Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out

3 posters

Go down

Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out Empty Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out

Post  Hairbeback Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 pm

I noticed I get these weird little bugles when I work out and tense my legs when I do leg exercises. The skin gets raised....its not a lump or cyst per say, but I don't know what they are. They disappear when I am not tensing my legs up working out, what could it be?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out Empty Re: Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out

Post  hadrion Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:53 am

I hate being an alarmist, but it could be the start of varicose veins. I had them. Had them removed in one leg and lasered shut in the other.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out Empty Re: Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out

Post  Hairbeback Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:44 am

No not varicose veins lol. It only happen when I lift heavy weights with my legs.....if it is, I better start prevention

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:02 am

My first guess would have been VV too. But it could be a properly functioning cutaneous vein thats just engorged with blood also. You don't see it as often as you see them on the arms of typical lifters, but its the same principle. When you have a region where the sub-c fat is low enough and you're experiencing enough blood flow, veins bulge, and especially in certain areas, they can kind of wrap up on themselves and look like little balls. But I'm just guessing here. Without pictures we can't know. The texture would help shed some light, whether its hard and palpable or kind of just soft and can be pushed out when pressure is applied.

Grotesque example:
Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out Image_1364662241031

Important to note though is that varicose veins can get confused with spider veins. Vericose veins aren't always noticeable by color under the skin. They can just look like a "ball of worms". The lifter's veins above could be mistaken for vericose veins in someone who was untrained.

Besides those things I would have no idea. The only other possible thing I could think of would be that you're seeing the actual heads or striations of a muscle. But that would take a pretty damn low body fat level and I'd expect you'd have to have been lifting for at least a little while (some degree of hypertrophy) before you'd start seeing that.

An example of those striations:

Tiny little bulges on legs when tensed up working out Tp5
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:30 am

There is no vein and its not hard. I can push it back, but it will slightly pop back out when I am doing leg lifts of some sort. Haven't noticed any veins, but on that bottom picture of the guys leg on the right size....you see that little lump on the side of his leg? It looks like that.....

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:21 am

Hairbeback wrote:There is no vein and its not hard. I can push it back, but it will slightly pop back out when I am doing leg lifts of some sort. Haven't noticed any veins, but on that bottom picture of the guys leg on the right size....you see that little lump on the side of his leg? It looks like that.....

You're probably just seeing part of the belly of one of the extensor muscles of the foot. The major ones attach at the fibula right around that area. They are really small.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down