Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Is it possible to grow taller? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is it possible to grow taller?

+10
Nobody
imprisoned-radical
Hairbeback
ANewHope
rofl
SlowMoe
theseeker86
mikeyc
AS54
FireFist
14 posters

Go down

Is it possible to grow taller? Empty Is it possible to grow taller?

Post  FireFist Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey guys,

Off topic, i know. Is there any way to increase height by many 1inch or so? naturally? (mid 20's)?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to grow taller? Empty Re: Is it possible to grow taller?

Post  AS54 Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 am

Not at your age. The epiphyseal plate at the end of your longer bones closes up and the bone tissue becomes harder and won't respond the same way to growth hormone any longer. There are a lot of places online that promise growth in terms of height from different exercises or supplements aimed at increasing HGH. It just won't happen. There is a surgical procedure that can be done that literally extends the length of your bones (I'd imagine the tibia and fibula) but from what I've heard its incredibly expensive and you are literally out of service (bed and wheelchair) for months upon months. I'm only 5'10'', and wanted badly to hit 6 foot, but it just wasn't in the cards.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyc Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:52 am

Yes there is a technique, surgically basically they break your legs and put them in a traction cage which they move apart ever so slightly allowing new bone to grow they and keep doing this till the desired result is achieved. I did see a program years ago where a woman had it done she went to russia she added 4 inches to her leg length but it was incredibly painfull she said in the interview, maybe google it you might find it , but it was a long time ago that I saw it.

http://www.shortsupport.org/Health/Leg-Lengthening/procedure.html

Found a site that describes the surgery. brrrrrrrrrrr looks painfull.

mikeyc

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:59 am

A friend of mine lucked out, he was just short (no pun intended) of 6ft then when he turned 26 he gained that extra inch...lucky bastard. I guess it comes down to genetics, must of just had that little bit more left in him or something.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 am

How so seeker?

Also, i understand there is roughly 1inch difference in your height between morning and night, is that true? If it is, why is that?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:28 am

MikeyC,

Yeah that does look painful. The part that stuck out to me most was the bulleted list near the bottom of the page. One in particular said that height increase is often less than expected. Often closer to half an inch. It seems like a big risk financially and healthwise (infection) given that the results are so varied. If I spent months in a wheelchair for this surgery and came out a half an inch taller, I'd be pissed.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:18 am

FireFist wrote:How so seeker?

If you mean how did he do it then i have no idea, just one last growth spurt i assumed, i never thought too much into it.

I'm aware of the being taller in the morning but unfortunately it doesn't last Sad

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 am

There is a new procedue where they place you in a inversion table of sorts and place spacers between the bones of your spine. You can grow up to 3" or so based on how many treatments you participate in.

J/K
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 am

very nice SlowMoe
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 am

Hopes dashed.

Is it possible to grow taller? Tumblr_m67ijv0Kla1qizx4p
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Also, i understand there is roughly 1inch difference in your height between morning and night, is that true? If it is, why is that?

because during the day when u r standing ur vertibre compress the discs between them, and then when u r sleeping they space out again so ur tallest in the morning.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  ANewHope Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:46 pm

There are a few e-books on the internet which claims you may grow one or a few inches taller until 35 years old. They contain some specific exercises and techniques. Here are two examples: "Grow Taller Secrets" and "How To Naturally Increase your Height". The last one is easy to obtain for free, just google the title and the first result is a link to a pdf document; you may downloaded it from there.

ANewHope

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:41 am

I had family members who grew 2-4 inches from 22-26

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:42 am

I know you are taller in the morning, and you get shorter at night so what is your true height then?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 am

Hairbeback wrote:I had family members who grew 2-4 inches from 22-26

How did they do it?

I remember an old post by Prague saying that he grew a couple centimeters by working out on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. Supposedly this increases HGH.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:21 am

Problem is, once the epiphyseal plate has been mineralized and fused with the rest of the bone, all of the HGH in the world won't have any effect on it. You need the HGH when it is still primarily cartilage. That much of a height increase after age 22 is certainly outlier status. Most people aren't going to experience that no matter what they do. By age 22, most men have reached the height they will remain at. The key is getting the proper nutrition, sleep, and exercise during your adolescence.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Nobody Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:38 am

Maybe. For the same reason fencers and athletes can lengthen from thrusting and throwing. Since at night people are often 1-2cm shorter than morning, height isn't like stone.
With daily stretching, daily vigorous kicking can lengthen legs. Jumping legs and spine. Maybe an external style like changquan, chen taijiquan or taekwondo is good. I sometimes hear swimming can. I think only if swimming for a very long time..
It is only thing I know. If you don't get taller, they are still good exercise.

Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm

imprisoned-radical wrote:
Hairbeback wrote:I had family members who grew 2-4 inches from 22-26

How did they do it?

I remember an old post by Prague saying that he grew a couple centimeters by working out on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. Supposedly this increases HGH.

Prague has the answers!

Here is what may do it:-

Wake up at 3.45am - after about 4 hours sleep, do intensive growth hormone releasing, weight bearing exercises (squats, lunges with heavy dumbells, inverted chest press, inverted push ups etc.)

Then hang upside down for 5 mins and then go back to sleep for at least another 4 hours, but in a bed that is angled down at about 10 - 20 degrees.

You get maximum release and usage of growth hormone inbetween the two 4 hour sleep patterns.

I did this (without wanting to get taller) and gained more muscle in a short time than I had ever done before or since.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Mastery, do you have any material on the subject? A book, good site, ...I need it to explore HGH release in correlation with EEG signal - during sleep and circadian rythms. Tnx

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 am

No sorry, I was simply told it first hand and it worked amazingly.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:01 am

Interesting way to increase GH, Mastery. I can imagine that would work. You were really doing that though? Sounds difficult, i can't stand a morning workout because I hate working out right after waking. I usually wait until about 3:00 in the afternoon and do it at work instead of taking a lunch.

But the problem with getting taller isn't just the release of HGH. Its the fact that the bone no longer responds to it. When we're still growing, that plate is still just cartillage and it is responsive. But at some point it gets mineralized similarly to the rest of the bone and is no longer capable of growth.

If this weren't the case, most professional bodybuilders would be 8 ft. tall. Might help those HGH guts out though.

AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Nice question. Everyone would like to get taller.

The only things I know to make a person get taller are the sports basketball and swimming. Then again, that's for children and teenagers height, but heck what have you got to lose. But they probably want help much.

I know that in Japan, children would be given the supplement called Chlorella, and they would become taller compared to people not taking it. If only I knew about chlorella when I was younger. Maybe it may still add to some height. Even if it makes a minuscule difference.

Don't fret about your height my friend. Anyone tall that judges you based on stature is low in my opinion.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:59 am

The sleep pattern Prague used is interesting, have heard of it before. Seems to have some merit.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-conduct-a-personal-experiment-biphasic-sleeping/#more-29683
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down