity do the work also not, although i agree it's an good option and agree that blood/lymph flow is very important too, maybe even underestimaded.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next