Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Restless legs EmptyToday at 1:25 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Restless legs EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Restless legs EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Restless legs EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Restless legs EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 5:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Restless legs EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 12:23 pm by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Restless legs EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 12:51 pm by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Restless legs EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 2:04 pm by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Restless legs EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 2:20 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Restless legs

4 posters

Go down

Restless legs Empty Restless legs

Post  SlowMoe Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Yeah I have noticed pretty much throughout my life that my legs tend to stay with an uncomfortable "restless" sensation, most pronounced when I am at rest. I have heard people refer to it as needing to yawn, but in your legs, which is pretty accurate.

The most aggravating thing is that it is just very hard for me to relax any of my muscles below my waist.

I heard it can be due to a magnesium deficiency, and magnesium does seem to help, but I was wondering if there are any other remedies out there for this.

Thanks
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Restless legs Empty Re: Restless legs

Post  rofl Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 am

sorry magnesium is the only one i know, but in my experience it works really well.

i guess the other thing u could try is relaxing herbs such as valerian, hops, kava, chamomile etc.

possibly potassium and sodium, blackmores makes a product called SPPC sodium phosphate, potassium chloride. getting these in balance theoretically should help as sodium and potassium control electrical activity in nerves. also calcium triggers the release of neurotransmitters out of transport vesicles into the synaptic cleft which is a gap between the ends of nerves (presynaptic membrane) and the beginning of other ones (post synaptic membrane) so i guess getting sodium, potassium and calcium in balance should help. try a quality mineral supplement.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:28 am

eating plenty of electrolites might help. You ever experience spasm during prolonged workout?

anxious1 - you also suggest some ratio of ingested minerals? I've never paid attention to it, but recently read quite a lot, that it's not only about having enought of particular mineral, but also correct ratio...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Magnesium throughout my life worked OK for me but wasn't the cure. Valerian and kava kava and many others didn't do much IME.

Two years ago I took the homeopath for zinc (to turn the positive charge zinc in the body back to being useable again) and noticed restless legs disappeared and never came back.

An article. http://hpathy.com/homeopathy-papers/homeopathy-for-restless-leg-syndrome/

In short, I believe it's a positively charged issue. Mine personally was a zinc issue but everyone will be different. Positively charged issues being from ionizing radiation like those airport backscatter machines, food from microwave ovens, lead, mercury and other issues.

Can try a bunch of different remedies and will possibily find your cure, and/or can focus on correcting positively charged issues in the body such as proper chelation of mercury, lead as well as antioxidants, etc..

Many of my prior posts talk about this positively charged issue and also it's role in MPB if you wish to do a search.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down